Java and Flash fake update alets

amelia222

I don't even know what to call them but I keep getting these redirects to java-updating-now.com and winflashplayer.com. It happens on both computers and only in a tab that has car-seat.org open. Any ideas?

ADS

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Meaning when you click a link on the forum to a post or page, it sends you somewhere else?

This is definitely a violation of all the ad networks. Does it happen if Car-Seat.Org is the only website open anywhere and your other browsers are all closed?

I am not seeing anything like this, so if others see it, please try to pay attention to what ads may have been on the screen when you were redirected.

Things like this can also be a virus or malware on your system or a plugin/addon/extension that was added to your browser without you knowing it. Such extensions can be smart and may only cause problems on one or more select websites, making you think it's a problem with the website when it's actually something on your computer:(

Definitely run a virus/malware scan and check your browser extensions and disable any that you don't recognize to see if that helps.

shauburg

I've been getting things like this too.

When I click a link in a forum to take me to a post to read, a different site comes up instead.

The one that came up today was: http://www.adobeupdate2014.com/CA/?...AAAAAAAA=&s2=26109&s3=CA&s4=76985&s5=24352395 (do NOT click on this!!!)

It has only ever happened to me when on car-seat.org. It has never happened to me on any other web-sites. I have not been on the site in a while, but the two recent times I visited (last week and today), it happened. I was NOT logged in when it happened, just reading some posts in the Canadian forum. Of course I had to log in now to post this!

That's all the info I can think of to give you, but ask if you need anything else!

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I just received the weekly scan results for the server that completed earlier today and nothing was indicated.

Is anyone else seeing this warning?

For now, definitely do the same as previous members with similar issues. Run a full virus/malware scan. Verify your browser tools/extensions. If you don't recognize it, disable or delete it.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I also just ran a popular web scanner (sucuri.net) and it came up clean as well.

Does this also happen to you on your mobile, tablet, notebook or any other computer on the same network?

On any affected computers/devices, does it happen to all browsers or just one in particular like IE or Chrome?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
No help here, but that's how my son accidentally blew out his computer last month, by clicking on a random java update button. If I were a hacker, I'd have picked that, too, since they know java makes us update everything pretty much constantly and we trust to click on it all the time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC