Does this look okay?

Aaron'smommy

Thanks to the AWESOME help of Lovinwaves (who talked me through installing on the phone today, yay!) I am sending pictures of my new Honda Odyssey with our new Britax Marathon installed. I wonder, does this install look okay?

We were supposed to get blue, but when it arrived at the dealer's, we didn't like it, so silver it was:
339086905_52ea6371f6.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/166/339086907_5348feee67.jpg

Installed Marathon:
339086909_224cbd864c.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/146/339086910_038407d7e6.jpg

Tether (weird spot, thanks to Lovinwaves for this tip!):
339086912_62eb4422e3.jpg

Gotta make a new post, too many pictures...

ADS

Aaron'smommy

Also, I took a picture of the back of the carseat next here. Lovinwaves said the whole seat needs to be touching the Honda's seat, but this little arch here just can't get down onto the seat, is that okay or do I need to do something different?
339086914_dd9140d1e3.jpg

Thanks for any suggestions/ tips anyone can give! Happy New Year y'all! :)

Wendy

stayinhomewithmy6

Senior Community Member
I think it looks great - nice recline angle and everything! Is that just the extra tether strap wrapped around the black bars on both sides? Its great that Lovinwaves helped you out like that. It looks like you both did a good job! :)

Aaron'smommy

I think it looks great - nice recline angle and everything! Is that just the extra tether strap wrapped around the black bars on both sides? Its great that Lovinwaves helped you out like that. It looks like you both did a good job! :)

Yes, it's the LATCH strap on the black bars, is that ok? Oh my gosh, I am SOOOO grateful that she helped me like that. I was scared to install my seat and she really talked me through it like a champ!

becca011906

Senior Community Member
Is it tethered to the seat belt that is on the seat??? Does the seat move? Is that ok?? I'm wondering for my self i can't find a rfing tether point my our car if i could attach there it would work but i didn't think it was ok, because of the seat moving...

Aaron'smommy

The tether is attached to this center console thing that has a plastic casing around metal which is attached to the floor. Do you have an Odyssey? The seatbelt is attached to the seat so I couldn't have done it there, I never would have figured out this covert spot without help...

lovinwaves

Oh Wendy, it looks like you did an INCREDIBLE job!!! I still can't believe you did ALL of that while on the phone with me. LOL :)

I had told you on the phone that WendyTThomas had originally helped me with my first time installing my rear-facing Britax so I wanted to give her the recognition for finding such a great rear-facing tether spot!! Here is the original thread. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=7267&highlight=tether+odyssey

Hopefully you will be able to see a certified Tech in your area soon. I think the seat is installed just fine until then. You said you and your husband shook it and it did not move more than an inch.

Also I like how you wrapped the extra slack around the bar, that has always been my pet-peeve (having loose slack hanging out there) LOL!!

Oh, and you are very welcome!! It was so nice to help you, now if I can just become Certified Tech soon!!! LOL

Tara

Looks good to me :)

That little arch area on the base is just to accomodate humps in vehicle seats. You know, how some bench seats have the little hump in the middle ?? It's just to help install in some of those situations. You're 'good' there ;)

RubysGirl

terrible, terrible, terrible. The cover is all wrong. It clashes with your car. You need to send it to me.

Okay, I'm just jealous. I love it. Beautiful new car, and the seat looks nice and tight from here.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC