Question Need RFing Convertible for TOYOTA MATRIX

little.bigeyes

I need a good rear-facing convertible car seat for a 2003 TOYOTA MATRIX.

What is a good one??

I have a 6 month old that is getting taller by the minute....and soon she will outgrow her infant carseat and require a rear-facing convertible car seat.

Price is not really an issue. I care about fit and longevity.

I need the seat to fit well with no question. I want her to have plenty of room for her legs, and I want room for the front seat too (in other words, not having kneeds jammed up against the glove box). I prefer the seat to go in the middle of my MATRIX backseat, but if it needs to go behind the front passenger seat, then so be it.

I like the side-impact that BRITAX touts. Are there any good BRITAX options? Are there any other good options other than BRITAX?

Thanks!

ADS

firemomof3

The Britax Marathon/Boulevard are excellent seats because they are very easy to install, easy to adjust :love: and since it can installed more upright it will take up less space than your infant seat :thumbsup:
Other convertible seats that we recommend are the True Fit which provides the most leg room rf than any other seats and will last your child a long time forward facing as well :)
Also, the Evenflo Triumph Advance is great but its a very big & wide seat so it may take up a lot of the back seat.
The Recaro Signo takes up very little space front to back but has very little leg room rf but makes an excellent forward facing seat.
Is there a Babies R Us or Target where you can go and try out some of these seats in your car to see which would fit best?

I've stuck a Recaro Como RF in the middle back seat of a Corolla that's basically a cousin of your model Matrix. Leg room isn't the greatest, but then again, most kids could care less about leg room while rear facing since they're so flexible.

little.bigeyes

firemomof3: Does that mean that you know that the Britax Marathon or Blvd WILL fit in a Matrix? I have heard good things about the Truefit - I assume when you speak of leg room you're talking about my baby's leg room? Yes, I have a BRU kind of close, but it is a haul and so I wanted to investigate ahead of time. I'm assuming too that I will need to take the infant base out to test all these?

codex57: Thanks for the post. I don't know much about Recaro, but I'll have to look. Is the Recaro Como bigger/smaller than the Recaro Signo?

firemomof3

No, I've never tried any of these seats in a Matrix. That is why its best to be able to try out these seats first (and yes you'll have to take out the infant base). I have the recaro signo and it takes up very little space front to back but it sits up high on a big base so in a smaller car it can be cumbersome trying to get the child in/out. The marathon/blvd. will take up slightly less room rf than the true fit, and yes the true fit will provide the most amount of leg room for your baby.

brightredmtn

I have a Corolla and a Marathon/Blvd. fit fine. It's more comfortable to have the seat RF in the center position but if it's in the outboard the front seat just can't be so reclined (but there's plenty of leg room you just have to sit a bit upright.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC