NEW DOM 08/05/08 Boulevard

newyearseve04

OMGosh! This new redesigned Britax Boulevard is great! The headwings are fixed according to all of you that didn't like the other headwings. They sit back tighter to the seat now...not a lot of loose wiggle room for them anymore....the headwings are also bent back so that there is more headroom for child and they can see a little better. I kinda like the old headwings for protection purpose kinda like a horse eye cover but these new ones give room for children that have larger heads. They are nice! The new double click buckle and harness is wonderful too!!!! I am going to order one for all our carseats!!! You know that it is in and it slides in smooth and no question or not whether it is in or not. I usually click my kids in then tug on the buckle and straps to make sure that it is in but with this new buckle there is no question....it feels more secure when you click it! NICE NICE NICE changes.....also they put some rubber strips on the bottom of the base and where the seat belt route is....these are nice to have. The belly pads are nicely stitched where the buckles go thru them so no fraying of belly pads. The only thing I don't like and I think has been changed for awhile is the shoulder straps are sewn on not velcroed like the older ones. I like to be able to take them off without rerouting the straps.

http://picasaweb.google.com/moniquedavalos/BabyCarriers/photo#5233691214344843506

http://picasaweb.google.com/moniquedavalos/BabyCarriers/photo#5233691226360795042

http://picasaweb.google.com/moniquedavalos/BabyCarriers/photo#5233691238685315986

Monique

Last edited:
ADS

sunnymw

One thing I noticed from the pic on the website--it looks like the new BVs no longer have vel-cro access to the harness adjuster, that it is sewn closed now. I'll see how I like it (if I ever find a dang box to ship back my BV...) but it seems like a great idea since DS1 has figured out how to open the vel-cro and it won't be long until he figures out what the Silver Button does :)

*razz*

One thing I noticed from the pic on the website--it looks like the new BVs no longer have vel-cro access to the harness adjuster, that it is sewn closed now.

It is also sewn closed on both of my Marathons (late 07 DOMs), which I was very happy about.

I am impressed with the new Boulevard design. I was never a fan of the headwings, but I like the look of the changes a lot. It will be interesting to hear what kids think about them. Thanks for sharing!

newyearseve04

Yes my adjuster strap flap on my 07 Boulevard is sewn closed too and I like it! My wizard is open and it has not been a problem with my child but if he starts to mess with the adjuster I will just sew it closed like on the Blvd

Monique

HaleyGirl

Thank you so much for sharing about the new BV. I am planning on getting my DD one during the next Britax sale and my concerns were that she would not like the headwings blocking her view and that there would be head slump issues. Your post helped me see that shouldn't be a problem with the new design. I just need to make sure I get a newer DOM now.

Also thanks for the comparison pics. I'm getting a Shannon but was concerned because on Britax's website, the pics of the BV with the new headwings make the Shannon cover look really bright purple and I was afraid that they changed it. But seeing you IRL pictures, they look exactly the same :thumbsup:

elle7715

Thank you so much for the pictures! I love that cover too. Hmm...maybe when DS outgrows the diplomat RF I'll sell that and our Marathon and get a Radian and BV. I wonder if the Diplomat will have the wings changed too, does anyone know?

elle7715

The Diplomat already has the wider wings. :thumbsup:

I do like the wider wings, but the higher the wings go up, the more it comes away from the seat. Since the foam on the old style BV looks like the Diplomat's I was wondering if they were going to switch to new foam on the Diplomat too.

NatenMaddiesMommy

Senior Community Member
How about the crotch strap? Is it longer with the new double-click harness system. I know the shortness of it was a complaint that many parents have voiced in the past.

fyrfightermomma

I'd love to see the head pushed forward comparison on the new seats. While it looks different, I'd love to actually see kiddos in each RFing and FFing. I guess I won't believe it until I see it ;)

Blondie87

I don't know if this will help at all.. but I have 2 of the new Boulevards, I love them but I also don't have anything to compare them to. Here is a couple pics of them..

14 months
jaren-1.jpg

15 months and 28 months
001-Copy.jpg

I haven't had them FF with a child in it yet.. so no pics of that. Also, neither child has fallen asleep yet so not sure about any head slumping!

mykidsmylife

ARGHH!!!!!!! I want my new BLVD!! LOL...
It has been 5 weeks since it was shipped and I have yet to recieve it. I want to try it out soooo bad. I got the Barrington one. Seth would love it!
Well we got 3 more weeks before I can have Britax put a lost mail request so hopefully it will come soon....

We have the old style Blvd. I wanna try the new one soo very bad!!!

S1C EM

OMGosh! This new redesigned Britax Boulevard is great! The headwings are fixed according to all of you that didn't like the other headwings. They sit back tighter to the seat now...not a lot of loose wiggle room for them anymore....the headwings are also bent back so that there is more headroom for child and they can see a little better. I kinda like the old headwings for protection purpose kinda like a horse eye cover but these new ones give room for children that have larger heads. They are nice! The new double click buckle and harness is wonderful too!!!! I am going to order one for all our carseats!!! You know that it is in and it slides in smooth and no question or not whether it is in or not. I usually click my kids in then tug on the buckle and straps to make sure that it is in but with this new buckle there is no question....it feels more secure when you click it! NICE NICE NICE changes.....also they put some rubber strips on the bottom of the base and where the seat belt route is....these are nice to have. The belly pads are nicely stitched where the buckles go thru them so no fraying of belly pads. The only thing I don't like and I think has been changed for awhile is the shoulder straps are sewn on not velcroed like the older ones. I like to be able to take them off without rerouting the straps.

I just bought a BLVD last week and it's manufacture date is April, '08. Guess I can't take advantage of any of these improvements, huh?

Is the crotch strap any longer?

Also, what are folks referring to when they say the harness adjuster is now "sewn shut" and not velcroed? I thought the harness/headrest adjuster was the knob on the side. Are we talking about the same thing?

Blondie87

I just bought a BLVD last week and it's manufacture date is April, '08. Guess I can't take advantage of any of these improvements, huh?

Is the crotch strap any longer?

Also, what are folks referring to when they say the harness adjuster is now "sewn shut" and not velcroed? I thought the harness/headrest adjuster was the knob on the side. Are we talking about the same thing?

My boulevards are manufactored in June 08 and August 08 and the are exactly the same. Yours may be a new model so check out the pictures and you will be able to tell by the wings if your model is newer or not.

crunchierthanthou

We're talking about the tightness adjuster, not the height adjustment knobs. Older Britax covers had a flap with velcro on the sides. Some children would lift the flap and loosen their own harness. Now covers only have a slit for access. It changed about a year ago.

here's a picture of what I mean. the pattern probably isn't the best to illustrate the point, but they were the first I found.

marathonadjustercovers.jpg

My boulevards are manufactored in June 08 and August 08 and the are exactly the same. Yours may be a new model so check out the pictures and you will be able to tell by the wings if your model is newer or not.

The headwings were changed in June 08. It looks like yours just made the cut. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC