Car seat recs for Jeep Wrangler

U

Unregistered

Hi everyone!
I drive a Honda Pilot and my son (almost 3, 39 in, 35 lbs) is FFing in a Britax Boulevard 70 and my daughter (4 months, 15 lbs, 24 in) is in a Keyfit 30. Soon we plan on getting a Britax Frontier for my son and moving my daughter to the Boulevard (RFing for as long as she can). The Pilot is our family car and up until recently, the only car the kids ever rode around in. My h was driving an older model Jeep that I couldn't securely install their seats into. We just replaced that car with a 2014 Wrangler. It is his car for driving to work, but one of the reasons we bought a new car was so that in case we ever needed to, we could put car seats in his car. We also may use it for occasional trips to the beach or around our small town. We would like to buy seats for the Wrangler to avoid having to move our main seats from the Pilot. I'm looking at getting a combination harness/booster and a convertible. The back seat is kind of small so I need to factor that in, as well as cost--since these are second seats we do not want to spend much. Can you please give me some recommendations for seats that may work for us? Thank you!!

ADS

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
Hi and welcome! :) I'm not sure how they'd work in the Wrangler, but some low cost combination seats to research include the Evenflo SecureKid 300 & 400 and the Harmony Defender. A low cost convertible to research might be the Evenflo SureRide (which also has very tall top slots for forward-facing, second only to the Frontier, so you may want to consider it instead of a combination seat for your oldest). Just some thoughts; I hope you'll get more suggestions soon! :)

Jeni-GAcpst

I find in person that the SureRide sits differently than the frontier. The frontier puts kids up on their 'sit bones' while the SureRide allows kids to relax back on their tail bone. So side by side when installed, the SureRide harness slots are about 2" taller than the frontier. Honest.

So I'd definitely add the SureRide to the short list.
And maybe a safety first guide 65 to the short list. Baby may not fit yet, but big kid could fit FFing and baby rides in SureRide until they are ready to swap.

Good luck and enjoy!

U

Unregistered

Thank you! I think I am going to look at the SureRide this weekend, I think it could be a good option for us.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC