Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums
Forums Home | Mobile Site | Search | Carseat Blog | Carseat Basics | FAQ | Store | Support Us and Shop Amazon

Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Contact Us to Sponsor a Top Banner Ad!  

Visitors are welcome to post a question anonymously, without registration. Please see announcement for more details.

Go Back   Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums > Safety Questions and Topics > CAR SEATS - General Child Safety Seat Questions, Help and Advice > Child Safety Seat Installation, Compatibility and Technical Questions

Notices

Child Safety Seat Installation, Compatibility and Technical Questions Discuss Proper Use of Infant, Convertible, Combination and Booster Seats, Automobile Compatibility, Three Across and Install Problems.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:14 PM   #1
vangelder03
Carseat Crazy

vangelder03 is a Car-Seat.org recognized contributor
need to replace top tether on a regent

need to replace top tether britax sent me a new one but with no directions on how to install it

#ADS
Car-Seat.Org
Please Support Our Sponsors!

Car-Seat.Org is online  

RECARO Child Safety – Child restraints inspired by decades of safety in racing seat technology.

Visitors are welcome to post a question anonymously, without registration. Please see announcement for more details.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:22 AM   #2
kate4478
CPS Technician

kate4478 is a popular Car-Seat.org writer
Re: need to replace top tether on a regent

hmm...i'm not sure how either. when i get home maybe i can look at it and maybe take some pics. why are you having to replace it?

Kate(CPST) - Mommy to Gage(5/18/07)
FF in a Blaze Recaro Prosport & Cardinal Frontier 85 SICT

kate4478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:26 PM   #3
vangelder03
Carseat Crazy

please help my sons friend a 5yr old over 50lb will be going out with us
installed regent with seat belt and tried tether realized tether latch was broken
over 50lbs requires it received new one britax no help with instructions need it fixed by thurs or he will end up using his booster seat trying to avoid my son seeing his friends in a booster seat
vangelder03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 06:10 AM   #4
carseatcoach
Carseat Crankypants

carseatcoach is a Car-Seat.Org Expertcarseatcoach is a Car-Seat.Org Expertcarseatcoach is a Car-Seat.Org Expertcarseatcoach is a Car-Seat.Org Expertcarseatcoach is a Car-Seat.Org Expertcarseatcoach is a Car-Seat.Org Expertcarseatcoach is a Car-Seat.Org Expertcarseatcoach is a Car-Seat.Org Expertcarseatcoach is a Car-Seat.Org Expertcarseatcoach is a Car-Seat.Org Expertcarseatcoach is a Car-Seat.Org Expert

Call Britax.

Posted from my toaster using a PopTart
carseatcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:06 AM   #5
vangelder03
Carseat Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickabiddy View Post
Call Britax.
i did and they were no help at all they have nothing to send me and won't or can't tell how to do it over the phone
Old 09-09-2008, 07:44 AM   #6
Defrost
Moderator - CPST Instructor

Defrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org Expert

I think the reason you're not getting answers to this is that Britax has made so many changes to the Regent that no one can know for sure how to replace the tether on your particular seat. For example, if I go out and look at my Husky and tell you how I'd replace the tether on it, it could be completely different than what you need to do with your Regent.

If you remove the cover, you should be able to see how the current tether is attached; then just put the new tether on using the opposite steps of removing the old one.
Safely secured with seat belts - everyone, every ride!
Defrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:26 PM   #7
vangelder03
Carseat Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
I think the reason you're not getting answers to this is that Britax has made so many changes to the Regent that no one can know for sure how to replace the tether on your particular seat. For example, if I go out and look at my Husky and tell you how I'd replace the tether on it, it could be completely different than what you need to do with your Regent.

If you remove the cover, you should be able to see how the current tether is attached; then just put the new tether on using the opposite steps of removing the old one.
husband removed tether and than asked me how to install the new one so as of right now we are the proud owners of a harnessed tv chair but on the upside the kids love it
Old 09-09-2008, 10:20 PM   #8
vangelder03
Carseat Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate4478 View Post
hmm...i'm not sure how either. when i get home maybe i can look at it and maybe take some pics. why are you having to replace it?
the thing that hooks to the car kept unhooking and falling off
Old 09-10-2008, 10:08 AM   #9
kate4478
CPS Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by vangelder03 View Post
the thing that hooks to the car kept unhooking and falling off
i'm glad they sent you a new one!

Old 09-10-2008, 10:29 PM   #10
Kat_Momof3
CPS Advocate

Kat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org Leader

okay... anyone got a picture of a regent in the back? shots of how the tether is attached??

Check out my new hair blog - Ruthie-dos
Kat_Momof3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:36 AM   #11
Defrost
Moderator - CPST Instructor

Defrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org Expert

We could probably get pics from someone, but I'd prefer it if it was of a Regent with a similar manufacture date. Don't the newer ones have the rip-stitch tethers? Or is that just the Britax convertibles? I seem to recall the ones with the rip-stitch tethers are installed a bit differently.
Safely secured with seat belts - everyone, every ride!
Defrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:24 AM   #12
kate4478
CPS Technician

what is the manufacture date of your regent? i have an 06 model.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:51 PM   #13
vangelder03
Carseat Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate4478 View Post
what is the manufacture date of your regent? i have an 06 model.
01/07/08

Last edited by vangelder03; 09-12-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:18 PM   #14
Kat_Momof3
CPS Advocate

Kat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org Leader

If no one else can get pictures, I'll go make the BRU staff scratch their heads about the crazy lady pulling apart the Regent on Monday (my BRU still has it instead of the Frontier, or at least they did the last time I was there a couple months ago).

If they don't have it anymore, I'll go to USA Baby.

I just want to do this with no kids... or I'd do it sooner.

Kat_Momof3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:44 PM   #15
vangelder03
Carseat Crazy

well i have put seat in closet still so much life left til it expires so sad
Old 09-17-2008, 10:47 PM   #16
TerisBoys
Senior Community Member

TerisBoys IS a CPS Know-It-All!TerisBoys IS a CPS Know-It-All!TerisBoys IS a CPS Know-It-All!TerisBoys IS a CPS Know-It-All!TerisBoys IS a CPS Know-It-All!TerisBoys IS a CPS Know-It-All!TerisBoys IS a CPS Know-It-All!

Honestly, I'd be calling Britax again and worknig your way up the ladder. Because SOMEONE there knows how to put the tether on.

TerisBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 10:55 PM   #17
BookMama
Moderator - CPS Technician

BookMama is a Car-Seat.org LeaderBookMama is a Car-Seat.org LeaderBookMama is a Car-Seat.org LeaderBookMama is a Car-Seat.org LeaderBookMama is a Car-Seat.org LeaderBookMama is a Car-Seat.org LeaderBookMama is a Car-Seat.org LeaderBookMama is a Car-Seat.org LeaderBookMama is a Car-Seat.org LeaderBookMama is a Car-Seat.org LeaderBookMama is a Car-Seat.org Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerisBoys View Post
Honestly, I'd be calling Britax again and worknig your way up the ladder. Because SOMEONE there knows how to put the tether on.
I agree with Teri. No way would I give up until Britax provided me with instructions.

Alternatively, you might want to start a new thread and title it something like "Need to replace top tether on Jan 08 Regent - need pics" - I bet someone could help. It may be that this thread is just getting overlooked because it's a little old.
Plus a plethora of "spare" seats for everyone.
BookMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:48 AM   #18
Kat_Momof3
CPS Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookMama View Post
I agree with Teri. No way would I give up until Britax provided me with instructions.

Alternatively, you might want to start a new thread and title it something like "Need to replace top tether on Jan 08 Regent - need pics" - I bet someone could help. It may be that this thread is just getting overlooked because it's a little old.
I just still haven't had a chance to go to BRU... it's been raining and now I don't have my van... and dh's car is low on gas.

Tags
None

Support our Forums at Car-Seat.Org!