Diono angle adjuster on a plane?

amyd

Thoughts? Just trying to think through our options for a short flight we'll be taking in the summer. I really want the Radians for the driving part at our destination.

ADS

DaniannieB

Ambassador - CPS Technician
The RNs fit so well FF on the plane that for a child old enough to FF I'd probably just FF on the plane and then install the seat RF in the car.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I agree; for kids over 2 and of a weight to ff, I brought the Radians, ff on the plane, and packed the well-padded bases (include angle adjuster if necessary) in my checked bags. Only with kids I was ok ff until lost luggage was found if it came down to that, of course, but all went well with our luggage, the bases were intact, and I didn't even have to wrestle the Safe Stop since no tethers on the plane. ;) The kids can use a tray with tfn and all too. I did have one at the time too young to ff; I traded her and her sister's normal convertibles and put her in the Complete Air and her sister in her Radian for planes.

As an alternative, depending on age if you are NOT ok with ff in the car even in extremes but are on the plane, pack the base in a carryon.

I think the angle adjuster might work in the bulkhead, but you can't always guarantee getting that...

Pixels

I'll bet the Radian fits just fine with the AA on the plane. It takes up less room than a RFing MyRide in my van.

amyd

Pixels said:
I'll bet the Radian fits just fine with the AA on the plane. It takes up less room than a RFing MyRide in my van.

That's good to know, thanks. A MyRide would be the alternative to the Radian. I'm really hoping to have both boys in Radians for the driving part though so one of us can sit in the backseat if necessary.

T4K

Pixels said:

Oh geez. Why did you say this?? My child will last until high school in her MR. She doesn't need a radian. The radian would make and excellent forward facing seat for her. My husband would kill me. Maybe even torture me first.

Pixels

Oh geez. Why did you say this?? My child will last until high school in her MR. She doesn't need a radian. The radian would make and excellent forward facing seat for her. My husband would kill me. Maybe even torture me first.

IMG_2312.jpg

MR foreground, Radian with angle adjuster background.

:whistle:

mrosehughes

I have used a radian XTSL RFing on a plane with the AA. It's a tight fit but I was comfortable with it. The seat in front of DS could not recline. The man in the seat looked peeved, but had he said anything I would have asked if he'd prefer his seat kicked the whole time :). Next flight we go on I'll probably FF DS, but for a 15 month old I'd definitely RF.

amyd

mrosehughes said:
I have used a radian XTSL RFing on a plane with the AA. It's a tight fit but I was comfortable with it. The seat in front of DS could not recline. The man in the seat looked peeved, but had he said anything I would have asked if he'd prefer his seat kicked the whole time :). Next flight we go on I'll probably FF DS, but for a 15 month old I'd definitely RF.

Thank you!! I'm not worried about the seat in front. We plan to book seats so we can have DS1 FFing in front of DS2 RFing. Did the flight attendants hassle you about the AA or having a bigger baby RFing? We'll be flying Air Canada.

mrosehughes

The flight attendants have never said anything to me about the seats, and I've flown a number of times, but we always fly southwest and I'm pretty quick at the install at this point.

I should mention that on one of the flights the seat was basically braced against the seat in front of it and only resting (not squished into) the AA. It was tightly installed, but I really wedged it in there. If you're flying on a very small plane (this was on a 737, I think), it may not fit.

amyd

mrosehughes said:
The flight attendants have never said anything to me about the seats, and I've flown a number of times, but we always fly southwest and I'm pretty quick at the install at this point.

I should mention that on one of the flights the seat was basically braced against the seat in front of it and only resting (not squished into) the AA. It was tightly installed, but I really wedged it in there. If you're flying on a very small plane (this was on a 737, I think), it may not fit.

Thanks. Yes, it's a small plane. Embraer 190.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC