Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums
Forums Home | Mobile Site | Search | Carseat Blog | Carseat Basics | FAQ | Store | Support Us and Shop Amazon

Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Contact Us to Sponsor a Top Banner Ad!  

Visitors are welcome to post a question anonymously, without registration. Please see announcement for more details.

Go Back   Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums > Safety Questions and Topics > CAR SEATS - General Child Safety Seat Questions, Help and Advice > Child Safety Seat Installation, Compatibility and Technical Questions

Notices

Child Safety Seat Installation, Compatibility and Technical Questions Discuss Proper Use of Infant, Convertible, Combination and Booster Seats, Automobile Compatibility, Three Across and Install Problems.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:12 PM   #1
mburks26
Carseat Crazy

mburks26 has disabled reputation
Ford 250 Super Duty Latch?

If a Ford 250 Super Crew has Tethers it should be behind the seat like my 2003 Ford 150 Super Crew? I have to fold down the seat and then there are straps at the bottom. I know the year is either 2005-2007. Its a Super duty so its not required to have Latch or Tethers. My MIL are taking DD with them Labor day weekend and taking that truck so I was just wondering. They will be picking her up around 6 30 am so being prepared would be nice.

TIA

#ADS
Car-Seat.Org
Please Support Our Sponsors!

Car-Seat.Org is online  

RECARO Child Safety – Child restraints inspired by decades of safety in racing seat technology.

Visitors are welcome to post a question anonymously, without registration. Please see announcement for more details.

Old 08-23-2008, 11:12 PM   #2
kmcenery
CPS Technician

kmcenery has disabled reputation
Re: Ford 250 Super Duty Latch?

We were looking at the f450 today and we were told the f250, f350 and f450 are considered work trucks and dont come with latch. im not sure if thats what your asking but that was the info I was given today
kmcenery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:13 PM   #3
mburks26
Carseat Crazy

mburks26 has disabled reputation

I know they are not required to have Latch but I read the online manual and it says something about Latch up to 48 lbs and tether up to 60lbs with harnessed seats. So Im confused why would they put that in the Manual if they dont have Latch or tethers for that truck?

Does any one have a 2005-2007 F 250 Ford can check to see if it does have at least Tethers?
Old 08-24-2008, 12:27 PM   #4
bubbaray
CPS Fanatic

bubbaray is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!bubbaray is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!bubbaray is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!bubbaray is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!bubbaray is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!bubbaray is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!

Hmmm, not sure about the work trucks not having LATCH. We have had LATCH in a 2007 GM/Chev 2500 crew cabs and 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Heavy Duty crew cab. Both had TTs that were fabric loops on the top of the rear seatbacks. We are in Canada, so TTs are mandatory, though.

I'd be surprised if GM and Dodge had TTs and Ford didn't. But, it could be a Canadian and not a US requirement.

Maybe your MIL could get her dealer to install TTs? Not sure how that would work in a truck.

DD#1, April 2004, FFg in a Pink Harmony Literider & Onyx Parkway SG
DD#2, January 2007, FFg in a Pink Monterey & Purple with Pink Hearts HBTB

Riding in my 2010 Toyota RAV4 and DH's 2011 Ford 150 Crew Cab
bubbaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:33 PM   #5
Defrost
Moderator - CPST Instructor

Defrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org Expert

Trucks over a certain weight (aka "work trucks") are not required by law to have LATCH, but some manufacturers include it anyway.

My parents' F150 is an '05 or '06 (I forget) and has the loops at the top of the seat.
Safely secured with seat belts - everyone, every ride!

Tags
None

Support our Forums at Car-Seat.Org!