Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums
Forums Home | Mobile Site | Search | Carseat Blog | Carseat Basics | FAQ | Store | Support Us and Shop Amazon

Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Contact Us to Sponsor a Top Banner Ad!  

Visitors are welcome to post a question anonymously, without registration. Please see announcement for more details.

Go Back   Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums > Shopping > Car-Seat.org Sponsors > CarSeat.se

Notices

CarSeat.se Shop online for the 55 lbs. rear facing Swedish car seats. Fast global shipping and staff which can answer any questions.

Old 04-16-2009, 05:18 PM   #1
Adventuredad
Senior Community Member

Adventuredad is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Adventuredad is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Adventuredad is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Adventuredad is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Adventuredad is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Adventuredad is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!
CarSeat.se now online with Swedish rear facing seats

CarSeat.se is a site dedicated to extended rear facing and informing parents about keeping kids safer in cars. There is already lots of information up and more is being added daily.

There is an online store where parents can easily shop for Swedish car seats and pay directly with credit cards (Visa/MC). Premium global shipping is used to most countries around the world with delivery time of 2-7 days. All kinds of rear facing or car seat related questions are also answered by staff.

We're carrying most rear facing Swedish seats like Britax Multi Tech, Hi-Way and Two-Way, Maxi-Cosi Mobi, Brio Zento, BeSafe Izikid, and Izikid Isofix.

CarSeat.se is a company run by me, Håkan Svensson, who most of you on this forum know as "Adventuredad". I have some companies behind me who are dedicated to safety and will be supporting me in informing more parents about rear facing and car seat safety in general.

Stay safe!

Last edited by Adventuredad; 04-16-2009 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:20 AM   #2
joolsplus3
Admin - CPS Technician

joolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinaire
Re: CarSeat.se now online with Swedish rear facing seats

Ooooh, Izikid Isofix...tempting...

Nice site, by the way!
Old 04-17-2009, 01:14 PM   #3
Adventuredad
Senior Community Member

Adventuredad is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Adventuredad is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Adventuredad is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Adventuredad is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Adventuredad is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Adventuredad is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!

Thanks Jools,

Isofix is great but still so expensive.... The BeSafe Izikid Isofix is a great seat. They've done a nice job with it. Construction of support leg can be improved, to be more like Britax, but that's about it.

Still missing lots of informational content on the site but it will be coming online in the next couple of weeks.
Adventuredad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:26 PM   #4
Nisha
CPS Technician

Nisha is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice AuthorNisha is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Author

It looks great! Nice, clean and professional with great information!
Carter 12/2012 RF in Dragonfly Foonf & Baby Surprise 10/14

Nisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:30 PM   #5
bubbaray
CPS Fanatic

bubbaray is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!bubbaray is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!bubbaray is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!bubbaray is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!bubbaray is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!bubbaray is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!

Nice site -- well done, AD!

DD#1, April 2004, FFg in a Pink Harmony Literider & Onyx Parkway SG
DD#2, January 2007, FFg in a Pink Monterey & Purple with Pink Hearts HBTB

Riding in my 2010 Toyota RAV4 and DH's 2011 Ford 150 Crew Cab
bubbaray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:48 PM   #6
TXAggieTech
CPS Technician

TXAggieTech is almost a CPS know-it-allTXAggieTech is almost a CPS know-it-allTXAggieTech is almost a CPS know-it-allTXAggieTech is almost a CPS know-it-all

Very cool!
TXAggieTech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:16 PM   #7
brightredmtn
CPS Technician

brightredmtn is almost a CPS know-it-allbrightredmtn is almost a CPS know-it-allbrightredmtn is almost a CPS know-it-all

Great job! I may be a customer in a few months.
brightredmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:22 PM   #8
brightredmtn
CPS Technician

brightredmtn is almost a CPS know-it-allbrightredmtn is almost a CPS know-it-allbrightredmtn is almost a CPS know-it-all

I just thought of something. My DH will be in London in June. Could he have a seat shipped there? I'm guessing that would significantly reduce shipping costs...
brightredmtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:51 AM   #9
April
CPS Technician

April is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!April is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!April is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!April is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!April is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!April is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!

Just got a chance to check out the site. It looks REALLY good AD! Great job. Now I want a Multi tech...drooooollll....
DS1-10 years: seatbelt DD2-7.5 years: lightrider
DS2-6.5 years: parkway DD3-2.5 years: RF RNXT
April is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:20 PM   #10
skiersnowboarder3
Senior Community Member

skiersnowboarder3 is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Authorskiersnowboarder3 is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Authorskiersnowboarder3 is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Author

What's with the man in the carseat?
Mama to Madison Joy 1/12 #2 EDD Thanksgiving
skiersnowboarder3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 05:05 PM   #11
fyrfightermomma
CPS Technician

fyrfightermomma is a Car-Seat.org Leaderfyrfightermomma is a Car-Seat.org Leaderfyrfightermomma is a Car-Seat.org Leaderfyrfightermomma is a Car-Seat.org Leaderfyrfightermomma is a Car-Seat.org Leaderfyrfightermomma is a Car-Seat.org Leaderfyrfightermomma is a Car-Seat.org Leaderfyrfightermomma is a Car-Seat.org Leader

Good job! Umm how in the world do you say your name?? It's bugging me now! LOL

E 8y 43 lbs 58" Harmony NBB
S 7y 52 lbs 54" Harmony NBB
J-4y 38 lbs Graco Headwise 70 Britax Roundabout 50
fyrfightermomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 05:57 PM   #12
TechnoGranola
Forum Ambassador

TechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org Leader

VERY cool and great work!

I'd totally order a Multi Tech if there wasn't a high likelihood of it being seized by customs.

Thus, my suggestion would be to cover your butt on your Terms and Conditions page http://shop.textalk.se/en/shopwindow...window=1213202 maybe in section 10? Say something about, "it is your responsibility to check on importation and usage laws for the country you wish to import/use the seat". I can see Canada customs seizing a seat, ditching it into a pile, the person never gets their seat and them getting mad at you and trying to get a refund. If you have this somewhere else, forgive me as I must have missed it.

Oh, and the fonts on that same page could use some work, there are inconsistencies between the different sections.

But, LOVE, LOVE the site and LOVE the info provided. And if you have friends at Canada customs that will let my seat go through, let me know and I'll be at your web site with a credit card in a second!
TechnoGranola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:28 PM   #13
Mama!
CPS Fanatic

Mama! is almost a CPS know-it-allMama! is almost a CPS know-it-allMama! is almost a CPS know-it-allMama! is almost a CPS know-it-all

Oh yeah! Great job!
Mama! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:46 PM   #14
BABYGIRLLYNDSEY
Senior Community Member

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice AuthorBABYGIRLLYNDSEY is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Author

Cool website.

DS1 21 yr, DS2 19 yr, DD1 14 yr, DD2 8 yr
BABYGIRLLYNDSEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:15 AM   #15
Adventuredad
Senior Community Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoGranola View Post
VERY cool and great work!

I'd totally order a Multi Tech if there wasn't a high likelihood of it being seized by customs.

Thus, my suggestion would be to cover your butt on your Terms and Conditions page http://shop.textalk.se/en/shopwindow...window=1213202 maybe in section 10? Say something about, "it is your responsibility to check on importation and usage laws for the country you wish to import/use the seat". I can see Canada customs seizing a seat, ditching it into a pile, the person never gets their seat and them getting mad at you and trying to get a refund. If you have this somewhere else, forgive me as I must have missed it.

Oh, and the fonts on that same page could use some work, there are inconsistencies between the different sections.

But, LOVE, LOVE the site and LOVE the info provided. And if you have friends at Canada customs that will let my seat go through, let me know and I'll be at your web site with a credit card in a second!
Thanks very much for the great feedback. I will add some more text into that section. There is no risk of seats being seized by US customs, it's perfectly legal to import a foreign car seat. There could be a cusoms fee with some bad luck but this is usually around $20 I know Canada are strict, so far I'm holding off sending seats over there.

Quote:
What's with the man in the carseat?
Picture is from a DVD by Swedish insurance company Folksam which are active in car seat research. They give out a nice 6 minute DVD about rear facing benefits and point out that rear facing is always safer regardless of age. That's why they are kidding around with an adult in a rf seat.....
Old 04-23-2009, 05:17 AM   #16
Adventuredad
Senior Community Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightredmtn View Post
I just thought of something. My DH will be in London in June. Could he have a seat shipped there? I'm guessing that would significantly reduce shipping costs...
Hi, I ship lots of sets to UK so thatt's no problem. Just let me know location (hotel etc) a littel bit in advance and I'll make sure package is there.

Last edited by Adventuredad; 04-27-2009 at 09:47 AM.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:25 PM   #17
JamRowZ
Carseat Crazy

JamRowZ has disabled reputation

Is it legal to use a Swedish seat in a US vehicle?
JamRowZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:21 PM   #18
Midwife@heart
Carseat Crazy

Midwife@heart is earning a good CPS reputation:-)

I love it and if I had a car I would be buying the Britax Multi Tech that I always wanted.

12 yr. old in a Sunshine Kids Monterey, 6 yr. old in a Graco Nautilus and occasionally in a Sunshine Kids Monterey, and a surprise IUD baby coming June of 2013
Midwife@heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:37 PM   #19
TechnoGranola
Forum Ambassador

TechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamRowZ View Post
Is it legal to use a Swedish seat in a US vehicle?
Is the vehicle located in the U.S. or in Europe? If it's in the U.S., are the owners of the Swedish seat, U.S. citizens or are they visitors to the U.S.?
TechnoGranola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 05:07 PM   #20
Adventuredad
Senior Community Member

Importing a Swedish seat to US is legal but using it there is ironically technically illegal. This seems to be a very minor issue to all the parents using the high weight 55 lbs. Swedish rear facing seats.