What to get?

U

Unregistered

My daughter is five years old (six in August) and VERY petite. She is only 30 pounds. I turned her forward on her 3rd birthday (weighed 24 pounds) and she is now in an Eddie Bauer seat. The harness slots are so low she is (finally!) outgrowing it. So, I'm looking for a new seat. We don't ride in the car much. To target and back once a week (40 minutes), to art class and back three times a week (20 minutes) and to go grocery shopping when it is raining. Some times we do go in it a little more but try not to.

So, I'm looking at the Britax seats. I REALLY like the Woodstock pattern. Does that only come on the booster? Both my husband, daughter, and I want it. I tried her in a few seats.

Marathon- she is just at the second slots... maybe a hair above but when I sat her in it she seemed like that would be the one she needed.
Regent- also in the second with a little room to go.
Apex- third with about an inch to go

PLEASE tell me the Woodstock comes in other seats! If not, is she ok to be in a booster? What would YOU do?

ADS
U

Unregistered

Well I'll tell you what I did my MY dd. She is now 8 and just hit 40lbs. She is harnessed in a Husky in each of our vehicles. She has only ridden in a booster one time and it was the Parkway. I did not feel comfortable with her moving to a booster when she outgrew her previous harnessed seat and was only 37lbs. I am VERY happy with the Husky (now the Regent) and plan to keep her harnessed as long as we can. She will use the Parkway for rides in other's cars if necessary.
If your dd were my dd I would not put her in a booster yet. Even if she is able to sit properly she is so light weight/tiny she could use the additional protection of a harnessed seat. (At least that is my rational for dd.) I think I'd choose the Regent over the Marathon because it sits lower on the seat of the car much like a booster and seems less like a 'carseat'. (I personally went back and forth on MA vs Husky for what seemed to be forever but am glad I chose the Husky.)
Sorry, I'm not up on the available seat covers. Our newer seats all have 'funky denim' 'cause there weren't many other options 'back then'!!
C.

U

Unregistered

Anyone else have anything to add? I think what I will do is order a Regent for our car and a Parkway for if she ever goes with friends and to use when she outgrows the Regent (but it may expire before then looking at her growth).

Are there other covers available for the Regent? Can you use a Husky cover with the Regent seat?

skaterbabs

I think that's a good idea. As far as using the Husky covers, I'm not sure. In theory they should fit, but that's a Q for Britax.

U

Unregistered

If you find the old Husky covers please post. The Regent colors Im not a fan of.

U

Unregistered

I called Britax today and they said it was a no-no to use a Husky cover with a Regent. That just goes to show you how bad aftermarket products are... same seat with the one difference being the tether location and "BOOM!" you can't use the other cover.

I wish they had more plain covers for the Regent. We're going for the Marathon for that reason. I still expect her to be in it until she is about eight or so... hopefully longer!

Splash

The only difference is the cutout for the tether?
I don't have either of those seats, so I can't be sure what the tether goes through in the seat... but if it's just that, I don't see how cutting a hole in the cover could ever hurt anything. It doesn't make sense to rule it out for that. I know someone who uses a marathon cover on a boulevard because she loved the pattern so much and hated the BV patters. She just hacked at it (well, she can sew so she did a pretty good job) and then bought the head cover from Britax. It doesn't interfere with anything. Not sure if she called Britax or not but it doesn't affect the way the seat functions at all. And that is way more cosmetic surgery than the husky cover would require for a regent.

K

kellyotn

skaterbabscpst said:
Yes, it's the Onyx. That's pretty close to plain imo. lol

Ah. See, I'm not a fan of the two tone deal. But, WAY more than that, I'm not a fan of how the grey part feels. ;) An all black one would be great!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC