Question Britax Roundabout vs Boulevard

U

Unregistered

I know I want to go with a Britax but I'm not sure which one of these I want to go with! My son is very little for his age, he's 9 months but wears size 2 diapers and can still fit in some 3 months clothes, weighs 21 lbs. Even though he is small he has reached the limit of one inch away from the top of his Graco infant seat. Since he's so small I'm sort of leaning toward the boulevard but I don't know!!
Also I drive a two door '03 Pontiac Sunfire this should fit prefectly right?
THANK YOU!

ADS

cpsaddict

It's hard to compare the RA to the Boulevard because the BLVD has the True Side Impact Protection. Personally, I would do the Boulevard or even the Marathon, as they will last MUCH longer than the RA. The Roundabout is very nice and probably has the easiest harness adjuster of any seat. However, the price tag is pretty high for a 40lb limit seat. You can get Marathons for just about $20 more right now and that is a much better deal.
I have had an RA and currently own a Marathon. I definately feel the Marathon is worth the money. My RA was nice, but not worth the $200+ price tag(IMO).

sunnymw

To answer the 2nd question, you can install a RF seat more upright for an older child, meaning it will take up much less room front to back... you can have it closer to 30 degrees rather than 45 for an infant ;)

For size... this is my 31 inch 21lb babe at 17 months old... same size as yours. Car is a 4dr Buick Regal... wide seat, but not so huge front to back ;) DH still had plenty of leg room though!
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm16/sunnywallace/Boudreaux/12-18 months/2008-02008.jpg

natysr

I have owned a Roundabout, Boulevard, and two Marathons.

The Roundabout has a much shorter shell height than the Marathon and Boulevard. Also, the roundabout has a 40 pound weight limit whereas the Marathon and Boulevard have 65 pound weight limits. The Marathon and Boulevard have very similar shell and harness heights.

While I did really love our Roundabout, my son would have outgrown it by height far sooner than the Marathon or Boulevard.

This is a picture of him in a roundabout at 16 months old. He was about 19 pounds in this picture. Note how much room there is above his head.

50968626-S.jpg

This is him at 3 1/2 years old in a Marathon. He was 27 pounds, 36 inches in this picture. Even with his growth, you can see he still has plenty of room above his head.

247448035_DMttb-S.jpg

Since you have a 2 door vehicle, it will likely be more difficult to get your child in and out of the carseat when it is rearfacing if you get the boulevard, because of the headwings. If I were you, I would keep this in mind and try out the seats in your car at babiesrus before you purchase one of them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC