I get to buy a new van :)

libranbutterfly

Maybe brand new. I am very excited. This ALMOST makes up for being stuck on te side of the INTERSTATE for 2 hours monday night. Almost. ....

Anyways, we want a Toyota Sienna. If we get used, what years are the big changes as far as CPS? Anything else that I should consider. I am hoping this vehicle will last me a while (I have had over 10 vehicles since Kamille was born :eek: ) So I am trying to look to the future as much as possible. :cool:

So, let me know what you love or hate about your sienna, or try to talk me into something else. I am DONE with dodge.

ADS

emandbri

2004 is when the sienna got the new body style which includes 4 latch for the 7 seater and 5 for the 8 seater, before that I think there were only 2 latch spots one in middle row and one in the back. It is also when they added the fold down back seat which is so very cool!

hsjwmom

I love my Sienna but there is one thing I HATE. There isn't a tether on the driver's side 3rd row seat. I'd love a set of LATCH anchors there, but it's the lack of TT that ticks me off.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Hi, I'm going to move this to the Car Safety forum where you'll likely get more input and also benefit others who might be pondering a new van purchase. :)

My main beef right now with our '05 Sienna, not that I have many other than the lack of a tether anchor for the third row driver's side, is the spacing of the third row center's lower LATCH anchors. Those lower anchors are slightly offset, with the lower anchor on the driver's side positioned closer to the driver's side of the van than both the center's seatbelt buckle stalk, and the driver's side seatbelt buckle stalk. This offset is not compatible with LATCHing a rigid LATCH or flexible LATCH belt positioning booster seat in the third row center because of the overlap of the driver's side lower anchor and the seatbelt buckle stalk. :thumbsdown:

libranbutterfly

Thanks everyone. How does the eight passenger do? Is it possible to do 3 across in the middle row? I have lots of nieces and nephews and plan to babysitting sometimes.

Jeanum

Staff member
3-across is quite workable in the second row in the 8-passenger version. The Successful 3 across thread has several Sienna entries for combinations that are workable in the second and third rows. :thumbsup:

libranbutterfly

What happened?

My current van threw a rod. :( No fun. Hubby was out of town, and my best friend had gotten a ride to class to avoid a parking ticket (parking tags at the university are over $200 per semester), so I was stranded on the side of the interstate, and she was stranded on campus. Luckily the kids were with DH.

Maedze

My current van threw a rod. :( No fun. Hubby was out of town, and my best friend had gotten a ride to class to avoid a parking ticket (parking tags at the university are over $200 per semester), so I was stranded on the side of the interstate, and she was stranded on campus. Luckily the kids were with DH.

Dang. No Triple A?

SavsMom

Vehicle Stability Control (vsc) and Traction Control became standard on all Sienna models in 2008 - previous models it was a package option. It actually does provide a good benefit to accident prevention in a vehicle...just a side note.

Jeanum

Staff member
Good point about the ESC and traction control. On a related note, side curtain airbags for all three rows, and side torso airbags for the front seats became standard equipment in the Sienna for the 2006 model year. Side curtain and the front seat side torso airbags were optional in the 2004-2005 model years, and were not available prior to the 2004 model year.

allenhaus

The '04s and '05s had a potentially big a/c problem (exploding compressor) with a huge price tag, so be careful. The '08s and past have timing chains, which is pretty nice. If I was looking again (and I might be), I'd buy a 2008 or later model.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC