Babies Too Tall!!!

S

Shari

Babies Too Tall!!!

My daughter is almost 7 months old 13lbs 13oz last time we were at the doctors about a month ago and she is just about 27" tall, shes not ready in weight for a new carseat but shes very tall. A friend of mine read in Parent magazine that you can switch carseats by height instead of weight? I need to know what to do? Can i switch her now? The poor thing has to squish down to fit in the seat. Please help i cant seem to find any info on this!! Also her head is at an inch if not less from the top of the carseat when she is sitting as i put her in, if she sits straight up her head is just about at the top of the seat! THANK YOU!!

ADS
R

Robert

Re: Babies Too Tall!!!

It sounds like its time for a new seat. I assume you are using a fant seat and if this is the case then you need to go to a convertible seat. Make sure the convertible goes rear facing until at least 30 pounds (sone rear face until 35 pounds). It is best and safer for your daughter if you can keep her rear facing as long as possible up to the rear limits of the child seat.

C

Caviller

I agree with Robert...

You can switch to a convertible carseat anytime, and keep your baby rear-facing. Please see the "Carseat Basics" link under the top banner for more information on this next step, and for some links to other sites with specific recommendations.

Good luck!

Darren

S

Shari

Thank You!!

Thanks i went ahead and looked through the infomation on the carseat and just as i thought the height limit is up to 26 inches. Time to go carseat shopping! Thanks for the help i appreciate it very much!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC