Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums
Forums Home | Mobile Site | Search | Carseat Blog | Carseat Basics | FAQ | Store | Support Us and Shop Amazon

Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Contact Us to Sponsor a Top Banner Ad!  

Visitors are welcome to post a question anonymously, without registration. Please see announcement for more details.

Go Back   Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums > Community > Carseat Chat

Notices

Carseat Chat Introductions and Miscellaneous Child Passenger Safety Topics and Chat. Discuss Ratings, Laws, News, Etc. No Off-topic Discussions!

Carseat Chat is sponsored by Kids-N-Cribs.com

Old 06-03-2012, 12:10 AM   #1
Brycen'sMommy
Senior Community Member

Brycen'sMommy is almost a CPS know-it-allBrycen'sMommy is almost a CPS know-it-allBrycen'sMommy is almost a CPS know-it-allBrycen'sMommy is almost a CPS know-it-allBrycen'sMommy is almost a CPS know-it-all
Graco Size4Me 70 PICS!!

All I can say is holy tall seat!! My two year old has miles above her head. This was just a quick try out tonight because it was bed time but I will try to do a more in depth review tomorrow and answer some questions. So far I really like it. My model is 2 years 3 months, 37 inches, 29 lbs. I will take some pics of my 4 year old tomorrow. She was already asleep.

Adjusted for RF

RF recline

Headrest in top position

Installed RF, went in very easily

Installed FF, It was a little tricky. I need to play with it some more.

More pics added in posts #39, 51 & 62

B- 8y4m, 56 lbs, 56 inches, Graco Connext & Cosco Topside
L- 6y8m, 48 lbs, 51 inches, Britax Parkway SGL & Britax Parkway SG
M- 4y9m, 40 lbs, 45 inches, Diono Olympia & Graco Nautilus w/SS
E- 21 months, 25 lbs, 34 inches Graco MySize & Peg Perego PVC

Last edited by Brycen'sMommy; 06-04-2012 at 06:16 PM.

#ADS
Car-Seat.Org
Please Support Our Sponsors!

Car-Seat.Org is online  

RECARO Child Safety – Child restraints inspired by decades of safety in racing seat technology.

Visitors are welcome to post a question anonymously, without registration. Please see announcement for more details.

Old 06-03-2012, 12:18 AM   #2
kirst
Carseat Crazy

kirst is a Car-Seat.Org cub writer
Looks nice to bad theres no reason for me to need one. The only thing I dont like is the one cupholder. That just looks odd to me but I like things the same on both sides.

How far up can the headrest be for rearfacing?
kirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:23 AM   #3
yetanotherjen
CPST Instructor

yetanotherjen is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Authoryetanotherjen is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Authoryetanotherjen is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Author
Re: Graco Size4Me 70 PICS!!

WOW! That looks awesome, I'm not in love with the high base and the 40" rfing limit but overall what an awesome looking seat! Definitely worth the price! I see this becoming a very recommended seat!
Old 06-03-2012, 12:29 AM   #4
christineka
CPS Technician

christineka has disabled reputation

It looks like a seat that will puzzle well! I hope it comes out in color soon.

Dd1 age 14 (seatbelt), Dd2 age 12 (seatbelt), Ds1 age 11 (Probooster), Dd4 age 9 (Probooster), Ds2 age 7 (Ffing Radian 80), and Dd4 age 5 (Rfing Radian r120)
christineka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:29 AM   #5
Kobain's Mommy
CPS Fanatic

Kobain's Mommy is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice AuthorKobain's Mommy is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Author

I hope somewhere around here gets them soon! At the next BRU/TRU trade in I may need to get one.

Kobain's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:57 AM   #6
cupcakepirate11
Carseat Crazy

cupcakepirate11 has disabled reputation
I wonder how wide the seat is if it will allow for a three across in more cars

How high can the head rest be rfing?
Old 06-03-2012, 02:21 AM   #7
Shaunam
CPS Fanatic

Shaunam is a Car-Seat.org LeaderShaunam is a Car-Seat.org LeaderShaunam is a Car-Seat.org LeaderShaunam is a Car-Seat.org LeaderShaunam is a Car-Seat.org LeaderShaunam is a Car-Seat.org LeaderShaunam is a Car-Seat.org LeaderShaunam is a Car-Seat.org Leader

When you get a chance, I'd LOVE to see the most reclined position allowed for forward facing with a model in it.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:30 AM   #8
msg221
CPS Technician

msg221 is almost a CPS know-it-allmsg221 is almost a CPS know-it-allmsg221 is almost a CPS know-it-allmsg221 is almost a CPS know-it-all

Looks great and I was liking it for the no re-thread harness but not liking what you said about it being tricky to install FF. This is the problem I had with the MR; I cannot get a good, tight install FF in my car, my husband's truck, or a Toyota Camry I had for the day as a loaner car when my car was being worked on. I have an Argos, and it installs so quick and easy, but not the MR. I wish I could figure out what the problem is.

Marsha, Zain & Nour's godmother/"Auntie Marsha" and Ethan, Katelyn, Owen & Chase's Nanny (G-ma) Marsha
msg221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:55 AM   #9
djma
CPS Technician

djma has disabled reputation

Thank you so much for the pics!! I want one!

Would also be interested in your thoughts/pics on 3-across friendliness.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:06 AM   #10
JOII
Senior Community Member

JOII is almost a CPS know-it-allJOII is almost a CPS know-it-allJOII is almost a CPS know-it-all

Wow nice! I wasn't considering one but now I may want to replace my PITA radian with it. Hmmmm..... hopefully I can find one to play with to see if it will fit in my three across.

JOII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:01 AM   #11
kidzndogz
CPS Technician

kidzndogz is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!kidzndogz is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!kidzndogz is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!kidzndogz is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!kidzndogz is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!kidzndogz is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!
I love it.

Why oh why can't it have rebound control?? If Graco would have thought of that, they'd be good competition. and I'd prefer Graco over Diono any day. But I want some anti-rebound. :::cries::

http://ashortstorymadelong.blogspot.com
kidzndogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:04 AM   #12
java
CPS Technician

java is a novice Car-Seat.Org journalist

She has SO much room but only 3 more inches until she hits the 40 inch rfing rule....why oh why do they have to set that limit?

java is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:34 AM   #13
Jessica61624
CPS Fanatic

Jessica61624 is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Jessica61624 is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Jessica61624 is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Jessica61624 is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Jessica61624 is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Jessica61624 is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Jessica61624 is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!
So as long as the child is under 40 inches they can rf to the top of the head rest? It looks like its just as tall as the radian.
Jessica61624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #14
Holly
Senior Community Member

Holly IS a CPS Know-It-All!Holly IS a CPS Know-It-All!Holly IS a CPS Know-It-All!Holly IS a CPS Know-It-All!Holly IS a CPS Know-It-All!Holly IS a CPS Know-It-All!Holly IS a CPS Know-It-All!Holly IS a CPS Know-It-All!

Is that the older style Graco buckle that more people like?
Old 06-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #15
LISmama810
Admin - CPS Technician

LISmama810 is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireLISmama810 is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireLISmama810 is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireLISmama810 is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireLISmama810 is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireLISmama810 is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireLISmama810 is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireLISmama810 is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireLISmama810 is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireLISmama810 is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireLISmama810 is a CPS Guru Extraordinaire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly
Is that the older style Graco buckle that more people like?
No, that's the new awful one.
LISmama810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #16
armywife12
CPS Fanatic

armywife12 is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Authorarmywife12 is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Author

If it can be rf until the top of the headrest when in the highest position, it looks miles taller than the Radian. Sucks that it has the new style buckle. I haven't played with it yet but have heard so many complaints about them
Old 06-03-2012, 11:12 AM   #17
TechnoGranola
Forum Ambassador

TechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org LeaderTechnoGranola is a Car-Seat.org Leader
I feel like a broken record, but I don't want someone reading to avoid a Graco seat because of the new buckle, so again, I like the new buckle as much or more than the old buckle. I really like how the tongues need a firm press and make a definitive click when buckled. And unbuckling has not been difficult for me; press at the top of the red button as the red button pivots at the bottom so pushing lower will make it difficult to open.

I am sad that some people are having so much trouble with it and wish we could figure out why it's so difficult for some, yet easy for others. Is there a disparity in the manufactured buckles? Size of fingers/hands? Learning curve to pressing in a different spot?

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org
TechnoGranola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:21 AM   #18
katymyers
Carseat Crazy

katymyers is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Authorkatymyers is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Author
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoGranola
I feel like a broken record, but I don't want someone reading to avoid a Graco seat because of the new buckle, so again, I like the new buckle as much or more than the old buckle. I really like how the tongues need a firm press and make a definitive click when buckled. And unbuckling has not been difficult for me; press at the top of the red button as the red button pivots at the bottom so pushing lower will make it difficult to open.

I am sad that some people are having so much trouble with it and wish we could figure out why it's so difficult for some, yet easy for others. Is there a disparity in the manufactured buckles? Size of fingers/hands? Learning curve to pressing in a different spot?

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org
My problem with the new buckles is that to unbuckle mine I have to press at the very very top and my nail gets caught between the button and the body and I have to use a lot of pressure to press it down. So I'm trying to apply a good amount of pressure down on one tiny spot at the top of the button while my thumb is sliding forward getting caught. It's a trick to keep kids from unbuckling themselves and I get that but I must have wimpy hands or something cause it's somewhat painful for me.
katymyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #19
whiteyacht
Carseat Crazy

whiteyacht is a novice Car-Seat.Org journalist
Was it easy to tighten the harness RF?
Old 06-03-2012, 11:27 AM   #20
katymyers
Carseat Crazy

katymyers is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Authorkatymyers is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Author
I'm very tempted by this seat for my oldest.... That's one tall seat that I bet I could keep my three year rear facing even longer in . He's almost outgrown his MyRide and I'm having anxiety attacks over turning him around lol. That and I just like being difficult since my husband's family likes to tell me how awful I am (and say far worse behind my back) for rear facing a three year old. It's almost enough to make me wanna get a Swedish seat .

Support our Forums at Car-Seat.Org!