Seatbelt buckle cover cracked?

J

jkw

Seatbelt buckle cover cracked?

I was reinstalling my carseat and cracked the buckle cover. This looks like a purely cosmetic thing as its just a piece of plastic thats basically snaps on. Is is still OK to install a car seat in this position. I have the seat in there now and its tight and doesn't get loose if you pull on it. I don't see how this piece of plastic that snaps on could have much on an effect..............? Any answers

ADS
R

Robert

Re: Seatbelt buckle cover cracked?

The cover is basically cosmetic. However the best thing to do is consult the manufacture at least for piece of mind.

U

UlrikeDG

Are you talking about the Britax cover?

The one they have for the Roundabout/Advantage/Freeway/Expressway seats? If so, it is not a safety feature as far as crash safety is concerned. Some people have had problems with their children or even babies pushing down on the button and unlatching themselves in a moving vehicle. If that is your concern, you may want to order a new one from Britax (www.britaxusa.com/ -- Click order accessories; it's under "Harnesses & Buckles". It's free, and shipping is ~$2, IIRC.). It also serves to *help* prevent food/drink from falling into the buckle. If you order a new one, you may want to order a spare or 2 as well. I recently broke one of my 2 covers when I knelt in the seat to install it (hurt my knee, too! OUCH :eek: ).

J

jkw

No I mean the buckle cover to my seatbelt in my car.

Where I install the seat. Center position, the only one with a tether hook.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC