Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums
Forums Home | Mobile Site | Search | Carseat Blog | Carseat Basics | FAQ | Store | Support Us and Shop Amazon

Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Contact Us to Sponsor a Top Banner Ad!  

Visitors are welcome to post a question anonymously, without registration. Please see announcement for more details.

Go Back   Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums > Safety Questions and Topics > CAR SEATS - General Child Safety Seat Questions, Help and Advice > Child Safety Seat Installation, Compatibility and Technical Questions

Notices

Child Safety Seat Installation, Compatibility and Technical Questions Discuss Proper Use of Infant, Convertible, Combination and Booster Seats, Automobile Compatibility, Three Across and Install Problems.

Old 08-17-2008, 03:34 PM   #1
mamabear
Senior Community Member

mamabear is almost a CPS know-it-allmamabear is almost a CPS know-it-allmamabear is almost a CPS know-it-allmamabear is almost a CPS know-it-allmamabear is almost a CPS know-it-all
Question Frontier owners.... recline block question

I'm putting my newly washed cover back on, and installing the seat back in my car. I'm noticing the recline block doesn't click/or lock in the forward position ( I don't remember if it did that fresh out of the box). If I put the recline block forward, and pick the seat up it just flings downward, it won't stay forward. Is it supposed to be like that???

#ADS
Car-Seat.Org
Please Support Our Sponsors!

Car-Seat.Org is online  

RECARO Child Safety – Child restraints inspired by decades of safety in racing seat technology.

Visitors are welcome to post a question anonymously, without registration. Please see announcement for more details.

Old 08-17-2008, 03:45 PM   #2
Jeanum
Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus

Jeanum is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireJeanum is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireJeanum is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireJeanum is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireJeanum is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireJeanum is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireJeanum is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireJeanum is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireJeanum is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireJeanum is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireJeanum is a CPS Guru Extraordinaire
Re: Frontier owners.... recline block question

Going from memory when I installed DD2's Frontier, I think the recline block does swing around like you're describing rather than lock into the forward position (the position the recline block is required to be in for harnessed use). Placing the Frontier on the vehicle seat with the recline block forward is what keeps it positioned forward, if I'm remembering correctly.

DD1 Age 12, 65" 5 steps
DD2 Age 9, 55" Britax Parkway SGL

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar
Jeanum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:46 PM   #3
HEVY
Senior Community Member

HEVY is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!HEVY is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!HEVY is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!HEVY is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!HEVY is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!HEVY is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!

Your ARE remembering correctly, there are no locks.

Rachel 6/5/03 60 3/4 in 110lbs 5-stepping .
HEVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 03:48 PM   #4
Judi
CPST/Firefighter

Judi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org Expert

Yes, you are remembering correctly. I wish it would lock in place. I have had it move on me, while getting the car seat into postion.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:59 PM   #5
mamabear
Senior Community Member

mamabear is almost a CPS know-it-allmamabear is almost a CPS know-it-allmamabear is almost a CPS know-it-allmamabear is almost a CPS know-it-allmamabear is almost a CPS know-it-all

Thanks!
Well, since it does lock into the back position for booster mode I wasn't sure if it was broken or what. I wish they would note that in the manual.
mamabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 04:02 PM   #6
courtfrog2
CPS Technician

courtfrog2 is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Authorcourtfrog2 is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Author

How did you wash your cover? I'm afraid to wash mine! LOL.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:23 PM   #7
mamabear
Senior Community Member

Oh boy...before you do that you may want to read this thread.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:25 PM   #8
Judi
CPST/Firefighter

Judi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertJudi is a Car-Seat.Org Expert

I sure hope they come out with some NICE frontier covers soon!
Old 08-17-2008, 07:33 PM   #9
Gypsy
Senior Community Member

Gypsy is a Car-Seat.org LeaderGypsy is a Car-Seat.org LeaderGypsy is a Car-Seat.org LeaderGypsy is a Car-Seat.org LeaderGypsy is a Car-Seat.org LeaderGypsy is a Car-Seat.org LeaderGypsy is a Car-Seat.org LeaderGypsy is a Car-Seat.org LeaderGypsy is a Car-Seat.org Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judi View Post
I sure hope they come out with some NICE frontier covers soon!
Me too!

I'll be buying one for ds during the February sale, and I hope they have better covers by then!
Old 08-18-2008, 09:18 AM   #10
nlmom

nlmom has disabled reputation

I actually like the covers. Having had microfiber furniture for a few years now.. i'm well used to it. Easiest wy to clean is just to vaccum and then wipe down with a wet cloth. I like microfiber wash clothes for this. I also have a little bissel green machine... works dandy for this too!
nlmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 06:36 AM   #11
essnce629
Carseat Crazy

essnce629 has disabled reputation

My recline block locks in the forward position. I've been moving my Frontier from car to car several times a week and have never had the recline block move out of the forward position. I have to pull it out of position to move it and when I put it back it does snap and lock in place. Odd that others don't do this. Maybe you should call Britax.

Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
Conner 8/19/03 86lbs, 56.5" tall, boostered in a Harmony Cruz
Parker 5/23/09 40lbs, 42" tall, FF in a FR85 and a TFP
essnce629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:18 AM   #12
joolsplus3
Admin - CPS Technician

joolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlmom View Post
I actually like the covers. Having had microfiber furniture for a few years now.. i'm well used to it. Easiest wy to clean is just to vaccum and then wipe down with a wet cloth. I like microfiber wash clothes for this. I also have a little bissel green machine... works dandy for this too!
Yeah, but the many of the FR's are actually a really funky mesh stuff that washes up horribly....I'd kill for a good pink microfiber cover!
Old 08-19-2008, 04:53 PM   #13
mamabear
Senior Community Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
My recline block locks in the forward position. I've been moving my Frontier from car to car several times a week and have never had the recline block move out of the forward position. I have to pull it out of position to move it and when I put it back it does snap and lock in place. Odd that others don't do this. Maybe you should call Britax.
Hmmm...that's strange. I would think this is how it's supposed to be, it seems odd to me that it *wouldn't* lock forward, but since no one else's does (well, but yours) I guess it's normal. Just out of curiosity, why do you pull it out of position to move it? Are you changing it form booster mode to harness mode? When I move my seat I wish it would just stay forward since that's where I'm keeping it. Just trying to clarify.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:54 PM   #14
mamabear
Senior Community Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joolsplus3 View Post
Yeah, but the many of the FR's are actually a really funky mesh stuff that washes up horribly....I'd kill for a good pink microfiber cover!
me too.
BTW I called again and told them they need plush covers. Got a different CS agent and they "will be passing that along".
Old 08-19-2008, 05:02 PM   #15
Starlight
CPS Technician

Starlight is a Car-Seat.org LeaderStarlight is a Car-Seat.org LeaderStarlight is a Car-Seat.org LeaderStarlight is a Car-Seat.org LeaderStarlight is a Car-Seat.org LeaderStarlight is a Car-Seat.org LeaderStarlight is a Car-Seat.org LeaderStarlight is a Car-Seat.org LeaderStarlight is a Car-Seat.org LeaderStarlight is a Car-Seat.org Leader

The ones I've played with locked into place as well.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:03 PM   #16
mamabear
Senior Community Member

OK, off to call..........
Old 08-19-2008, 05:12 PM   #17
Judi
CPST/Firefighter

Well dang, going to have to go out to the car and play.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:14 PM   #18
mamabear
Senior Community Member

Judi
Since Britax is closed until tomorrow, will keep us posted on what you find??
Thanks!
Old 08-19-2008, 05:16 PM   #19
Judi
CPST/Firefighter

Ok, running out to the car now. BRB
Old 08-19-2008, 05:21 PM   #20
Judi
CPST/Firefighter

Loading pics now.

Tags
None

Support our Forums at Car-Seat.Org!