Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums
Forums Home | Mobile Site | Search | Carseat Blog | Carseat Basics | FAQ | Store | Support Us and Shop Amazon

Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Contact Us to Sponsor a Top Banner Ad!  

Visitors are welcome to post a question anonymously, without registration. Please see announcement for more details.

Go Back   Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums > Safety Questions and Topics > CAR SEATS - General Child Safety Seat Questions, Help and Advice

Notices

CAR SEATS - General Child Safety Seat Questions, Help and Advice Visitors, Please Use This Forum to Ask Questions. Find help on how to pick the best infant, toddler or booster seat & learn safest practice to use it correctly for your littles!

The Car Seats forum is sponsored by Clek, Inc.

Old 01-11-2006, 10:47 AM   #1
Unregistered

Parkway (plus ? about Tiffany pattern) vs. Turbo Booster

Hi!

I had a Bodyguard before and really liked it for the head and side support. However, the lockoffs weren't convenient. The shoulder belt guides didn't seem to work well given the anchor location of our shoulder belt--it would the shoulder belt kept coming out as the kids were getting in/out of the booster causing some difficulty buckling up. I found the Bodyguard a new home and just went with the highback TurboBooster which I like overall really well. The added bonus is that the back can be removed when not needed.

I need another highback booster now for occasional use for an older child and full-time later for a child that will just be moved into one (thus why I am leaning toward the more wrap around Parkway).

Now I see that Britax has a Parkway. I like the fact there are no "arms" with this booster. I would think that would make it easy for a child to buckle himself/herself in. Am I right? Wouldn't this also be great for those three across situations too?

Shoulder belt guides. First read this: http://www.carseat.org/Technical/tec...#shoulderguide . Since I don't have to use the shoulder belt guides, can I remove them? Otherwise, they can interfere (based on experience with BG) with the shoulder belt. I wish they had the closed loop-sytle option redesigned without the "catch" that was snagging people's belts. The guides would work better for us if they were over the shoulder instead of attached to the headrest and angled in as much.

I really like the Tiffany pattern. It seems like some of these patterns are only available about 6 months. Am I wise to buy now in order to have it?

Do any of you have older children riding in this really girly Tiffany pattern? I think it would be great for the younger child later, but not sure how the older one will like it.

Are these well-padded?

I realize the cupholders may not be as deep as needed, but our Graco ones work great for the most part. These seem similar.

Any other comments?

#ADS
Car-Seat.Org
Please Support Our Sponsors!

Car-Seat.Org is online  

RECARO Child Safety – Child restraints inspired by decades of safety in racing seat technology.

Visitors are welcome to post a question anonymously, without registration. Please see announcement for more details.

Old 01-11-2006, 10:58 AM   #2
Victorious4
CPS Technician

Victorious4 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderVictorious4 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderVictorious4 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderVictorious4 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderVictorious4 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderVictorious4 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderVictorious4 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderVictorious4 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderVictorious4 is a Car-Seat.org Leader
I assume that you should never remove any built-in part of a child safety restraint, even one that isn't mandatory to use, unless the manufacturer writes in the user manual that removing it is safe We always use the belt loop guides & I also lock our ALR belts at the retractor so my kids can't wiggle around (read your vehicle manual to find out if you have locking belts) - even with the belts locked, the belt guides have never posed a problem or hassle, etc. getting in & out.

Cup holders aren't that important to us - we've never used them, actually ... the big thing I like about the Parkway is that it has deep wings with EPS foam; is very comfy; the lack of armrests allows it to fit well between other carseats buckles easily, kids can buckle in easily without help, fits both small & big kids really well!

I haven't seen the Tiffany fabric yet, but that's my name so I like it already, LOL
Victorious4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 06:45 AM   #3
Kellyr2
CPS Fanatic

Kellyr2 is a Car-Seat.org recognized contributor
Have you seen the Parkway somewhere in the Tiffany print? The Britax site doesn't show that as being offered.
I don't know anything official about the belt guide questions, but I also wouldn't remove anything unless the manufacturer specifically said it was okay.
Graco SS1 due to come out of retirement in Jan 09
Kellyr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 07:37 AM   #4
Unregistered

I have the Tiffany PW and it is beautiful! I'd would definately recommend the pattern several online retailers have them now. There has been studies suggesting that kids ages 4-8 fair better in a side impact crash in a HB vs LB booster so we use the PW vs the LB we have for daily use.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:43 PM   #5
Victorious4
CPS Technician

Victorious4 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderVictorious4 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderVictorious4 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderVictorious4 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderVictorious4 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderVictorious4 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderVictorious4 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderVictorious4 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderVictorious4 is a Car-Seat.org Leader
Oh, I finally saw it! I'm not a pinky gal myself, but I just know my daughter would LOVE it ... I'm imaging the Regent in Blue Bouquet with Tiffany Parkway My girls would be in fancy seat heaven However, I'm going to settle on our Bubble Fun Parkway with the Black Retro Two Way Plus/Elite (a similar sort of bubbly look to it) - it's more boyish, but maybe eventually I could get the Blue Bouquet & Tiffany covers to replace our current PW & Husky covers (maybe as incentive for kiddo to use a carseat in a few years when her friends aren't anymore!)
Victorious4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 06:57 PM   #6
CathyandBrandon
Carseat Crazy

CathyandBrandon is a Car-Seat.Org cub writer
I would love to get the PW in tiffany for Ashton. Who is selling it?
Old 01-13-2006, 12:01 AM   #7
Unregistered

Tiffany Parkway in stock at Albee Baby

Albee Baby: http://www.albeebaby.com/

Here is the direct link to the seat: http://www.specialtybaby.com/brpaboseinti.html

The seat is $99.99. Shipping is free if your order is $100 or more. I think, but am not sure, that it is $4.95 if you don't order anything else. You may want to browse their site as they have some inexpensive items that you may need anyway that would put the order over $100 and like getting that item free :-).

They shipped my order fast!

It will pull up at some other stores when doing a search, but many places are already sold out.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:45 AM   #8
CathyandBrandon
Carseat Crazy

CathyandBrandon is a Car-Seat.Org cub writer
thanks. she's got the BG but also when the time comes for him to be out of his harness in the Graco Ultra I may end up putting him in the BG which will only be occasionally if he goes with dad or my mom.
Old 01-18-2006, 02:39 PM   #9
websnail

Pictures of Tiffany Parkway

Here a picture of the Parkway in Tiffany and a closeup of the fabric.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TiffanyFabric (Medium).JPG (53.0 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by websnail; 01-22-2006 at 09:25 AM.

Tags
None

Support our Forums at Car-Seat.Org!