Marathon - Portland?

U

Unregistered

Albee Baby is selling the Portland pattern for only $219.99 and I'm thinking of ordering it. But I've never seen it in person....have any of you? Is it nice? I know it is a discontinued 2005 model - is that a problem? It's still the same seat as the 2006 version right?

thanks for your input!
Jess

ADS
U

Unregistered

My friend got the racer, also on clearance, and really likes it. It looks nice in her grey van!

U

Unregistered

LuvBug03 said:
yes its still the same seat they just discontinue the patterns every year, lol!

The only reason it would be a problem is if you were buying it for a newborn or for passing down, you wouldnt get the full 6years from it.

Good point. I am buying it for a 6 month old who is outgrowing her infant seat. And she's our first, so I guess I could potentially be passing it down in a year or so when we have #2 (or just buying another one). I wish there was some way to know when exactly in 2005 it was manufactured! If it was just November or December 2005 then I've only lost a few months, but if it was early 2005 then yeah, I've lost a whole year. Maybe I'm just better off sucking up the $50 and paying full price for a 2006 model. After all $50 over 6 years isn't so bad, right?

thanks again!
Jess

LuvBug

yeah just 'suck it up' ;) lol!
$50 is probably less than you would spend on any replacement seat if the MA expired too soon.

U

Unregistered

I used to have the portland seat. I had it only briefly becasue it was on of the recalled ones and since I only had it for a week I returned it to the store to get a non-recalled seat. I inlaws also have the portland print marathon as well. It is a light brown color with the brown harness straps. If you have brown or tan interior this would probably go great. There seat is fading after only two years but they don't have tinted windows. This isn't the most appealing pattern Britax has-in my opinion. I like the darker cover as the hide stains the most. I love the granite cover-which I have and the park avenue as well. Both of these have the grey harness straps witch are also great at hiding stains. I hope this helps.

U

Unregistered

I ordered the Racer and am expecting it to deliver by Thursday. I wonder what it will look like, since the pic on the website wasn't very good. I bought it for my 20 month old who just outgrew his Roundabout.

Mandy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC