SecureKid, Nautilus or Maestro?

love-pink

We need a seat for dhs vehicle. Dd is 33 lbs. If you were choosing which would you choose and why? Feel free to add pictures if you would like :D

ADS

jess71903

Ambassador
I was really impressed with the SecureKid at Target. I kind of want to sell my Regent to fund one. I love the Nauti, but for a 2nd vehicle, I think the SEcureKid would win out.

Gage will be 5 in 2 weeks, weighs about 47lbs (I think) and has an average torso.

0CE0C6C7-orig.jpg

Top slots
8741B808-orig.jpg

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
At 33lbs, the Maestro hands down. I despised the SK400. I've got pics...will post shortly.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
At 33lbs, the Maestro hands down. I despised the SK400. I've got pics...will post shortly.

Well poo....I can't find the ones I wanted. LOL But I definitely liked the Maestro over the the SK400. We got horrid head slump in it, even with the vehicle seat reclined. In a seat that doesn't recline (like the back seat of dh's truck) it was even worse. It installed great, but was super upright and then the forward head rest just made things horrible.

Mags462

Going to vote Nauti - i despise the harness spacing on all evenflo/dorel seats - they cut in to my kids neck something terrible :( The Nauti is a well built seat and can be found on sale often at the $100ish price point.... so that'd be my vote :D

DMS721

Anything but the Maestro! We bought it for a travel seat and it was such a piece of junk that I returned it the day we returned. It was a pain to install. The buckle would not buckle properly and came undone several time even after pressing it in and hearing the click. My son hated it and cried and complained every time we put him in it. He is used to the Frontier 85 SICT, and the Maestro wasn't padded enough and the straps hurt his neck. We had a Evenflo Triumph Advance before the frontier and that seat was fine, so I was super disappointed with how lousy the Maestro was.

Dawn

lovemybabies924

We have a maestro and love it.. No head slump, used it on two flights this week and will use for two more home! The spacing is close together so I have to use harness covers on the straps so my son doesn't get raw :/ evenflo told me they used to have harness covers but cut down on cost by removing them.. So I use some :/ it also fits on the back of the joovy caboose ultralight like a glove

Last edited:

gigi

I LOVE the Maestro, but my 5 y.o. muscle man just gained FOUR pounds in 3 months and is now 47 pounds in summer clothes with no shoes! Yikes. So now I'm deciding if I can stomach boostering him or if we buy a SK400 or F85. The negatives of the SKs for me are the 6 year expiration, the newer evenflo buckles, and the short harness. The negatives for the F85 are the size of seat and the NHTSA side impact test on YouTube.

SavsMom

We have a Maestro and love it! Its lightweight for travel, very easy to install and DD seems very comfy in it.
For long trips we use the Frontier as DD is "leggy" and really needs good leg support on longer trips. But I actually prefer the Maestro for simple everyday use.

Baylor

I have nautilus as back up and fr85 as main seat. I love the GN. It's a great sturdy seat, easy to install and I love that you can use LATCH in booster mode.

auto correct hates me

Last edited:

love-pink

I ordered a Maestro last night. I was leaning towards the GN but that would mean saving up for another week or two and we really need something NOW. Ive been waiting for the free G3 I sent in for but other posters say it took a month for the seat to come. Moving the RXT back and forth between vehicles is no fun :eek:

I hate leaving dh home with the kids knowing if something were to happen he would have no seat for dd. I thought I had locked my keys in my car the other day and the first thought that ran through my mind was that dh couldnt bring me the extra set because there is no extra seat for dd. :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC