Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums
Forums Home | Mobile Site | Search | Carseat Blog | Carseat Basics | FAQ | Store | Support Us and Shop Amazon

Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Contact Us to Sponsor a Top Banner Ad!  

Visitors are welcome to post a question anonymously, without registration. Please see announcement for more details.

Go Back   Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums > Safety Questions and Topics > CAR SEATS - General Child Safety Seat Questions, Help and Advice > Child Safety Seat Installation, Compatibility and Technical Questions

Notices

Child Safety Seat Installation, Compatibility and Technical Questions Discuss Proper Use of Infant, Convertible, Combination and Booster Seats, Automobile Compatibility, Three Across and Install Problems.

Old 06-24-2009, 01:34 PM   #1
ctbcleveland
CPS Technician

ctbcleveland is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!ctbcleveland is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!ctbcleveland is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!ctbcleveland is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!ctbcleveland is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!ctbcleveland is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!
Honda Odyssey "Plus One" (2005-2010 Odyssey model years) Successful Installation Thread

Can we start a thread to discuss what seats people have been able to succesfully install using this seat?

I know that it is tricky - but it is really nice to not put a seat in the third row. For my family, we will be trying either a RF radian in this seating position or a safeseat base. I will report back after we attempt our install.

#ADS
Car-Seat.Org
Please Support Our Sponsors!

Car-Seat.Org is online  

RECARO Child Safety – Child restraints inspired by decades of safety in racing seat technology.

Visitors are welcome to post a question anonymously, without registration. Please see announcement for more details.

Old 06-24-2009, 01:35 PM   #2
djma
CPS Technician

djma has disabled reputation
Re: Honda Odyssey "Plus One" Successful Installation Thread

I will be watching this thread. At first glance at that little seat, we didn't think it was possible. We have our's removed for now - but with a new little one coming, it would be great if we needed to put a seat there.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:37 PM   #3
Judi
CPST/Firefighter

Judi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org Expert

I fit a snugride there, with a Nautilus on both sides. Actually had Summits on both sides, before the Nautilus.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:50 PM   #4
ctbcleveland
CPS Technician

ctbcleveland is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!ctbcleveland is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!ctbcleveland is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!ctbcleveland is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!ctbcleveland is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!ctbcleveland is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judi View Post
I fit a snugride there, with a Nautilus on both sides. Actually had Summits on both sides, before the Nautilus.
Judi - did you use a base with the SR?
ctbcleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 03:37 PM   #5
Judi
CPST/Firefighter

Judi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org Expert

Yes.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:38 PM   #6
tanyaandallie
CPS Technician

tanyaandallie is almost a CPS know-it-alltanyaandallie is almost a CPS know-it-alltanyaandallie is almost a CPS know-it-alltanyaandallie is almost a CPS know-it-all

I've also done a snugride on the Plus One. No one actually rode in it, I was trying it out for a friend.

The SR was not an easy install there but I did make is work and was able to get it nice and tight. I had a MA on each side and also a FR and a MA on either side.

Allie 6/6/03 - Monterey and Parkway
Levi 4/3/05 - Probooster and Turbobooster
tanyaandallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:42 PM   #7
Judi
CPST/Firefighter

I had no issues. It took me maybe 7 minutes to install all seats.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:12 PM   #8
ketchupqueen
CPST and ketchup snob

ketchupqueen is a Car-Seat.Org Expertketchupqueen is a Car-Seat.Org Expertketchupqueen is a Car-Seat.Org Expertketchupqueen is a Car-Seat.Org Expertketchupqueen is a Car-Seat.Org Expertketchupqueen is a Car-Seat.Org Expertketchupqueen is a Car-Seat.Org Expertketchupqueen is a Car-Seat.Org Expertketchupqueen is a Car-Seat.Org Expertketchupqueen is a Car-Seat.Org Expertketchupqueen is a Car-Seat.Org Expert

If a SR fits then slimmer infant seats should fit too, huh? Like maybe the Baby Trend?
ketchupqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:14 PM   #9
Judi
CPST/Firefighter

Yeah, a Baby Trend was what I was going to put there, because I here of issues, but had to problem with the SR she already owned.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:12 PM   #10
Unregistered

whats the Plus 1, and how is it an issue with the honda odyysey?
Old 06-25-2009, 06:45 PM   #11
Jeanum
Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus

Jeanum is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireJeanum is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireJeanum is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireJeanum is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireJeanum is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireJeanum is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireJeanum is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireJeanum is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireJeanum is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireJeanum is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireJeanum is a CPS Guru Extraordinaire

The "Plus One" is the second row center vehicle seat available in some versions of the 2005 and newer Honda Odyssey. It's narrower than the second row captain's chairs and it has a comparatively lower seatback, probably to make it easier to stow by design. It also lacks LATCH (it has no lower LATCH anchors nor a top tether anchor), making it more of a carseat compatibility and installation challenge.

DD1 Age 12, 65" 5 steps
DD2 Age 9, 55" Britax Parkway SGL

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar
Jeanum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:43 PM   #12
SGTex

SGTex has disabled reputation

I have installed both a Radian 65 and a Roundabout in that seat both FF and RF. Let me see if I can remember what seats I had next to them... I *think* I've done these combo's, I was forever trying to figure out a better seating combo for my babysitting kids, so I was always trying different seats.

Drivers side Outboard, Plus 1, Passenger Side Outboard
RF Radian, RF Roundabout, Regent
Frontier, RF Roundabout, Regent
Frontier, RF Radian, Regent

ETA: I'm pretty sure I've tried the Radian RF btw 2 Regents too.

I know I've tried some of those combo's FF, but I can't remember exactly which seats next to them.

~ Sarah ~ CPS Advocate & Mom to:

~ Mikey ~ 8 ~ 56lbs & 54" ~ Monterey/Vivo ~
~ Julia ~ 6 ~ 48lbs & 49" ~ Regent/Frontier/Vivo ~
SGTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:00 PM   #13
lovinwaves
CPS Advocate

lovinwaves is a Car-Seat.org Leaderlovinwaves is a Car-Seat.org Leaderlovinwaves is a Car-Seat.org Leaderlovinwaves is a Car-Seat.org Leaderlovinwaves is a Car-Seat.org Leaderlovinwaves is a Car-Seat.org Leaderlovinwaves is a Car-Seat.org Leaderlovinwaves is a Car-Seat.org Leaderlovinwaves is a Car-Seat.org Leaderlovinwaves is a Car-Seat.org Leaderlovinwaves is a Car-Seat.org Leader

It would be helpful to type out the car seat's name that you are using, so it will be more easily searchable for people.
And a new baby on the way
lovinwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:41 AM   #14
ctbcleveland
CPS Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinwaves View Post
It would be helpful to type out the car seat's name that you are using, so it will be more easily searchable for people.
You mean as opposed to using the acronyms?
ctbcleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:40 PM   #15
Karen
CPS Technician

Karen is a novice Car-Seat.Org journalist

Great thread! Does anyone know if you could retrofit a tether anchor there?
Old 06-26-2009, 03:43 PM   #16
bubbaray
CPS Fanatic

bubbaray is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!bubbaray is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!bubbaray is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!bubbaray is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!bubbaray is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!bubbaray is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!

At least in Canada (where TT use is mandatory), Honda will NOT retrofit TT anchors in 2005 and newer Odys. I suppose you might be able to TT to the 3rd row seatbelt, though I'm foggy on when that is and is not allowed (here at least)....

HTH

DD#1, April 2004, FFg in a Pink Harmony Literider & Onyx Parkway SG
DD#2, January 2007, FFg in a Pink Monterey & Purple with Pink Hearts HBTB

Riding in my 2010 Toyota RAV4 and DH's 2011 Ford 150 Crew Cab
bubbaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:48 PM   #17
Karen
CPS Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaray View Post
At least in Canada (where TT use is mandatory), Honda will NOT retrofit TT anchors in 2005 and newer Odys. I suppose you might be able to TT to the 3rd row seatbelt, though I'm foggy on when that is and is not allowed (here at least)....

HTH
And that means I don't have use of that seat. I guess I am just over concerned that I am going to need to use all 8 seats at some point.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:57 PM   #18
bubbaray
CPS Fanatic

bubbaray is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!bubbaray is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!bubbaray is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!bubbaray is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!bubbaray is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!bubbaray is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!

Well, from your siggy, you have 2 RFg children -- you could put either of them in that seat, at least on a temporary basis.

If you regularly needed 3 seats in both rows, personally, the Ody wouldn't be my top choice, I'd go with a Sienna.

JMHO.

DD#1, April 2004, FFg in a Pink Harmony Literider & Onyx Parkway SG
DD#2, January 2007, FFg in a Pink Monterey & Purple with Pink Hearts HBTB

Riding in my 2010 Toyota RAV4 and DH's 2011 Ford 150 Crew Cab
bubbaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 04:08 PM   #19
Karen
CPS Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaray View Post
Well, from your siggy, you have 2 RFg children -- you could put either of them in that seat, at least on a temporary basis.

If you regularly needed 3 seats in both rows, personally, the Ody wouldn't be my top choice, I'd go with a Sienna.

JMHO.
My issue is (as lame as this sounds) that the 8 passenger Sienna is only available on the bare bones model. I looked into adding all of the extra stuff aftermarket, but then I get no money back out of it in trade. When I get a van, I am going to get a top of the line model. If there was an 8 passenger Limited, I'd get it. But you are correct, I only have two kids and don't have any planned for a few years. It is more about using it for the long term that I worry about (obviously irrationally.)
Old 07-09-2009, 08:27 PM   #20
Unregistered

I have a question to anyone who might own a honda odyssey minivan with the plus one feature seat. I have a 2008 se odyssey that we recntly purchased unfortunately it didn't come with the extra seat. I desperately need to have another seat available in my minivan as I'm due in October. My question is do I need to have this plus one seat installed at the factory or can I buy it after market like ebay? Also any seat belt info would be helpful like wheres the male part of the belt on the roof?
Thanks

Tags
honda, jump seat, odyssey, plus one

Support our Forums at Car-Seat.Org!