Marathon Installation

dlg77

Okay, finally installed my Marathon. Haven't had a chance to take a photo yet and I also intend to have it inspected by the local tech at the fire dept, but I had some questions for you all.

I am a skeptic, so I am thinking I must have done something wrong, because it seemed too easy. I didn't seem to need a pool noodle/rolled up blanket/etc..... My DS is 9 months old, so I am pretty sure he doesn't need to be too reclined??

Also DH and I are arguing over the tether placement, he says the Britax manual says to anything that is bolted down, so he put it under the back seat where the restraint is. I believe it needs to be toward the front of the vehicle, but he wants some concrete reason other than "I read it online". So I'd appreciate any help with that. Its not that he doesn't care about DS's safety, but he's in accident reconstruction so he's a know it all about this stuff.

Thanks!!

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
It really can be that easy ;) Are you using a seatbelt or LATCH? Do you have less than an inch of movement?

I have never ever needed a noodle or towel in my many Britax installs ;)

You are correct about the tether. It needs to be towards the front of the vehicle, never to the same seat that the car seat is installed on. It's in the manual if he needs proof ;)

ETA: I apologize for the blatant misuse of the (;)) smiley! :eek:

dlg77

Thanks Anna. I'll have to look at the manual myself, as DH was holding it during the install. We used LATCH, the middle seat is a little lower so we couldn't get a sturdy install. there is definitely less than an inch of movement, its very tight.

dlg77

I have a 2005 Chevy Trailblazer and if I recall correctly from the infant base install, it doesn't allow middle LATCH. Although that may have been the base manufacturer that didn't allow that.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Ok, I was confused, I thought you meant you used center LATCH. Chevy does not allow center LATCH in the Trailblazer.

dlg77

okay, so I use the D ring, hook it around the front seat rail and hook the tether to that right? I am working on the pics now, thanks so much for the help!

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Did you upload them to photobucket? Then you can post the codes here. I would certainly let you email them to me, but my computer died so I'm on dh's, and it won't load my email :confused:

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
After you upload get the "direct link" code, click the little picture icon here in the quick reply box (looks like a mountain with a little moon above it) and enter the direct link code in there :)

dlg77

Thank goodness!!!!! I am so relieved to have it in correctly. I had nightmare visions of it taking hours and having to keep redoing it. I am also relieved not to be carrying the bucket seat anymore!!!!

Thanks so much.:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC