Slowness and downtime today (Sunday)

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
How long were people unable to access the forums today?

Are you still getting error messages or slowness?

ADS

Simplysomething

I was unable to access the forums until about 1:30 PM EDT. I probably first tried at about 9 am EDT I'd get a database error.

Since I've been able to connect, I have only noticed minimal sluggishness with the forum.

lovinwaves

I believe I tried to access late last night, and was unable too.

I know this morning probably around 9am central I couldn't. Then off again on again late this afternoon.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I apologize for the issues today. These outages are the exact sort of thing I hoped to eliminate by moving to our new provider. With the exception of today's extended downtime, I have been very happy with the service we've had for almost a month since the switch.

The downtime reports began before 9am central time today and were initially resolved around noon. A second outage began around 2pm central and lasted an hour or so.

The only thing I have learned is that there was a "mass attack" on the SQL cluster that hosts our forums at the new provider. I apologize again for the inconvenience. Given the generosity of our membership in donations, I will not hesistate to seek out another provider if this sort of thing occurs frequently. I suspect it is an isolated incident, but only time will tell.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I apologize again to our donors, members and guests. Here are the last two emails I have received from the new service provider. If the problems aren't resolved soon, I will begin looking for a new host again.

Dear Clients:

Many of you have noticed the rash of recent network issues that we've had lately.

We have investigated this issue quite thoroughly and would like to share this information with you:

1) The root cause was a network upgrade by our ISP. Namely, our main network ring was upgraded with new hardware/software.

2) This does not happen on a regular schedule, they haven't done this to us before in years of being on their service.

3) They have completed the work. After much prodding and probing, they finally admitted that the upgrade was spanned over several days instead of one. Most noticeably in the AM hours.

4) Most importantly, they are done with the upgrades in our area and have gone on to bother some other area.

For those who have been with us awhile you know that reliability is top priority on our list and we were running at 99.995% or better and we value that number.

Going forward, we do not expect these issues, our network providers have been stellar in the past and I see no reason why they can't get back to it.

Also, we will be adding a 3rd network provider to our network and this will alleviate issues in the future.

We're trying our best to give you the best hosting experience possible. We thank you for your patience through this network hardship.

By their accounts and our accounts, the issues have been resolved.

Support
Iron Mountain Hosting

Dear Clients:

We won't make excuses but we have finally found the root cause of the network issues.

Apparently, our ISP had reduced our network speed from 1 Gigabit down to 10mbit with their maintenance.

This resulted in flooding of bandwith since 10mbit cannot serve all our customers.

1) They will be providing us with a new router adapted to their new equipment tomorrow that will be pre-configured and will only take us down for 5 minutes for replacement.

2) For now, they have opened up our bandwith to a full 10 Gigabits to alleviate this problem.

If you've stuck with us through this, we thank you. We ask that you stay with us.

However, if you wish to cancel your service, we understand. This has been an embarrassing situation for both us and our clients.

We feel we have finally found the problem after 3 days of off and on trouble-shooting.

We will be crediting all accounts for a full 7 days of service with our sincere aplogies.

Support
Iron Mountain Hosting

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC