Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums
Forums Home | Mobile Site | Search | Carseat Blog | Carseat Basics | FAQ | Store | Support Us and Shop Amazon

Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Contact Us to Sponsor a Top Banner Ad!  

Visitors are welcome to post a question anonymously, without registration. Please see announcement for more details.

Go Back   Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums > Safety Questions and Topics > CAR SEATS - General Child Safety Seat Questions, Help and Advice

Notices

CAR SEATS - General Child Safety Seat Questions, Help and Advice Visitors, Please Use This Forum to Ask Questions. Find help on how to pick the best infant, toddler or booster seat & learn safest practice to use it correctly for your littles!

The Car Seats forum is sponsored by Clek, Inc.

Old 04-01-2009, 04:30 PM   #1
Brendan's Mom
Carseat Crazy

Brendan's Mom is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice AuthorBrendan's Mom is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Author
New Graco Item?!?

I have heard that graco has just developed a seat that rear-faces to 40lbs!! Yes, that is 40lbs rear-facing and forward facing to 65lbs! I don't have many details, but that it has passed all the crash testing and production will start very soon. I wish I could get more details, but unfortunately I couldn't get many answers. It might hit shelves as soon as July!

Tasha, mom to Brendan, Colin and Brynn
Brendan, 1/04, 68lbs monterey
Colin, 8/07, 42lbs regent or radian
Brynn, 11/08, 32lbs rearfacing in marathon

#ADS
Car-Seat.Org
Please Support Our Sponsors!

Car-Seat.Org is online  

RECARO Child Safety – Child restraints inspired by decades of safety in racing seat technology.

Visitors are welcome to post a question anonymously, without registration. Please see announcement for more details.

Old 04-01-2009, 04:34 PM   #2
BabyKaykes
CPS Fanatic

BabyKaykes is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!BabyKaykes is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!BabyKaykes is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!BabyKaykes is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!BabyKaykes is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!BabyKaykes is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!
Re: New Graco Item?!?

I dunno...somehow I just doubt it....I'm silently willing them to ditch the CS and CC and try again in the convertible department, though.

However, they DID spring the Nautilus on us, so maybe they've got some more secrets. I'm sure they very much underestimated the rapid popularity of the GN, and now that they're the only ones without a HWH convertible seat, I'm sure they've got to have SOMEthing on the drafting table.
BabyKaykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:35 PM   #3
melniemi
Senior Community Member

melniemi is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!melniemi is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!melniemi is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!melniemi is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!melniemi is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!melniemi is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!melniemi is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!

Graco has seats in Sweden that rf to like 55#s so maybe they are finally going to do something right

melniemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:36 PM   #4
SPJ&E
Senior Community Member

SPJ&E is almost a CPS know-it-allSPJ&E is almost a CPS know-it-allSPJ&E is almost a CPS know-it-allSPJ&E is almost a CPS know-it-all

I need one...but only if it's at least as tall as the MA and doesn't take up anymore room front-to-back...oh and it has to be easy to tighten.

I won't hold my breath though.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:36 PM   #5
Brendan's Mom
Carseat Crazy

Brendan's Mom is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice AuthorBrendan's Mom is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Author

Been on the drafting table for a LONG TIME! Finally off the table and a reality! Good news for them in light of new AAP position statement.

Tasha, mom to Brendan, Colin and Brynn
Brendan, 1/04, 68lbs monterey
Colin, 8/07, 42lbs regent or radian
Brynn, 11/08, 32lbs rearfacing in marathon
Brendan's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:43 PM   #6
TechnoGranola
Forum Ambassador

TechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org Leader

Where did you hear this? Is it a reliable source?
TechnoGranola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:47 PM   #7
NannyMom
CPS Technician

NannyMom IS a CPS Know-It-All!NannyMom IS a CPS Know-It-All!NannyMom IS a CPS Know-It-All!NannyMom IS a CPS Know-It-All!NannyMom IS a CPS Know-It-All!NannyMom IS a CPS Know-It-All!NannyMom IS a CPS Know-It-All!NannyMom IS a CPS Know-It-All!

I did hear awhile ago Graco would be coming out with a new HWH convertible. But all I was hoping for was 50-65 pounds FF and 35 RF. I think I'll hold off on buying Sofi's new seat maybe. Or...this would give me an excuse to buy another
Old 04-01-2009, 04:54 PM   #8
Maedze
CPS Advocate

Maedze is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMaedze is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMaedze is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMaedze is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMaedze is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMaedze is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMaedze is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMaedze is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMaedze is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMaedze is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMaedze is a Car-Seat.org Leader

If this is true, my head is going to pop off from sheer joy.
Maedze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:55 PM   #9
AtTheSouthDam
CPS Fanatic

AtTheSouthDam is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice AuthorAtTheSouthDam is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Author

Huh. Really?
My new true fit is on hold anyway, I might have to wait and see what this beast may be. DD2 could rear face until 2nd grade in something like that.
And I was never too unhappy with my comfort sport , just that is was too small and out grown so fast (but then again, I had not experienced the wonders of Britax or Recaro then)
AtTheSouthDam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:01 PM   #10
christineka
CPS Technician

christineka has disabled reputation

I want to know where this info is coming from. I'll have to consider rear-facing to age 6.
christineka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:13 PM   #11
poohbearkrazy
Senior Community Member

poohbearkrazy is a popular Car-Seat.org writer

Today is April fools guys. Don't get too excited.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:17 PM   #12
TechnoGranola
Forum Ambassador

TechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbearkrazy View Post
Today is April fools guys. Don't get too excited.
Around here people don't do April Fool's day jokes after noon and from what I can see, there isn't a time zone where it's before noon.

ETA: and I see Wikipedia tells me that in the U.S. jokes are done all day. Glad we don't have to put up with waiting for jokes all day long!
Old 04-01-2009, 05:17 PM   #13
Evolily
Senior Community Member

Evolily is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Evolily is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Evolily is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Evolily is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Evolily is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Evolily is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!

It would be awesome if they do make it, it has a tall enough shell, and a relatively reasonable pricepoint (I can't really get excited if the seat costs $400 a pop). Really awesome if they introduce some new to the american market technology like one of those boots that prevents over rotation. Only way we'll know is if they release something official, though .
Riding in booster mode GNs, Literiders, and RSTVs
Evolily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:20 PM   #14
*Spoiledinmyhouseofblue*
CPS Fanatic

*Spoiledinmyhouseofblue* is earning a good CPS reputation:-)

Oh please don't be an April fools joke. I really want a RF to 40 pound limit seat.
*Spoiledinmyhouseofblue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:21 PM   #15
mommaon112903
Senior Community Member

mommaon112903 is a Car-Seat.org recognized contributor

I know my sis will be in the market for a convertible seat for her car before this time next year, she is in love with her Snugride already...I can't wait for something official! Hopefully like others have said it will be a decent seat, at a decent price!
Old 04-01-2009, 05:22 PM   #16
poohbearkrazy
Senior Community Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoGranola View Post
Around here people don't do April Fool's day jokes after noon and from what I can see, there isn't a time zone where it's before noon.

ETA: and I see Wikipedia tells me that in the U.S. jokes are done all day. Glad we don't have to put up with waiting for jokes all day long!

Sorry I wasn't trying to be rude. I've just been pranked once already today so I was kind of skeptacle (sp?).
Old 04-01-2009, 05:24 PM   #17
TechnoGranola
Forum Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbearkrazy View Post
Sorry I wasn't trying to be rude. I've just been pranked once already today so I was kind of skeptacle (sp?).
Oh no, you weren't rude at all. I just hadn't realized that the U.S. did jokes all day long. Us Canadians quit at noon.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:27 PM   #18
poohbearkrazy
Senior Community Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoGranola View Post
Oh no, you weren't rude at all. I just hadn't realized that the U.S. did jokes all day long. Us Canadians quit at noon.
LOL yeah, unfortunately we have to deal with it all day. I like everyone else hope that this is real. How awesome would that be?
Old 04-01-2009, 05:31 PM   #19
KirasMommy
CPS Technician

KirasMommy is a novice Car-Seat.Org journalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan's Mom View Post
I have heard that graco has just developed a seat that rear-faces to 40lbs!! Yes, that is 40lbs rear-facing and forward facing to 65lbs! I don't have many details, but that it has passed all the crash testing and production will start very soon. I wish I could get more details, but unfortunately I couldn't get many answers. It might hit shelves as soon as July!
Yes!! This is TRUE! Not an April Fool's joke. I have a reliable source that told me about it at our last seat check a few months ago. I didn't share because I didn't know if it was public knowledge or not.

K - 10/17/05 - Diono Monterrey and Britax Parkway SGL
L
- 05/03/07 - Diono Monterrey and Britax Parkway SGL
J
- 06/24/10 - Britax Frontier and FF Britax Marathon
KirasMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #20
TechnoGranola
Forum Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirasMommy View Post
Yes!! This is TRUE! Not an April Fool's joke. I have a reliable source that told me about it at our last seat check a few months ago. I didn't share because I didn't know if it was public knowledge or not.
Are you just in on the joke???

Geez, I don't know how you Americans handle the joke thing all day. I'm getting stressed out reading every thread now, wondering if it's real or not!

Tags
None

Support our Forums at Car-Seat.Org!