For those asking about the upcoming Britax Products:

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
There have been a few threads recently asking about new Britax products. Attached is some information Britax was kind enough to send. Below is all the information I have, and Britax has posted additional details on their website. I do not have any other information on pricing, shipping dates or on when retailers will have product on shelves. Please be patient, as Britax customer service will not be able to answer any questions on pricing, shipping or availability until after they have posted these details on their website sometime in May. Please monitor their website for new press releases and details, it can be found at http://www.britaxusa.com .

New Infant with Base- "Knap-SI" model (pronounced like napsie). The SI is for Side Impact. 4 to 22 lbs.

Evolved from the never-released "Companion." Includes a specially designed headrest optimized for enhanced side impact protection using the ISO dynamic test method. Special energy absorbing elements inside the shell. Headrest lined with EPS and comfort foam is manually adjustable to 4 heights, 3 traditional plus 1 lower for low birth weight babies... Harness shoulder belt height adjusts with headrest. 2 crotch strap positions. Base has flexible LATCH and mini-connectors plus built-in lock-off for LATCH belt or lap belt; anti-rebound bar, dial for base angle adjustment. Shell, handle, base colors are light grey. Handle has 3 locked positions: up, back, down for non-rocking. Canopy pivots front-rear. Production date not yet final. Will be offered initially in 2 fabrics. Travel system will be the "Knap-SI Buggy." MSRP to be announced when production begins.

New Wizard convertible 5 to 65 lbs.

Evolved from Marathon plus a stepless adjustable headrest with enhanced side impact protection, includes EPS and comfort foams. Certain fabrics will include mesh for visibility ports through the headrest. Approx. 1.5 inches more shoulder width room than Marathon. In max. up position the headrest extends above the shell approx. 2.5 inches higher than the Marathon for taller children. Will be offered in 6 fabrics phased-in. Initial production begins in May.

New Bodyguard booster 40 to 100 lbs.

Evolved from Britax-Roemer "Kid" booster plus new features for the USA: Built-in lock-offs in base with mating surface design links the booster to the vehicle via the seat belts to eliminate crash inertia loading concerns; optional pre-wired headphones with jack in base storage compartment; width adjustable approx. 1 inch wider than Starriser; certain fabrics will include mesh for visibility ports through headrest . Max. height base to top of headrest is 30 inches. 11 height adjustment positions. Belt loop guides can be opened and locked closed to avoid shoulder belt coming out. Shoulder belt slides freely through guide. Backrest has fold-out angle support to provide slight reclined position. Extra comfort foam in base. Perma-book instructions in base. Will be offered in 7 fabrics phased-in beginning with new Denim, Fiesta, and a new gray Windowpane. Wt. less than 13 lbs. MSRP $109 to 129 depending on fabric. Initial production begins in May.

New Fabrics

New Roundabout fabrics Popsicle, Elephants.

New Marathon fabrics: Faux Paws, Foofy, New Denim, Freedom, Mauv-e-lous.

Popsicle cover is soft pink sides with multi-color soft pastel squares inside (poly-cotton); Faux Paws is Fido pattern in sandstone color (microfiber); Foofy is small pink flowers on sides with a ruffle and new denim inside (poly-cotton); Freedom is Stars and Stripes red/white/blue (poly-cotton) on a white shell with navy harness; Mauvelous is soft mauve color (crushed velour); Fiesta is medium size panels of bright blue, red, yellow (poly-cotton). Others are not easy to describe. Pictures with new fabrics will be on the website phased-in.

Other comments on upcoming products:

Based on latest data, the Bodyguard should accommodate children up to 100 lbs. and 60 inches tall. The Starriser-Comfy had been conservatively rated for up to 53 inches at 80 lbs. Overall the bodyguard is only 1 inch taller than the Starriser-Comfy. The ratings anomaly is due to changes in anthropomorphic data over the years, e.g. children become heavier more quickly, plus the belt guide is higher on the Bodyguard.

I hope that answers some of the questions that have been posted. If I receive any more information, I will post it as soon as possible. Until then, all I know is what is printed above.

ADS

Tamie

Senior Community Member
Yes, Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus, and his name is Darren! :D

Thank you SO much for posting this. My curiosity is satisfied at least for the moment now.

Looking forward to the updated Britax site ... and wishing I could be at JPMA. At least you're going to D-World instead!

Tamie

bazanna

Senior Community Member
CLAPPING

yay!!!!

thanks for the info....i was hoping for a wizard last fall for dd as i have the advantage and love it....since i ordered that husky for her she won't be needing it now but WOW i am surprised at all the changes between marathon vs wizard...i thought it would just be the same plus the moveable strap height instead of slots like the roundabout vs advantage......

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC