Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums
Forums Home | Mobile Site | Search | Carseat Blog | Carseat Basics | FAQ | Store | Support Us and Shop Amazon

Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Contact Us to Sponsor a Top Banner Ad!  

Visitors are welcome to post a question anonymously, without registration. Please see announcement for more details.

Go Back   Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums > Shopping > Shopping: Carseats, Travel Systems & Stroller Coupons and Deals

Notices

Shopping: Carseats, Travel Systems & Stroller Coupons and Deals Buying tips, Prices, Stock, Sales, Bargains & Promo Coupon Codes on Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, Graco, Recaro, Safety 1st, Diono & More!

Old 06-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #1
Lemonade
CPS Technician

Lemonade is almost a CPS know-it-allLemonade is almost a CPS know-it-allLemonade is almost a CPS know-it-allLemonade is almost a CPS know-it-all
Britax Chaperone Stroller for bigger kids?

I bought one to resell and it's coming today. It will be very tempting to open it. I still use a stroller for DD when we walk DS to school daily/pick him up. Does anyone have pictures or opinions on whether it would work for an older child. My concern is the lack of a foot rest and her feet being close to the wheels. She's 39".
Thanks!

#ADS
Car-Seat.Org
Please Support Our Sponsors!

Car-Seat.Org is online  

RECARO Child Safety – Child restraints inspired by decades of safety in racing seat technology.

Visitors are welcome to post a question anonymously, without registration. Please see announcement for more details.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
Lemonade
CPS Technician

Lemonade is almost a CPS know-it-allLemonade is almost a CPS know-it-allLemonade is almost a CPS know-it-allLemonade is almost a CPS know-it-all
Re: Britax Chaperone Stroller for bigger kids?

Curiousity killed the cat. Or, opened the stroller box.

It's nice but her feet have no where to go. Off to Craig's list.
Lemonade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:36 PM   #3
Kac
CPS Technician

Kac is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Kac is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Kac is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Kac is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Kac is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Kac is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!

What color is it?
Old 06-13-2012, 04:40 PM   #4
Lemonade
CPS Technician

Savannah

It's nice and nice looking. I sort of wish she fit better. She actually doesn't mind and loved it but I can't rationalize keeping it when she actually has a foot rest in the BJCMicro. Her feet aren't near the wheels like in her Maclaren so that's good. It was only $41. Albee sells them for $89. Originally $299. As long as I don't lose $, I'll be happy
Old 06-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #5
Kac
CPS Technician

Kac is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Kac is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Kac is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Kac is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Kac is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Kac is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!

$41?! Holy crap!!!
Old 06-13-2012, 06:15 PM   #6
mykidsmylife
CPS Technician

mykidsmylife is almost a CPS know-it-allmykidsmylife is almost a CPS know-it-allmykidsmylife is almost a CPS know-it-allmykidsmylife is almost a CPS know-it-all

I got one as well and we have been using it all day. It is a beast but it pushes soooo good even on hard dirt and grass. It also turns like a dream. I got it to use at SeaWorld b/c of the large basket and lay down option. We bring food and water in so we need somewhere to keep it. I had planned on re-selling it after using it but I like it so I am torn. I also had the same concerns with the lack of leg support but she seems fine. I may end up rigging up a pool noodle support or something.

Johnathon 10yrs, 76 lbs, 5-steps
Seth, 6yrs, 43lbs in Clek Oobr
River, 4yrs, 38lbs in FR85 and Clek Foonf
mykidsmylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:06 PM   #7
Lemonade
CPS Technician

ooh. Pool noodle. Not a bad idea.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:24 AM   #8
SavsMom
CPS Fanatic

SavsMom is almost a CPS know-it-allSavsMom is almost a CPS know-it-allSavsMom is almost a CPS know-it-allSavsMom is almost a CPS know-it-all
I got one just to play with, put my 40" 4 year old in it and was amazed that she fits nicely, lol! I put the leg rest all the way up and it actually gave her better support than I thought it would. I was shocked at how easy it is to push and steer.

DD - 12/07 - SureRide & ProBooster
DS - 9/13 - KeyFit30
SavsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:35 AM   #9
lovemybabies924
CPS Technician

lovemybabies924 is almost a CPS know-it-alllovemybabies924 is almost a CPS know-it-alllovemybabies924 is almost a CPS know-it-all
Umm pics!!!
Old 06-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #10
dsgirl

dsgirl has disabled reputation

Yes pics please!!!!
dsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 09:18 PM   #11
livsmum
Carseat Crazy

livsmum has disabled reputation

Just snagged one. Hope it's a good fit for my 22 month old.
livsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #12
mykidsmylife
CPS Technician

mykidsmylife is almost a CPS know-it-allmykidsmylife is almost a CPS know-it-allmykidsmylife is almost a CPS know-it-allmykidsmylife is almost a CPS know-it-all

Here is just a couple of quick shots as it is morning and the sun is bright. I can get better ones later if needed. I don't have pool noodles with holes down the middle so I have to find some to make a foot prop.

Last edited by mykidsmylife; 04-26-2013 at 09:58 AM.
mykidsmylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #13
happiness-and-balance
CPS Technician

happiness-and-balance is almost a CPS know-it-allhappiness-and-balance is almost a CPS know-it-allhappiness-and-balance is almost a CPS know-it-allhappiness-and-balance is almost a CPS know-it-allhappiness-and-balance is almost a CPS know-it-all
I bought one to resell..a year ago.. and it's still here, I couldn't part with it. It works so well for mall shopping and on rough surfaces. I put a 6 year old in it when she's tired (and cranky) and she has never complained about her foot placement, although she's never in it for very long. I the adjustable handle. I'm 5'9, so slightly on the giraffe side, and I NEED tall handles. I find the basket falls if you put too much weight in the rear of the basket, closest to the back wheels. Other than that, and the fact that it's beast, I love it.

Mine is Savannah too, it cleans up well!
Old 06-16-2012, 11:43 AM   #14
mykidsmylife
CPS Technician

Yeah we had that issue at the grocery store, the basket collapsing and groceries falling out. WE bought it to load up when we go to SeaWorld so I hope it doesnt happen there.

Support our Forums at Car-Seat.Org!