Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums
Forums Home | Mobile Site | Search | Carseat Blog | Carseat Basics | FAQ | Store | Support Us and Shop Amazon

Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Contact Us to Sponsor a Top Banner Ad!  

Visitors are welcome to post a question anonymously, without registration. Please see announcement for more details.

Go Back   Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums > Safety Questions and Topics > CAR SEATS - General Child Safety Seat Questions, Help and Advice

Notices

CAR SEATS - General Child Safety Seat Questions, Help and Advice Visitors, Please Use This Forum to Ask Questions. Find help on how to pick the best infant, toddler or booster seat & learn safest practice to use it correctly for your littles!

The Car Seats forum is sponsored by Clek, Inc.

Old 02-24-2008, 01:36 PM   #1
DiaSmall
Carseat Crazy

DiaSmall has disabled reputation
Nautiuls DOM 1/09/2008 Expiration

Expires Dec. 2013.

Just thought I would post that, not sure i got it in the right spot though! This Graco seat expires in December 6yrs from the year it was manufactured... but so far all the seats 2007 & 2008 DOM's are still stamped Dec. 2013.

For a long time I was posting that a 2007 seat expired Dec. 2013 but a 2008 seat expired Dec. 2014. I thought that was the rule for graco seats.

Now I have to come back to say that I was wrong... I just bought my second GN today... DOM 1/09/2008 and the shell is still stamped Dec. 2013.

I thought I was so lucky to finally find a 2008 DOM that I snatched it up... Installed it in the WM Parking lot! Thats when I saw the expiration was the same.... Oh well...

I love them as a harnessed seat but I've already decided that I'll only use them as a booster in DH car... since the boys never seem to ride w/ dh.
I'm just not loving the idea of such a heavy unlatched booster.

In 4-5yrs I dont mind buying another seat... I figure they'll stain the cover and spill stuff all over them anyways... I'll deinatly want new ones by then.

#ADS
Car-Seat.Org
Please Support Our Sponsors!

Car-Seat.Org is online  

RECARO Child Safety – Child restraints inspired by decades of safety in racing seat technology.

Visitors are welcome to post a question anonymously, without registration. Please see announcement for more details.

Old 02-24-2008, 02:44 PM   #2
joolsplus3
Admin - CPS Technician

joolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinairejoolsplus3 is a CPS Guru Extraordinaire
Re: Nautiuls DOM 1/09/2008 Expiration

They must have the same idiot working the shell date stamp machine as Evenflo, which routinely has this problem
Old 02-24-2008, 03:01 PM   #3
mburks26
Carseat Crazy

mburks26 has disabled reputation

if you get a 2008 and its stamped 2013 its only 5 yrs since you know that they are good for 6 yrs and they expire Dec 31 of that 6th yr would it be ok to use it til Dec 31 2014?
Reason for asking if I get one that expires 2013 I would still need to purchase another high back booster (another $100 plus) as dd would only be 8 I get one that expires Dec 31 2014 she will be 9.5 I would feel better with low back then. KWIM
mburks26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 03:08 PM   #4
Jeanum
Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus

Jeanum is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireJeanum is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireJeanum is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireJeanum is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireJeanum is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireJeanum is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireJeanum is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireJeanum is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireJeanum is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireJeanum is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireJeanum is a CPS Guru Extraordinaire

A seat made in Jan. 2008 and expiring Dec. 2013 is still nearly 6 full calendar years of potential use when you count the rest of 2008, and all of 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013. That's 6 full years minus a month. Graco must be waiting to switch the expiration stamp until it's further into the 2008 calendar year, rather than push the expiration envelope much more beyond 6 years. Or as Jools suggested, Graco has the same confusion that Evenflo apparently has with expiration date markings.

DD1 Age 12, 65" 5 steps
DD2 Age 9, 55" Britax Parkway SGL

Click here if you wish to view the full size version of my avatar
Jeanum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 03:43 PM   #5
DiaSmall
Carseat Crazy

DiaSmall has disabled reputation

Yeah its 5yrs and 11mo of calander life from the date of the seat... since its already feburay i lost 2 months... so 5yrs 10 months left till Dec 2013.
Bradley just turned 2 & will be 7yrs and 10mo when it expires... thats a great age to move to a booster... even if he hasnt outgrown the harness.
Based on his growth I figure he'll ourgrow the harness before 7yr10mo anyways so I get all the use I want out of my 150$!

Seriously, dh is right... by then some other amazing seat will have come out that I will just HAVE to have...
DiaSmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 03:52 PM   #6
mamaofthree
Carseat Crazy

mamaofthree is a Car-Seat.org recognized contributor

Hmmm, strange. Has anyone emailed Graco to ask? I'm curious whether it is a mistake or not. I'm wanting a Galaxy from BRU, wonder when those will expire?

Kimberly
mamaofthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 07:14 PM   #7
magoose
Carseat Crazy

magoose has disabled reputation

Thanks for posting this. I am waiting for recent dates with full 6 yrs on it as I expect to need them that long. Anna
magoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:41 PM   #8
Mae
CPS Technician

Mae is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMae is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMae is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMae is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMae is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMae is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMae is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMae is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMae is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMae is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMae is a Car-Seat.org Leader

I don't see how this carseat can "be used from age one to age ten!!" if it expires after 6 years...?
Mae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:19 PM   #9
Defrost
Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus

Defrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org ExpertDefrost is a Car-Seat.Org Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by megnjay View Post
I don't see how this carseat can "be used from age one to age ten!!" if it expires after 6 years...?
You can... if you have more than one kid. See, my 6 year old could use it for four years, and by then my baby would be over a year old and could use it for a couple of years... if I had kids those ages, of course.

I think the folks who designed the "last carseat you'll ever need" over at Cosco helped out with Graco's advertising.
Safely secured with seat belts - everyone, every ride!
Defrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:23 PM   #10
Mae
CPS Technician

Mae is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMae is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMae is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMae is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMae is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMae is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMae is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMae is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMae is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMae is a Car-Seat.org LeaderMae is a Car-Seat.org Leader

lol I'm thinking so too. I think there should be a law made saying that if you EVER come to a problem with your cs that you should be refunded.. depending on the issue (cough cough) AO (cough cough) lol
Mae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:16 AM   #11
bethng
CPS Technician

bethng is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Authorbethng is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by joolsplus3 View Post
They must have the same idiot working the shell date stamp machine as Evenflo, which routinely has this problem
LMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beth CPST and special needs trained Mom to Bailey ...20 and driving! Skylar- 16yrs-and also driving! Molly-13 yrs -70+ pounds passing the 5 step test and Avery -9 yrs - 55+ pounds, riding in a redd performance sport booster.

Tags
None

Support our Forums at Car-Seat.Org!