will I regret buying cosco APT?

AZmamaof2

I am thinking about getting a car seat for my DD as her back up seat, since she only rides in one in my car but has none in DH's car. She rides in a BLVD65 RF, weighs 23#, 32" tall, 21mo. I notice the APT goes to 40# and 40" RF as well as FF. Also I plan to RF her as close to 4yo as possible. I was able to RF her older bro until 3.5 and at 4yo he just weighs 38# and 41", so I don't expect her to top his stats for ht. or wt.

So my question is: will I regret buying a cosco apt for her? It really only has to last 2yrs for me to be happy, and then I will get her a combination seat or pass one down. She's used to a comfy blvd, so will she reject this due to less padding?

Any problems with installing or adjusting? She's about average ht., but do most kids outgrow by shell ht. before wt.?

Saw it for around $50 new and it seems a decent enough seat for a back up, but if people hate it, then I'd be better saving the $$ until I want one that is better padded.

thanks!

ADS

babyherder

The cosco apt is often recommended for a backup seat. Most kids don't seem to care about the lack of padding. In general its not as user friendly as some other seats, especially Britax, but as a backup seat that shouldn't be a big deal as you won't have to deal with it too often. Most kids do outgrow seats by height before weight.

mama.avi

I came to post the same question!! I need it for my 18 mo old, 22#, 32in tall DS, to put in a Honda Civic as a backup seat and to take it on vacation.

Is this FAA certified? It doesn't seem like it? Any ideas for an inexpensive backup seat that I could take on a plane once he's over 24mo? Thanks!

AZmamaof2

mama.avi, we should get our babies together for a carseat date ;)

I went to feel one @Target and my DD looked like she'd fit at the second shoulder harness (out of 3) and had enough head room. Padding wasn't terrible. It does seem wider than my other seats. I drive a honda civic but it would go in DH toyota corolla. Does the width make for a hard install?

Bigger question, how is the recline angle? When I looked at the base it has one portion that when sitting flat on the store floor reclines about 45 degrees, but my 20mo doesn't need an infant level recline. Then in FF it rests on a front edge and not flat on the base? Someone who has it and knows what I'm talking about?

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
The Cosco Apt is an awesome back-up seat.

When installing, you can push it into the bight of the seat when tightening to make it more upright. I usually have the opposite problem when installing the Apt/Scenera and need noodles to get a better recline.

HeatherMo745

We bought the cosco apt as a backup seat and I have LOVED it. We regularly used a radian txt with angle adjuster, but it was such a pain to put in our little car and my aunt's older vehicle. This seat is a win for the price.

It can be installed anywhere from a 30 to 40 angle. We have never had to use a pool noodle. I always get rock solid installs with latch. If I know I might be going somewhere with a family member we're sure to have this seat with us because it installs so easily.

I have put it in an 08 VW Jetta, 01 Dodge Durango, and 06 Lexus RX all solid installs with both latch and seat belt.

My daugther is 31lbs and 32in. She hasn't had a prob with too little padding and always falls asleep in this seat. The whole thing is so light that of she falls asleep in it I can bring her inside in the seat by myself. That comes in handy when you are going to sporting event or cousins house! :)

If I had the chance I would buy this seat again! So glad we have it on hand!

HeatherMo745

HeatherMo745 said:
We bought the cosco apt as a backup seat and I have LOVED it. We regularly used a radian txt with angle adjuster, but it was such a pain to put in our little car and my aunt's older vehicle. This seat is a win for the price.

It can be installed anywhere from a 30 to 40 angle. We have never had to use a pool noodle. I always get rock solid installs with latch. If I know I might be going somewhere with a family member we're sure to have this seat with us because it installs so easily.

I have put it in an 08 VW Jetta, 01 Dodge Durango, and 06 Lexus RX all solid installs with both latch and seat belt.

My daugther is 31lbs and 32in. She hasn't had a prob with too little padding and always falls asleep in this seat. The whole thing is so light that of she falls asleep in it I can bring her inside in the seat by myself. That comes in handy when you are going to sporting event or cousins house! :)

If I had the chance I would buy this seat again! So glad we have it on hand!

Oops! RXT lol

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC