Just got my BV!!!!

U

Unregistered

I am so excited! I just got my BV to replace our Evenflo Triumph (which we LOVED, but ds was getting too tall for it). I have NEVER installed a seat using LATCH (dh always installed our seats) but I did it NO PROBLEM (FF) with the BV. I had a hard time getting the old seat out because dh had it in there SO tight, but once I got that, I had no problems at all with getting a good install. I can't wait for ds to wake up from his nap so we can take a ride!

ADS
U

Unregistered

Forgot to mention, I have one complaint. I had to take the headrest completely out of our van (on that one seat) to get the seat to sit up against the back of the seat. I think ds is waking up, so gonna go see how he likes it!

U

Unregistered

Ok, tested it out, and I can't seem to get the straps as tight as I would like them? I loved the Triumph because with the knob adjusters on the side it was SIMPLE to get it tight, but I can't seem to pull down on the strap in the BV hard enough? Am I doing something wrong?

Oh and he seemed to like it. He got in and was trying to get the straps onto his own shoulders lol.

-Julie

Tara

Glad to hear the install went well :)
As for the harness adjusting..well..I don't have a BV so, not speaking from personal experience here but..
Is it perhaps of the kind that needs a firm tug, then relax completely, then another tug. Incremental. Not all in one swift pull/jerk ?? Our Safe Embrace works like that, better to tug a little, then again, and again until tightened properly. Whereas with our RA, you can just yank it all at once. KWIM?
But like I said..I don't have a BV so don't know for sure, just my thoughts.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Yup, Tara, our BLVD was like that - sort of a ratcheting technique ... pull stop pull stop pull stop pull :rolleyes: I usually like to remove vehicle headrests (when not required) anyway - somehow I feel like it gives the slightest bit of recline (although it might be my imagination, LOL)

U

Unregistered

Thanks for the advise. I am going to see if the ratcheting thing works when I go to the grocery store and to run some errands in a little while.

Another question though. We called the car seat tech seatcheck.org had listed, and they wouldn't check our seat because it wasn't the make they sell at their lot (they are a chrysler dealer, I have a Kia). He told us he wasn't familiar with Kia, and that I needed to go to another town to get it inspected. Anything I can do besides going to another town? (By the way, we live in Hampton Roads VA, so it's a HUGE area, and another town is not all that far, but I live BEHIND the Chrysler dealer!)

-Julie

U

Unregistered

Ok, I tried the ratcheting thing, and it doesn't seem to be getting tighter at all that way. I pulled up, I pulled down, I got in the front seat and pulled from there, basically I tried everything, and still just couldn't get it tight enough. He seemed to really like the seat though and he had no problems seeing around the wings at all.

skaterbabs

Julie, a very good friend of mine is a tech near you, if you'll message me with your information I'll have her call you. Her name is Lisa and she lives in the Hampton/Va Bech area.

Tara

Yeah, check for pressure against the harness adjuster strap along the back/under the seat. That's the only other thing I can think of.

M

MyAngelsAliandPeanut

A trick to the Boulevard....

The knobs to adjust the height of the harness on the side.... the actual hole in the seat should be even with his shoulder when adjusted correctly. You have to reach through the cover to feel it... adjust the harness/headrest so that it is about even with his shoulders.

Then lower it further... 1/2 an inch or an inch below his shoulders.

THEN tighten the harness as tight as you can get it which still won't be tight enough for you.

THEN raise the headrest using the knobs on the side and bring it back up to even with his shoulders. Raising the headrest will tighten the harness, therefor eliminating the tugging and pulling to tighten it with the adjuster strap.

You'll have to play with it a little bit, because you may have to lower the headrest more or less depending on your kid and how tight you can get the harness, ect. However, this works with my girls. And, I leave it tight I don't loosen it to take them out...then I just fight with it to buckle them back in. :) Easier than making sure it is tight enough every single time because I tend to obsess a little about that. :)

Hope that helps!

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
So true! Forgot about that, but I remember doing it a couple times during freaky weather changes (lots of layers one day, short sleeves the next, UGH) - worked like a charm for us :)

U

Unregistered

I'll have to try that on my DD's WIZ. I've never been able to get it as tight as I'd like either. Really odd, I even called Britax and asked why this was as she is NOT a tiny infant but a small 4 yr old and I couldn't see how it could just get so tight and stop. Even did it uninstalled. They didn't have an answer, just had me 'play' with it while on the phone (he was so patient). After a bit it seemed a bit better but not really what I wanted. Maybe it will get better with use? Ours is so infrequently used.
C.

U

Unregistered

Ok, it's installed with LATCH, so no problems with the shoulder belt being in the way. I also checked for pressure on the harness and no problems there either. We don't loosen the harness each time we take him out, it's just that yesterday when we tried the seat he was wearing a sweatshirt, and today he was wearing the equivilent of 2 sweatshirts, so I had to loosen it to get him in and then tighten it back up. I will definately have to try adjusting the headrest part to get the harness tighter on him! I totally would not have thought of that!

skaterbabscpst, i'll send you a message in a little bit, when I don't have a kid crawling all over me lol.

-Julie

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC