Carseats Made in the USA

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Edited to Add: Our list of where current carseat models are made can be found here: http://carseatblog.com/25477/country-of-origin-where-carseats-are-made/

Anyone have a list of carseats known to be made in the USA?

There was an inquiry about this on the CPS list today, regarding federal funding requirements. If you share or use this list elsewhere, I would greatly appreciate it if you could include a link to this copyrighted thread, as it will be updated periodically. I would appreciate it if you would not reproduce the entire list online in a public, searchable location if at all possible.

I'm guessing no such list exists yet for products made in the USA or North America in general.

So, on this thread, I'm asking for your help. Please reply to this post and submit confirmation of origin of your caseats. If possible, please upload a photo that has a "Made in USA", "Made in China" or other label along with enough of the carseat to identify it, if this is not clear from the label. If it is not clear from a label on the carseat shell, you may be able to find the origin in stamped or raised letters on the shell. Sometimes, it is not obvious from the wording on the carseat, so you may be able to find the information on the box as well.

Please include the brand name, exact product name, model number and date of manufacture. This information is needed because so many versions exist for some products and they may be assembled in different locations at different times.

Please note that fabric covers and harness systems may have separate labels. This is true both of the tag on the cover and a separate indication on most boxes about the cover's origin. So, you need to be sure that the label you check on the box or carseat is for the carseat itself, not for the fabric cover or harness straps! That is why a clear photo is needed for confirmation. I will be attaching some shortly for examples.

Master List of Made in USA Child Restraints: (Seats noted as confirmed if photo supplied on this thread)

Please note that this list is not an indicator of domestic content, so may not apply to all components, such as harness systems, fabric covers and other parts. It is only a report of what the manufacturer indicates on their product to specify where the item was "Made in". Seats made in Canada, Mexico or the EU will also be noted as such. This list is not all inclusive. Products not surveyed by our members may also be made in North America or Europe.

Infant:
Evenflo Discovery
Evenflo Nurture
Evenflo First Choice
Maxi-Cosi Prezi (*confirmed)
Peg Perego Primo Viaggio (EU/Italy)

Convertible:
Britax Roundabout 55
Britax Marathon 70 (*confirmed)
Britax Boulevard 70/G3
Britax Pavilion 70/G3
Britax Advocate 70/G3(*confirmed)
Clek Foonf (Canada)
Cosco Scenera various models
Cosco Apt 40RF
Evenflo Triumph
Evenflo Symphony 3-in-1
Evenflo SureRide
Evenflo Titan
Evenflo Tribute
Safety 1st Onside Air

Combination/Forward-Facing:

Britax Frontier 85/SICT (*confirmed)
Evenflo Momentum
Evenflo Express
Evenflo Chase
Evenflo Maestro
Evenflo SecureKid
Recaro ProSport (*confirmed)

Booster:

Clek Oobr (Mexico)
Clek Olli (Mexico)
Clek Ozzi (Mexico)
Cosco HighRise (*confirmed)
Some Evenflo Amp LX High Back and backless
Some Evenflo Big Kid Sports High Back and backless
Safety 1st Boost Air Protect
Safety 1st/Cosco Pronto

Other:

*may not apply to all manufacturing dates or serial numbers.

Again, this is only a guide. Please verify on product packaging or with the manufacturer before making a purchase based on this information.

Evenflo has major manufacturing in Ohio, Dorel (Cosco/Safety 1st) in Indiana, Britax in North Carolina.

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Recaro ProSport: Made in the USA

Recaro ProSport "Made in Auburn Hills, MI USA of USA and imported parts".
Model #385.01.AK21 manufactured 03/11/2011

Attachments

• recaroprosportmadeinusa.jpg
    recaroprosportmadeinusa.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 19

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Re: Recaro ProSport: Made in the USA

Britax Fronter 85 SICT "Made in USA with Global Components"
E9LE32X manufactured May 11, 2011

Britax Advocate 70 G3 "Made in USA with Global Components"
E9LG83X manufactured June 12, 2012

Attachments

• britaxadvocate70g3madeinusa.jpg
    britaxadvocate70g3madeinusa.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 15
  • britaxfrontier85sictmadeinusa.jpg
    britaxfrontier85sictmadeinusa.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 13

momtoo3

Cosco HiRise/ ambassador

ForumRunner_20130108_141422.png

Britax Marathon 70

ForumRunner_20130108_141501.png

Both are labels from the seat. I don't have boxes. The HBTB I have has a USA address but says made in China. I couldn't find a label on the Vivo other than on the cover that was made in the USA.

ETA: No idea why they show up right side up on my phone and upside down here. Sorry!

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Evenflo stated at their last webnar that most of their seats were made in the US. Some graco and some dorel seats are made in the US. I don't know which models, but perhaps a call to the manufacturers would provide a good list.

Of course, but confirmation from owners with photos is always a nice way to verify this information. Unfortunately, from those I have, the labels on Britax and Dorel product shells aren't as clear as they could be for those made in the USA. Britax box labels seem to be more clear, and the Britax B-Safe is clearly indicated as made in China on the carseat shell label, for example.

Evenflo and Dorel representatives indicate a large number of their products are still manufactured in USA. I am trying to obtain lists of specific models that are made in North America, but if anyone can confirm with photos I'd appreciate it!

IMMI/SafeGuard harness systems I've noticed are usually made in USA or Mexico and usually have their own tags on the harness straps, separate from labels on the carseat shell and cover. Others I've noted are mostly made in China.

christineka

Evenflo stated at their last webnar that most of their seats were made in the US. Some graco and some dorel seats are made in the US. I don't know which models, but perhaps a call to the manufacturers would provide a good list.

swtgi1982

Of course, but confirmation from owners with photos is always a nice way to verify this information. Unfortunately, from those I have, the labels on Britax and Dorel product shells aren't as clear as they could be for those made in the USA. Britax box labels seem to be more clear, and the Britax B-Safe is clearly indicated as made in China on the carseat shell label, for example.

Evenflo and Dorel representatives indicate a large number of their products are still manufactured in USA. I am trying to obtain lists of specific models that are made in North America, but if anyone can confirm with photos I'd appreciate it!

IMMI/SafeGuard harness systems I've noticed are usually made in USA or Mexico and usually have their own tags on the harness straps, separate from labels on the carseat shell and cover. Others I've noted are mostly made in China.

My Chaperone is stamped as made in China as well

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Maxi-Cosi Prezi
IC090-BIU
10/08/12
Made in USA, I guess. It almost looks as though it was left blank.

Attachments

• Prezi.JPG
    Prezi.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 28

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member

Somewhat amusingly, I have a Swedish seat and its harness is made by IMMI, in the USA, and is labeled as meeting FMVSS/CMVSS regulations (but not UNECE regulations. I'm trying to remember if they specify strength of straps in their regs or not.)

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I don't have a Foonf (yet!) to take a pic of but here's some Clek info:

Hi Jen, The Clek Oobr, Olli and Ozzi are currently manufactured in Mexico with many of the parts produced in Canada and the U.S. The Foonf is actually made in London, Ontario.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC