New Marathon coming to Canada!!! YEAH

ADS

Shanora

I too YAY the rf to 35 pounds, but WHY would they drop the FF weight to 50 pounds from the 65pounds??

I'm not about to spend $350 on a seat when I can spend $150 on a seat that will give me MORE time FF. (and it gives me the RF to 35#)

mommycat

I too YAY the rf to 35 pounds, but WHY would they drop the FF weight to 50 pounds from the 65pounds??
I didn't notice that - I have a feeling that this is the Roundabout50 and not the MA, despite the title? :confused: Or maybe they cross-edited the MA CS with the RA50? strange

Compare to TJ's RA50 page: http://www.tjskids.com/britax-roundabout-convertible-seat-onyx-p-4119.html

I certainly hope it's a typo!!!

On a related not, bpp.com lists that the Advocates have indeed arrived!
http://www.babyproofingplus.com/item12428.htm

April

I installed an Advocate yesterday. They're nice. Apparently they're in store at Baby's World in Coquitlam, BC.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I don't think I'd take Babyproofingplus' web site as gospel on the 35 pounds. My guess is that it came from a cut and paste of U.S. specs. They are one of the web sites that always used to have the Britax seats listed as 35 pounds RF when they only went to 30 pounds (I believe they have since corrected though).

I did think it was cool that they listed the Chaperone as coming soon. But, I won't get my hopes up on that as they also had the Companion for pre-order a couple years ago and it never ended up coming to Canada at all.

momto2princes

Ok so I just called Britax and it is only going to be to 30lbs. This is completely frustrating. I am getting annoyed with Britax now. I LOVE their seats because they are a dream to install and because my kids LOVE them but they are becoming extremely pricey and not competitive when it comes to the RF limits.

I now have a chip on my shoulder that makes me want to look at what else is out there and get rid of the Britax. Is that bad?

April

Sparkyd I installed it rfing in an 02 Explorer. Its hard to say about the leg room because the LO was a teeny 18lb 14 month old. It didn't appear to offer any more leg room than the MA though from what I could tell. Let me tell you, that cover was SUPER plush and thick though!

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I now have a chip on my shoulder that makes me want to look at what else is out there and get rid of the Britax. Is that bad?

All I can say is that I understand where you're coming from. Speaking personally, I have been known to boycott things/brands due to having problems with a company, but it really depends on the degree of issues I have, how upset I am, and how well what I currently have is working for me. I can't tell you what to do about your own MA situation. I finally got rid of mine last summer after it sitting in storage for a number of months. Truth be told, I miss the cover more than the seat. :eek:

Last edited:

April

Sparkyd I installed it rfing in an 02 Explorer. Its hard to say about the leg room because the LO was a teeny 18lb 14 month old. It didn't appear to offer any more leg room than the MA though from what I could tell. Let me tell you, that cover was SUPER plush and thick though!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC