whats the difference

U

Unregistered

I am buying my neice a new car seat since her current one is a joke (dosen't fit properly in the car and is going on 6 yrs old). She is a very tiny 2 year old. She will be 3 in Dec. . Anyways I am researching the Britax since I already have a marathon for my son. What is the difference between the wizzard and marathon. I noticed on the web site they say that the wizzard has true side impact so dose that mean the marathon dosen't. If so, is the wizzard safer then the marathon for the outboard position my neice will be in. Thanks for any help.

ADS
U

Unregistered

side impact protection

I'm not an expert but saw no answers to your questions and thought I'd put in what I do know. the Wizard has often been recommended for people who will have their kids outboard. It has 'wings' that protect the head on each side. It is or has been, discontinued and can be bought for less than it had been going for. Sometimes now under $200. That in my opinion is a good deal.
I bought a Wiz for my daughter for our Camry. She sits outboard and though she's not had an occasion to ride in that car since I bought it (!!) I feel much better about that seat there than say, her RA.
The Wizard is also easier to adjust the harness height, which could make it easier for her parents to use properly.
Your niece is lucky to have you!!
C.

W

whtmstng95

boulevard replaces the wizard

The replacement for the wizard is the boulevard. available at babies r us.
i tried the boulevard in my vehicle and found that in a rear facing position, you have to bend the child around the wings because your space in the doorway is reduced in that position. that could be a pain. also, i think that children like looking out the window and if they are always leaning forward to look around the wings it defeats any safety purpose they were designed for.
i bought the marathon and couldn't be happier.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
My daughter was not an infant when rear-facing in the Boulevard & Wizard, but I never had any issues with the wings ... she liked (still does like) the support they offer & I never had any complaints myself about ease of getting her in or out.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC