Please help me choose a new seat

Which new seat?

• Britax Frontier for DS

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Radian for DS (please specify which one)

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • New convertible for DD and keep DS in BLVD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LRutt

OK...let's try this again! LOL Not sure if this is in the right section or not. If not, please feel free to move it! But someone in one of my other threads suggested I post a poll, so if I can figure out how to do it, here goes!

We need to get a new seat (possibly two of the same seat) as our 15 month old DD will be outgrowing her Chicco key fit very soon. A little background: the seats will mostly be installed in a 2008 Jeep Liberty and a 2010 Jeep Cherokee. Most of the day to day driving will take place in the Liberty.

DS is 3 years 5 months, 34 lb. fully clothes w/ shoes on, and about 38.5 inches tall. He is currently FF in a Britax Boulevard in both vehicles. (Was RFing in BLVD in both vehicles until right before our DD was born...just just over 2 years)

DD is 15 months, 19.0 lbs. and 29.5 inches tall. She is currently in a Chicco Keyfit.

No plans of a 3rd child right now, but not completely ruled out, and we do have an adult 3rd passenger riding in the back seat sometimes. We may also need to have room for a 3rd child next year for carpooling, act. so while space isn't a huge issue, it somewhat is.

Our options are:
1. pass the BLVD's down to DD and get a Britax Frontier for DS as this will hopefully be the last seat he'll need. That's one pro. Another pro to this option is that it's a Britax and seems to have a similar install to our current Britax, which we're used to. It also seems easy to use and very similar to what we're used to. Con is that it's HUGE!!! LOL I'm guessing a 3rd adult passenger might not be comfortable at all, and I'm guessing we might not be able to install a 3rd seat ever with a Frontier and a BLVD.

2. pass the BLVD's down to DD and get a Radian (100, 120 or XT?) for DS. Pros: seat has a life pan of 10 years, so when DS outgrows it, DD can use it. It's narrow so it'll give us more room to work with when having an adult passenger ride back there, or needing to install a 3rd carseat back there. Cons: have NEVER in my life seen one and don't know if anywhere locally carries them. NO idea how the install would be in our Jeeps. If you vote for this one, please specify which one you'd get and why.

3. Keep DS in the BLVDs and get new seats for the DD. (this doesn't seem like as great of an option b/c while DS still has plenty of growing room in the BLVDs, not sure we'll be able to go from the BLVD to a booster???)

4. open to any other ideas/recommendations too! :)

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC