how does this Topside fit?

Worry Mama

As you can tell by my 9 year old daughter's face in the attached picture, she desperately wants out of a booster. Our compromise is to go from hbb to backless. It is a tight 3 across. The topside fits perfectly, but I don't think the fit is very good - do you agree?? What else might fit next to her bro's TB?? Literider was a no. The bubble bum just seems odd to me (it would be her main carseat in our only car). Any suggestions? (oh, the hbb she was in was the parkway sgl but it is kind of tilted in the car to make it fit so using it as a backless would be really bad as it doesn't sit flat against the back seat -- one of the reasons I was willing to let her get a noback!). Thanks a bunch!

Attachments

• IMG_5081.JPG
    IMG_5081.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_5082.JPG
    IMG_5082.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 66
ADS

Brianna

The lap belt appears completely flat on the thighs and not touching her hips at all- can you check that? Another option is the Safety 1st Incognito.

Worry Mama

yep, totally on the thighs. I was figuring it was a bad fit but wanted to check (and wanted my dd to hear it from someone else too so she didn't think i was just trying to keep her in hbb). thanks so much!

aeormsby

yea not a good fit, i would look at the incognito or even bubblebum

That's what I was going to suggest also. The Bubble bum is narrower but very short so not much leg support so might not be as comfy for a full time seat. The Incognito is lower/wider/deeper so if it fits having it lower might make it easier to buckle.

Worry Mama

Thanks for all the replies. I've had a sick baby (in hospital for 3 days - infantile spasms) so haven't been checking this for a few days.
Ha, I see Home Depot sells the Incognito. We have one of those close so I'll order that online and return at the store if it doesn't fit.
I've tried 5 stepping her. The shoulder portion isn't in a good spot (and we have a 2002 Camry so the shoulder height isn't adjustable as it comes over the seatback)
Thanks so much for your help!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC