Car seat that can be a booster too??

L

LyndaSLP

Car seat that can be a booster too??

Hi. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on a car seat that can also be a booster seat. My son is 15 months old; 26.2 lbs & 33 inches tall. He is currently rear facing in the Evenflo Triumph. He and I are headed to NV next week to visit my parents. (We live in NC.) Well, my husband and I are toying with the idea of having my parents purchase a carseat so I don't have to lug mine on the airplane. Although we LOVE the Triumph, I think it would be best to purchase a car seat that also can be a booster seat in the future. My reasoning being more economic than anything else. I figure we should invest in something Matthew can use for many years during our visits to my parents.

Do you have any thoughts on a type of seat to buy??

Thanks!
Lynda

ADS
U

UlrikeDG

You really should use the seat on the plane!

"Should I book an airplane seat for my child?" www.babycenter.com/expert.../7297.html
"Dear Abby about flying with children" (written by a flight attendant) boards2.parentsplace.com/...?inline=-1
About checking car seats (why not to) boards2.parentsplace.com/...?inline=-1
"plane travel question" boards2.parentsplace.com/...?inline=-1
Why not to use a front pack on a plane boards2.parentsplace.com/...?embed=all
FAA's Tips for Parents Using Child Restraints on Aircraft www.faa.gov/fsdo/ord/tips.htm

It really is MUCH, MUCH, MUCH safer to use a car seat on the plane! Many parents also find that their kids do better in their own seat. Not only is it more comfortable, but it is also familiar, and most kids are better behaved, because they are used to staying still in a car seat, but they want to get down and play when strapped in a plane seat or on a parent's lap.

U

UlrikeDG

And here's my input about combo/booster seats...

I posted about them a little way down the page. pub59.ezboard.com/fcarsaf...ic&index=1

If you like the Triumph, I think the Apollo would be a good seat to look into. It has many of the same features (memory harness, dial adjustment & EPS foam). However, the Apollo will have less sleep support than the Triumph. The best bet is to try before you buy!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC