My FPSVD is here! Pics!

Holly

I am SO Happy! My FPSVD came today! I was hoping it would, but thought it probably wouldn't be here until tomorrow.
I LOVE it so far!!!
I havent installed it yet, I have a pic of the straps in the setting I think it needs to be in, but it's a little above Abby's shoulder, so I want to show the pics to see what you guys think.
I'm showing all the pics I took of it too, the box and opening it as well.

Just got it!
FPSVD001.jpg

Looking in the box!
FPSVD002.jpg

Outside, still wrapped in plastic:
FPSVD003.jpg

With tags still on it!
FPSVD004.jpg

Abby in it with the headrest. She was not happy about being strapped in inside the house, so thats why she looks mad:
April2008094.jpg

April2008096.jpg

Headrest off:
April2008100.jpg

Close ups of straps and her shoulders:
April2008102.jpg

FPSVD005.jpg

My finger is pointing to where the lower strap setting is:
FPSVD008.jpg

And of course Hannah had to try it out too!
April2008104.jpg

I want to install it, but I want to make sure it's ok to have the straps just barely above her shoulders like that first? I'll take more pics after it's installed.

Oh, and to Judi, THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I LOVE IT!

ADS

TerisBoys

Her height may well change once it's in your car - I'd get it installed and then decide.

It's easy enough to change the harness on a RF seat installed - just let the harness out all the way so you can reach the splitter plate easily and change it that way :)

BabyKaykes

Are you replacing your Scenera? I had the Circus Dots first asn decided it was too girly, lol. I traded covers/harnesses with another mom.

If she'll be RF, you'll want to move the straps down. They're above her shoulders, and once you install it they'll be even further above. My 2.5yo was on the bottom slots RF until just this past December. Make sure you're lifting up the cover to see the slots in the shell, because the slots in the cover are rounded.

I also decided the toddler pillow was useless for RF because it's too low. So when he does FF, I'll put it back on.

Happy installs! Your girls are adorable!

Rosey

Awesome! I love mine too!! Judi is so great. Mine was a display though, but it looks new. :) I think I installed that thing in 5 minutes.

I spent all day calling around to try to locate more for others but no luck. And I thought for rear facing it should be at or below.......?

Holly

Yeah, rearfacing is supposed to be at or below the shoulders, but I thought I heard it was ok to have them slightly above too. We had to change her Scenera's straps to just slightly above as well because we had such a hard time getting the harness on her properly with them so low, they pulled off her shoulders all the time and it was just a big PITA to put her in.

I put her in the FPSVD again to double check where the slots are, and I think she is even closer to those slots than the pics show, I think she is really almost even with them. In the pics, the seat is reclined too, so I don't think it will change much in the car.
The seat is installed now, I REALLY like it! I installed it with LATCH and it was SOOO easy! it also seems like it overlaps the Radian, but it's just because the cover is poofy, when you push the cover out of the way to see, its really just out of the way of the Radian, they fit so perfectly next to each other, you'd think they were made to be installed side by side like that! My Scenera used to smash the Radian, but this does not!
I didn't even have to move the front passenger seat either!

I also LOVE this cover IRL! I thought it was going to be kinda ugly, usable, but ugly. BUT, I don't think so at all anymore! In the stock pics the sides look grey, but they are not, they are tan! It's sooo cute! Very funky looking!
I am just VERY pleased with this seat and am SOOO happy that I was able to get it! Thanks so much to Judi for all the help to get it!

Kids are sleeping right now, but in a while we have to pick up hubby from work, so we'll take some in the car pics then as well!

Holly

Well, I'm officially a Britax girl! :love:
If we ever need another convertible seat, I'm getting a Britax Marathon!
I LOVE it so much! Abby is very comfortable in it too!
It was super easy and fast to install, and it's super easy to adjust the harness and make it tight on her! I only wish they had not discontinued the seat!

Here are pics of it in the car. Its forward further than the Radian, so now I can't get pics of both girls faces from Abby's side, but thats ok.
It is not too upright is it?

April2008107.jpg

April2008109.jpg

April2008114.jpg

April2008112.jpg

April2008113.jpg

Kalinky

Senior Community Member
It doesn't look too upright to me. She looks like she'd be fine sleeping in it even at that angle. They are just too darn cute! We have the FPSVD for Grandma's car and we really like it too. It's (was) a great seat for the price (esp. the price you got it for!). It really is a shame they discontinued it. LOVE that cover too, ours is the red and black.

Mommy2Marcus

I do not think it is to upright! As a matter of fact all of my seats are more upright than that one! I have my Scenera right on the verge of his head flopping, any more & it would! It is probably 30 degrees! I SO SO SO want one of these seats! I am sad b/c my local Baby Depot didn't have one!

Holly

It has a DOM of Feb 6, 2006, so it has almost 4 years left.
In that time, if I need to replace the harness, would it be ok to order a MA harness for it or should I get on the phone with Britax now to try and get a FPSVD harness to just save until/if I need it?

Another question. We're turning Hannah to FF in July when she turns 3 (she is 28 lbs now), If it were you, would you rather have Hannah FF outboard in the Radian and Abby outboard RF in FPSVD or would you rather have Hannah FF outboard in FPSVD with Abby RF center in Radian?
Or, maybe Hannah still in the Radain FF, but leave it in the center instead of outboard?
Would it be safer to have the FPSVD outboard because of the SIP that the Radian doesn't have?

TerisBoys

I agree - FF in the middle (less protected) in whichever seat fits best.

RF child is safer outboard.

Holly

Wow! I just talked to Britax trying to get a 2nd cover just to have one just incase something happens to this one, or to put on when I need to wash this one. They do have the black cover still, but it's $50 plus shipping!
Unless my cover was damaged, they would send it free then, but I don't want to lie to them and tell them I have a damaged cover just to get a free one, plus I dont know if they make you send them the damaged cover in that case or not, and mine isn't really damaged and I like the cover too!
I didn't know it would be so much just for a cover! Thats more than I paid for the seat itself! Looks like I'll just keep the one I have and if it gets damaged or something later, I'll find a MA cover on ebay or something, but even those get high!
It can't really cost them $50 to make one cover can it?
I know the MA covers new are like $70 aren't they? Wow, crazy!

Oh, hey, if my cover does get damaged later on and I call them and they don't have any more FPSVD covers then, will they replace it with a MA cover?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC