Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums
Forums Home | Mobile Site | Search | Carseat Blog | Carseat Basics | FAQ | Store | Support Us and Shop Amazon

Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Contact Us to Sponsor a Top Banner Ad!  

Visitors are welcome to post a question anonymously, without registration. Please see announcement for more details.

Go Back   Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums > Safety Questions and Topics > CAR SEATS - General Child Safety Seat Questions, Help and Advice

Notices

CAR SEATS - General Child Safety Seat Questions, Help and Advice Visitors, Please Use This Forum to Ask Questions. Find help on how to pick the best infant, toddler or booster seat & learn safest practice to use it correctly for your littles!

The Car Seats forum is sponsored by Clek, Inc.

Old 09-17-2008, 02:29 PM   #1
cates_mom

cates_mom has disabled reputation
Need input on Britax Marathon fabric/covers

HI guys,
I am Mom to 10 month old Cate, and though she is fine in her infant seat, I know it's only a matter of time before she will be ready to move up to a convertible car seat. So, I've decided on a Britax Marathon, and since Britax is running a bit of a sale now, I'm probably going to buy soon.

I would love to hear feedback from others on all plush seats vs. plush w/nylon in the middle vs cotton....I'm so confused! I want her to be comfortable, so I was thinking all plush was the way to go. But then a few folks told me the nylon in the middle was nice b/c it was easy to clean..and possibly a little cooler in summer vs the plush. Is that true? Albee baby has the black/plum or black/teal Marathons on sale...I was considering that, but I think the middle part is that nylon..maybe that's ok? Would love to hear pros and cons of both --I need to make a decision soon! Thanks,

lori

#ADS
Car-Seat.Org
Please Support Our Sponsors!

Car-Seat.Org is online  

RECARO Child Safety – Child restraints inspired by decades of safety in racing seat technology.

Visitors are welcome to post a question anonymously, without registration. Please see announcement for more details.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:03 PM   #2
KaysKidz
Senior Community Member

KaysKidz is almost a CPS know-it-allKaysKidz is almost a CPS know-it-allKaysKidz is almost a CPS know-it-allKaysKidz is almost a CPS know-it-allKaysKidz is almost a CPS know-it-all
Re: Need input on Britax Marathon fabric/covers

I have denim, onyx and granite currently. My favorite is denim, then granite, then onyx. Even w/rear air in my Suburban, the boys will get sweaty in the onyx seats during the summer. It's definitely my least favorite in that sense. The demin just feels nice to the touch. The plush ones, are wonderful to the touch...but they do sweat in those too, although not nearly as bad as the onyx. I LOVE the look of onyx, and it is easy to clean...I just hate how they sweat in it.

Proud new 'Grammy' to Sophia 4/4/11, Kyra 12/15/11...and Elijah James 4/06/12
KaysKidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:45 PM   #3
monstah
CPS Fanatic

monstah IS a CPS Know-It-All!monstah IS a CPS Know-It-All!monstah IS a CPS Know-It-All!monstah IS a CPS Know-It-All!monstah IS a CPS Know-It-All!monstah IS a CPS Know-It-All!monstah IS a CPS Know-It-All!

I believe kids get hotter in the plush fabrics than in the ones with the "nylon" center.

I had an Onyx, and now have a Meghan BLVD. Love them both equally.

Is one more comfy than another? I don't think little guys think so.
I'd go with the one you like the most. You are going to be looking at it all the time.

For what it's worth, I love the aqua marathon and at that price, I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I needed one.
monstah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 03:53 PM   #4
cates_mom

cates_mom has disabled reputation

Thanks guys for your input...

2mykids --do you also like the marathon plum? basically a purple color running down the middle? i think the teal will clash just a bit with my car which is royal blue...so that's my dilemma. I'm also trying to figure out what the fabric is in the middle --probably similar to the onyx i'm guessing?

Or I'm thinking abt the denim, which i think would go nicely....but kayzkids --i know you say that you think that is most comfortable...how would you describe the fabric? i know it's not plush, is it more like a smooth microfiber? doesn't look that way from the pics so i'm just trying to figure it out...

the marathon/purple is a better deal --$219. But I can get the new denim on amazon with the $25 discount for $235, not much more, and worth it if that material is better....

thanks again,
cates_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:41 PM   #5
KaysKidz
Senior Community Member

KaysKidz is almost a CPS know-it-allKaysKidz is almost a CPS know-it-allKaysKidz is almost a CPS know-it-allKaysKidz is almost a CPS know-it-allKaysKidz is almost a CPS know-it-all

Quote:
Originally Posted by cates_mom View Post
Or I'm thinking abt the denim, which i think would go nicely....but kayzkids --i know you say that you think that is most comfortable...how would you describe the fabric? i know it's not plush, is it more like a smooth microfiber? doesn't look that way from the pics so i'm just trying to figure it out...
It feels like a heavy cotton. From what I'm told, the more you wash/use it, it will break it in like your favorite pair of jeans. I absolutely love my denim covers...and would kill for Britax to make a denim cover for my DCs. I'd snatch 3 up in a heart beat.

Proud new 'Grammy' to Sophia 4/4/11, Kyra 12/15/11...and Elijah James 4/06/12
KaysKidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:50 PM   #6
natysr
Senior Community Member

natysr is a Car-Seat.org Leadernatysr is a Car-Seat.org Leadernatysr is a Car-Seat.org Leadernatysr is a Car-Seat.org Leadernatysr is a Car-Seat.org Leadernatysr is a Car-Seat.org Leadernatysr is a Car-Seat.org Leadernatysr is a Car-Seat.org Leadernatysr is a Car-Seat.org Leadernatysr is a Car-Seat.org Leadernatysr is a Car-Seat.org Leader

I couldn't decide, so I have one of each. Right now the denim is on one of my Marathons and the Onyx is on the other marathon. I have a greystone sitting on top of my dryer. I love them all! I love my Marathon!

Tags
None

Support our Forums at Car-Seat.Org!