Full Desktop Site Register
Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums
Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Carseat Chat>Foonf, take #2
Judi 12:10 AM 08-11-2012
Yesterday, I got to see Foonf 2.0. I will be showing pics of both. The green is 1.0, black is 2.0. There will be a couple more changes from 2.0.

Harness heights, without compression are 10" to 17". With compression, 10.5" to 17.5". RF to 45 lbs, FF to 65 lbs.

Changes so far:

- Latch anchors for rear facing now come from seat, not the wedge.
- Storage for latch is in the front of the seat.
- There will be RFing lock offs. There are not on this prototype.
- Headrest is farther back.

Now for a few pics.

Gap 1.0 VS 2.0. The headrest actually rubs the seat a little when it is all the way down.

The back:

Take off the cover, and here is what you see:

Under the seat cover:

Side view:

In action:

FR85, RF Foonf, RF TWE:

FF Foonf, FR85:

TWE VS Foonf:

TWE, 23"

Foonf, 26"

Blondie87, Whataboutpuppy and Caritas!

Caritas went today to see it again. Her pics can be seen here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2750003&type=1

autumnlily 12:22 AM 08-11-2012
I am so disappointed that I couldn't be there for the fun
scoutingbear 12:48 AM 08-11-2012
I do have to say it isn't quite as fugly with the black shell.
Judi 12:50 AM 08-11-2012
I do like the black shell.
SoCalCarSeatMama 01:03 AM 08-11-2012
The white shell was really the one thing making me say "I would never buy this seat." But I could totally see myself having this black shelled foonf in the midst of my black (and red) car seat collection.
ketchupqueen 01:09 AM 08-11-2012
Any more info on rf tethering?
An Aurora 01:25 AM 08-11-2012
Thank you Clek for appeasing my picky vain side and making a seat that actually looks halfway decent from the back. It bugs me seeing the ugly backside of seats for 4 years.
cowgirlsmommy 03:02 AM 08-11-2012
The back looks so cool! Thanks for all the pictures! I can't wait to get one of these.
finn 04:41 AM 08-11-2012
It doesn't have a non-re-thread harness?

While it is taller than the TWE, the TWE can be used rf until the ears are inline with the top of the shell, and the foonf has the 1 inch rule right? I wonder if that makes any difference in longevity?
NannyMom 05:02 AM 08-11-2012
Didn't the green have a no rethread??
violets_mommy 06:33 AM 08-11-2012
Originally Posted by NannyMom:
Didn't the green have a no rethread??
No, it wasn't a no rethread harness either.
An Aurora 06:38 AM 08-11-2012
What are those red tabs on the side of the back? Are those to take that back cover off?
violets_mommy 07:02 AM 08-11-2012
Originally Posted by An Aurora:
What are those red tabs on the side of the back? Are those to take that back cover off?
Forward facing lock offs I think.
ketchupqueen 07:07 AM 08-11-2012
Originally Posted by finn:

While it is taller than the TWE, the TWE can be used rf until the ears are inline with the top of the shell, and the foonf has the 1 inch rule right? I wonder if that makes any difference in longevity?
I looked at that too, but I'm guessing useable height is about the same, or at least less than one inch different. Hard to tell without a kid in both of course.
An Aurora 07:46 AM 08-11-2012
Originally Posted by violets_mommy:
Forward facing lock offs I think.
Ooh, I'll bet you're right.

I hope the cover is not too hard to get off. The one on the Coccoro is similar to the one on the Safe Seat, and I lost both of those.
Judi 08:29 AM 08-11-2012
Originally Posted by ketchupqueen:
Any more info on rf tethering?

I have emailed Vera to verify.

Originally Posted by finn:

Not a non-rethread. I agree with Anne, it would last about the same time.

Lock offs. I got to play as I was putting it in Vera's car.
Judi 08:31 AM 08-11-2012
Ooh, I'll bet you're right.

I hope the cover is not too hard to get off. The one on the Coccoro is similar to the one on the Safe Seat, and I lost both of those.
It is super simple. I was taking pics of the front, and Jess took of the back, and said, "hey, look!". Just twist the knob.
KaysKidz 09:25 AM 08-11-2012
I still don't like it...at least in a sedan. It puts the child MUCH too high up for my liking. Picturing a roll over and the roof being crushed with a baby that high
caritas 10:10 AM 08-11-2012
Judi, didn't Vera say she thought we were going to be able to RF tether too?
She said it wouldn't come with a D-ring by default because they want us to contact our car manufacturer for approval to do so, and then call Clek for a D-ring.
Judi 10:23 AM 08-11-2012
Yes, but she also said it wouldn't be in the manual. Was wondering the that info should be shared. Remember, I had some Blonde talking my ear off.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Reply Up

Forum Home | Sponsors: Clek | Nuna | Maxi-Cosi | Britax | Graco | Kids-N-Cribs | Amazon