Tether anchors

U

Unregistered

I'm hoping someone here can help me...my husband bought a new truck - 1998 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad cab - and there are no tether anchors in the back. The dealer is going to install them (but he didn't buy it from a Dodge dealer) and I guess I am really anal about stuff like this - but I want to know if anyone here knows where they should be installed? I'm assuming on the floor under the back seat....but I want to make sure they are right...and I want them in all 3 back seat positions just in case.

Thanks in advance for your help!

ADS

Loves2sing

I am not a tech, and i would love one to chime in and answer your question, but I believe that the anchor needs to be put on a part that is bolted to the vehicle. My Dh had to install one in our ancient sunbird, and with the right tools it was very easy to do. My best advice to you, would be to call Dodge, and someone there should be able to tell you where to install it. I wouldn't call a dealership, as most of them don't have a clue about anything related to a car seat, but call Dodge, and ask to speak to an engineer, that works with the seats. Also make sure with Dodge that you have a compatible anchor for your vehicle. Ours had to be ordered in from GM. Hope this helps!

my3girls

I had read so many people saying it would be super easy, so I thought I would buy the anchors and have dh put them in for me in our 2000 Dodge Caravan. I ordered 1 for about $15. But then when it came, I started reading the instructions and got a little worried. It said things like "drill here, being careful to avoid the gas tank" and "drill through the firewall of the vehicle". It was then that I decided to let someone else do it. I would just make sure you find a reputable Dodge dealer. The anchor for my van came with a life-sized map of my van, they just unhooked my seats and laid this giant piece of paper down that told them exactly where to drill. I had 4 anchors installed in total and it didn't cost me a dime, except that I wasted $15 buying one in the first place.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC