Help deciding between Clek Foonf/ Chicco NextFit and Peg Primo 5-70??

U

Unregistered

Hello. I have. 13 month old, 31 in, 26 lbs and need a convertible. I've spent hours researching and need help deciding between my top three: Clek Foonf, Chicco Nextfit and Peg Perego Primo Viaggio 5/70.

I'm interested in long RF, safety, easy installation and lastly nice to haves like harness straps to hold the harness out of the way, cushioning etc. It seems each of these three has most of the above criteria, but not all.

Which of the three would you recommend? I am concerned about are the install of the Peg - I don't want to use a noodle, have others needed to do this? The install with the Chicco seems super easy, but they don't offer a rebound or rear tether, how big an issue is this? And lastly, the Foonf it is $$ and I hear its not too comfy and I am not sure how easy a RF LATCH install is?

Thanks in advance for helping this confused momma out!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
For ease of installation, I'd rate the Nextfit the highest. The Foonf is not too hard but you do have to do things like put the ARB on. The Peg is more difficult for me with seatbelt than most seats due to the belt path. It doesn't usually need noodles, though, it allows a 30-45 degree angle and in most cars without really, REALLY slanted seats I've found it naturally goes in at 35-40 degrees.

The Foonf lasts the longest by weight rear-facing, but has a hard and fast stated height limit that means most kids won't get there. The Peg also will not get most kids to the stated rear-facing weight limit by height, because only the first 7 positions (not all 10) may be used rear-facing. The NextFit will fit most but not all kids to 40 lbs. rear-facing, its stated limit.

All of them have some very nice features, comfort and style wise. The Foonf is pretty tall so some people have trouble loading kids in and out. The Nextfit's harness is non-removable, if that's an issue for you.

NextFit isn't up in Canada yet so we can't know for sure, but Chicco says that they will pass Canada's rebound limiting standard without modification. I do know that the Keyfit base has anti-rebound features built in so I wouldn't be surprised to find that they did indeed design with that in mind from the beginning when developing the NextFit.

Overall, they're all nice seats... For different reasons. What vehicle do you have, and how big is your child in torso vs. legs? That would influence my recommendation.

U

Unregistered

Thank you for the reply it was helpful.my son is pretty average in terms of torso vs legs but if I had to say his legs seem shorter and torso longer. I currently drive a Mercedea GLK but will be getting a larger car next year. Thanks you!

For ease of installation, I'd rate the Nextfit the highest. The Foonf is not too hard but you do have to do things like put the ARB on. The Peg is more difficult for me with seatbelt than most seats due to the belt path. It doesn't usually need noodles, though, it allows a 30-45 degree angle and in most cars without really, REALLY slanted seats I've found it naturally goes in at 35-40 degrees.

The Foonf lasts the longest by weight rear-facing, but has a hard and fast stated height limit that means most kids won't get there. The Peg also will not get most kids to the stated rear-facing weight limit by height, because only the first 7 positions (not all 10) may be used rear-facing. The NextFit will fit most but not all kids to 40 lbs. rear-facing, its stated limit.

All of them have some very nice features, comfort and style wise. The Foonf is pretty tall so some people have trouble loading kids in and out. The Nextfit's harness is non-removable, if that's an issue for you.

NextFit isn't up in Canada yet so we can't know for sure, but Chicco says that they will pass Canada's rebound limiting standard without modification. I do know that the Keyfit base has anti-rebound features built in so I wouldn't be surprised to find that they did indeed design with that in mind from the beginning when developing the NextFit.

Overall, they're all nice seats... For different reasons. What vehicle do you have, and how big is your child in torso vs. legs? That would influence my recommendation.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
With the longer torso and in a GLK, I'd probably go with the NextFit if it were my decision. :) But they are all definitely nice seats!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC