Need help with continuous harness

firemomof3

I recommended the Avenue to a friend so she could keep her 13mo. rear facing. But she is very frustrated by the continous harness because one side is always loose. Could you give me some techniques to help her out. Thanks

ADS

Pixels

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by continuous harness. I think it's like on my BabyTrend FlexLoc, where the harness strap is one long loop and isn't permanently attached to the seat anywhere. Sometimes one side gets pulled, and then it's tight on one side and loose on the other. Before I put DD in the seat, I pull the harness straps out and check if they are even. If not, then I can pull on the side that is tighter to even it up. It usually gets uneven when we are loosening the straps to put her in. I have found that you can pull the strap down at the shoulder and it won't get uneven, but if you pull up/out in the middle of the strap, it will pull that side over instead. You want to avoid pulling at the bottom of the strap, near the child's hip. That is how it gets uneven.

firemomof3

I'm not sure if thats even what its called, but the Avenue, Uptown and True Fit all have this "issue" vs. the Britax & Recaro seats which tighten very smoothly & evenly.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC