Those huge Radian harness pads...

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I don't see in the manual where they're optional for RF. Did I miss it, or is it one of those "in the know" things? ;)

ADS

Keeanh

I think it's one of those "phone Diono" things. I talked to Alana and she said that they are officially required for FF because those are the results that were given to TC. As I understand it, they're not required for RF because they don't affect the test results for RF. She also said that the seat passed all current requirements without the big pads. They just got better FF chest G results with the pads. She said the old SKJP Radians were compliant except for labelling.

m2h

When we got ours, I called Diono (then Sunshine Kids) to ask about them and she said they were optional RF, but offered to send a smaller set (shoulder pads much like other seats). I received them within a week or two, free.

birdflippin'

I hate those huge covers. I have tightened DS2 into his seat and then removed them, only to find I can pinch more than an inch of harness.
I like to remove harness covers in winter to make it easier to buckle in with the coat trick, but argggg those stupid big ones.

sparkyd

I hate those huge covers. I have tightened DS2 into his seat and then removed them, only to find I can pinch more than an inch of harness.
I like to remove harness covers in winter to make it easier to buckle in with the coat trick, but argggg those stupid big ones.

I'm 100% with you, I hate them too but I don't think you can assume that if you can pinch the harness when you take them off that there is that much slack in the harness with them on. It isn't like a bulky snow suit that is going to completely compress in a collision and introduce tons of slack. The padding is very dense memory foam that will surely compress, but not to that degree. Having said that, I really do despise the fact that you can't properly check for tightness with those things on. Not a fan, at all.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC