Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums
Forums Home | Mobile Site | Search | Carseat Blog | Carseat Basics | FAQ | Store | Support Us and Shop Amazon

Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Contact Us to Sponsor a Top Banner Ad!  

Visitors are welcome to post a question anonymously, without registration. Please see announcement for more details.

Go Back   Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums > Community > Carseat Chat

Notices

Carseat Chat Introductions and Miscellaneous Child Passenger Safety Topics and Chat. Discuss Ratings, Laws, News, Etc. No Off-topic Discussions!

Carseat Chat is sponsored by Kids-N-Cribs.com

Old 04-17-2009, 07:58 PM   #1
Brendan's Mom
Carseat Crazy

Brendan's Mom is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice AuthorBrendan's Mom is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Author
Here is the new Graco seat!!

All info has been pulled. Sorry!

Last edited by Brendan's Mom; 04-20-2009 at 08:55 AM.

#ADS
Car-Seat.Org
Please Support Our Sponsors!

Car-Seat.Org is online  

RECARO Child Safety – Child restraints inspired by decades of safety in racing seat technology.

Visitors are welcome to post a question anonymously, without registration. Please see announcement for more details.

Old 04-17-2009, 08:00 PM   #2
capeKO71
CPS Technician

capeKO71 is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice AuthorcapeKO71 is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice AuthorcapeKO71 is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Author
Re: Here is the new Graco seat!!

WOW!!!

It's off! Yipee!
capeKO71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:01 PM   #3
carseatcoach
Carseat Crankypants

carseatcoach is a Car-Seat.Org Expertcarseatcoach is a Car-Seat.Org Expertcarseatcoach is a Car-Seat.Org Expertcarseatcoach is a Car-Seat.Org Expertcarseatcoach is a Car-Seat.Org Expertcarseatcoach is a Car-Seat.Org Expertcarseatcoach is a Car-Seat.Org Expertcarseatcoach is a Car-Seat.Org Expertcarseatcoach is a Car-Seat.Org Expertcarseatcoach is a Car-Seat.Org Expertcarseatcoach is a Car-Seat.Org Expert

Thanks -- just out of curiosity (and I apologize if I should know this!), how did you get the seat?

Posted from my toaster using a PopTart
carseatcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:01 PM   #4
capeKO71
CPS Technician

capeKO71 is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice AuthorcapeKO71 is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice AuthorcapeKO71 is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Author

the coolest thing about this seat is that I bet we'll actually start to see them at seat checks... because of the cup holders! lol. People love cup holders... and when they compare this, to an AOE, they will go this direction!

It's off! Yipee!
Old 04-17-2009, 08:04 PM   #5
Maedze
CPS Advocate

Maedze is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMaedze is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMaedze is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMaedze is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMaedze is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMaedze is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMaedze is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMaedze is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMaedze is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMaedze is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMaedze is a Car-Seat.org Leader

Gak, the first one's blurry and the second one I can't open!!!!

I must see! I must peer and examine!

Let's hear details? What's the rule on rearfacing, one inch of shell or to the tops of the ears? I don't see an ARB. Anything about rearfacing tethering or a foot prop? What's the install like??? OMG I'm drooling here!
Maedze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:04 PM   #6
snack
Carseat Crazy

snack is a novice Car-Seat.Org journalist

I can't see the pic
snack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:05 PM   #7
lovinwaves
CPS Advocate

lovinwaves is a Car-Seat.org Leaderlovinwaves is a Car-Seat.org Leaderlovinwaves is a Car-Seat.org Leaderlovinwaves is a Car-Seat.org Leaderlovinwaves is a Car-Seat.org Leaderlovinwaves is a Car-Seat.org Leaderlovinwaves is a Car-Seat.org Leaderlovinwaves is a Car-Seat.org Leaderlovinwaves is a Car-Seat.org Leaderlovinwaves is a Car-Seat.org Leaderlovinwaves is a Car-Seat.org Leader

where are the pictures??
And a new baby on the way
lovinwaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:05 PM   #8
zeo2ski
CPS Fanatic

zeo2ski is almost a CPS know-it-allzeo2ski is almost a CPS know-it-allzeo2ski is almost a CPS know-it-all

Please please please can you measure the shell height for me???
H-- 2.5 RF RNXT;M--7mos CCOA--1 mos KF30 and R 1.5 RXT
zeo2ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:05 PM   #9
Evolily
Senior Community Member

Evolily is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Evolily is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Evolily is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Evolily is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Evolily is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Evolily is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!

How on earth did you get it this soon?

In the other thread it said that they had a removable headrest- I'm guessing (from the picture) they mean that pillow? Interesting. Too bad the shell is short- but it should help with those 2 y/o who hit 35 lbs but still have shorter torsos. And it will hopefully prompt other manufactures to raise the RF weight limit.
Riding in booster mode GNs, Literiders, and RSTVs
Evolily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:05 PM   #10
BeckC
CPS Technician

BeckC IS a CPS Know-It-All!BeckC IS a CPS Know-It-All!BeckC IS a CPS Know-It-All!BeckC IS a CPS Know-It-All!BeckC IS a CPS Know-It-All!BeckC IS a CPS Know-It-All!BeckC IS a CPS Know-It-All!

I don't see anything either!

Approved to adopt Baby 2 and waiting for a match!
BeckC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:05 PM   #11
Blondie87
CPS Technician

Blondie87 is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice AuthorBlondie87 is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice AuthorBlondie87 is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Author

The shell doesn't look very tall...
Old 04-17-2009, 08:06 PM   #12
Brendan's Mom
Carseat Crazy

Brendan's Mom is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice AuthorBrendan's Mom is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Author

Tasha, mom to Brendan, Colin and Brynn
Brendan, 1/04, 68lbs monterey
Colin, 8/07, 42lbs regent or radian
Brynn, 11/08, 32lbs rearfacing in marathon

Last edited by Brendan's Mom; 04-20-2009 at 08:56 AM.
Brendan's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:06 PM   #13
zeo2ski
CPS Fanatic

zeo2ski is almost a CPS know-it-allzeo2ski is almost a CPS know-it-allzeo2ski is almost a CPS know-it-all

Well I'm sure Brendan's mom will be answering soon, but when I called Graco today she said it would be the 1" rule.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:07 PM   #14
*Spoiledinmyhouseofblue*
CPS Fanatic

*Spoiledinmyhouseofblue* is earning a good CPS reputation:-)

I don't see anything!

How do you get to get these seats so soon? That is awseome!

I see pics now! Thank you!

I think I am disapointed :-( Oh well maybe it will help the younger kids that are heavier, but not so tall. :-)
*Spoiledinmyhouseofblue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:08 PM   #15
zeo2ski
CPS Fanatic

LMAO that it's gray.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:08 PM   #16
Pixels
CPS Technician

Pixels is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertPixels is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertPixels is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertPixels is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertPixels is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertPixels is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertPixels is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertPixels is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertPixels is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertPixels is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertPixels is a Car-Seat.Org Expert

I can't see the pics in the first post! Only in the comparison to Marathon. Please, must have pics!
Old 04-17-2009, 08:09 PM   #17
capeKO71
CPS Technician

I can see some good layering with radians... nice thin base...

It's off! Yipee!
Old 04-17-2009, 08:10 PM   #18
Evolily
Senior Community Member

Evolily is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Evolily is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Evolily is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Evolily is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Evolily is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Evolily is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!

You know what- it looks like they based it off of the SS2/Cozycline. The shell looks maybe an inch shorter than the marathon? Maybe the seat is more contoured so it'll fit kids longer... hmmm....

Now we NEED a 40 lb Radian and True Fit .
Riding in booster mode GNs, Literiders, and RSTVs
Evolily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:11 PM   #19
theshapeshifter

theshapeshifter is earning a good CPS reputation:-)

Exciting! I'll look forward to photos with munchkins in it. My knee-jerk reaction, seeing it next to the MA, is that it might not be tall enough to last my oversized DS through the 35-40lb range (although I doubt it'll come to Canada soon enough anyhow, so probably moot), but you never really know from just an uninstalled, unoccupied photo.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:11 PM   #20
BeckC
CPS Technician

BeckC IS a CPS Know-It-All!BeckC IS a CPS Know-It-All!BeckC IS a CPS Know-It-All!BeckC IS a CPS Know-It-All!BeckC IS a CPS Know-It-All!BeckC IS a CPS Know-It-All!BeckC IS a CPS Know-It-All!

Yea all I can see is the comparison to the MA. I'd like to see the other pictures.

ETA: I'm dissapointed in the shell height. Very disappointed. But I hope that it spurs on the other manufacturers to test their seats to 40 lbs (Learning Curve and Sunshine Kids I'm talking to you) or come up with new designs, like how everyone came out with 35 lb limit seats after Britax got to 33.

Approved to adopt Baby 2 and waiting for a match!

Support our Forums at Car-Seat.Org!