Lady Bug Intera!!!!

super_grape

http://www.babybananza.com/Merchant...=22461bgg&Category_Code=cosco&Product_Count=4

Check out this new Intera, it's really cute!

I saw it today at Sears (Canada) and it's quite nice.
The picture makes the bug look a little freaky, IMHO but
IRL it's very cute AND it IS padded nicely, well...nicely for
a Cosco seat:p .

Oh, and for you fellow Canadians, it was marked at $229...same
as the other Interas and my Sears had the blue version on sale for $189.

Holly

ADS

bbartlettnfld

Remember that in Canada Carseats are more $$$

The MA is 350$, the Roundabout is about 299$ and the raidan is cheaper at 199$ but are they in stock...
I actually like the interra.. W/O the base it installs great in some pretty small cars..
BethAnn
CDN CPST

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I haven't seen the MA cost $350! Maybe $250...?

Anyway, that is super cute, but while the Intera is the ONLY 3-in-1 seat I like I only suggest it as a spare seat or if kiddo is following a trend of being in the lower weight & height spectrum ;) It certainly is more comfortable than the Scenera & will RF just as long, but other seats will fit kiddo longer FF in the harness & there are more dedicated boosters. Still, as a spare it's a much better 3-in-1 than any other currently on the market, IMO (just remember that the "best" seat fits the child & the vehicle & will be used correctly) :cool:

Dillipop

bbartlettnfld said:
The MA is 350$, the Roundabout is about 299$ and the raidan is cheaper at 199$ but are they in stock...
I actually like the interra.. W/O the base it installs great in some pretty small cars..
BethAnn
CDN CPST

Papooses, I think she was talking about in Canada. Prices are a lot higher for seats there, than here in the US.

Lea_Ontario

Dillipop said:
Papooses, I think she was talking about in Canada. Prices are a lot higher for seats there, than here in the US.

Most likely - we paid $349 for our Marathon last February.

Both the Intera and the Radian seem to be going for around $200 - give or take $20.

super_grape

Yes, those were Canadian prices...although the local babystore told me that
the prices on Britax seats were dropped and the MA is now $299 and the Roundabout is $249...I think he said $249.

I actually really like the Intera...it's a gret option and has higher harness slots than many of the other less expensive seats.
Like BethAnn said, it installs well....so long as you remove the base.
You all have to remember :) that we Canadians don't get that many choices up here and the prices aren't always what they should be:( .
Altho, Sears is a pretty good place to buy a seat...they have decent sales.

Things are looking up tho, Another CDN tech just told me on the Delphi board
that we now have the Apex and the Prospect as well as the Compass booster
and sears.com has the Combi travel system so YAY - more choices!!
And if we really do get the Radian and it really sells for $200...can you tell
I'm a little sceptical:rolleyes: ...then WOOOHOOO! we're finally STARTING to catch up...now if TC would just change the definition of a child and give us
the Regent already...guess that's a whole other post, lol....

smurf

And let's not forget that the Canadian $ is worth about 90 cents US...

Yes, the MA and RA are very expensive, which is why you see so few of them here. The Scenera costs $89 at Wal-Mart :eek:

I also agree that the Intera is an interesting seat, and I'll probably buy 1 or 2 if the Radian doesn't arrive here soon...

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Forgive me if I'm the last to know this, but I just installed an Intera at my check on Saturday and it was the first time I'd ever looked at the manual. It seemed like an alright seat except it has the same stupid rule as the Apex, the car must have a headrest or high seat back. I absolutely hated telling that to the single mom who brought it in b/c she told me how long she saved for it, but at least that was one more argument for me to get her to turn him back to rfing (which she did, yay).

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Jennifer, you must be right & I think I've been confusing the headrest rule with another seat that I thought needed a headrest & doesn't :confused: :eek: :(

I see now that the person I replied to earlier isn't in the US -- thanks for pointing the difference out! I admit I'm also shamefully oblivious to a lot of Canadian carseat stuff, too, other than the general 48# FF limit & other easy to remember stuff ... I just haven't taken notes on Canadian carseat stuff, but thankfully we do have at least a couple Canadian techs here to jump in when I'm clueless, LOL!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
The only seats I think the headrest rule applies to is the Intera, Cubb (so the Prospect too?), and the Apex, all Cosco brands. Nice seats for the most part, but you're going to waste $ if you don't have headrests in the car.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Must've been the Prospect/Cubb that I was confusing it with then -- because I've read that manual up & down multiple times but there is no mention of the headrest issue ... however it is outgrown when the top of the child's HEAD (not ears) is even with the edge of the seat shell :)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
IT is cute, but not really my taste. A ladybug blanket would be cute. A ladybug outfit would be cute. But a carseat? I think I would get tired of looking at it!

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
If I remember I'll try to call the manufacturer -- perhaps the 1st batch out did :confused: but the one we just bought doesn't.... Dorel is really frustrating me lately! :rolleyes: :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC