Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums
Forums Home | Mobile Site | Search | Carseat Blog | Carseat Basics | FAQ | Store | Support Us and Shop Amazon

Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Contact Us to Sponsor a Top Banner Ad!  

Visitors are welcome to post a question anonymously, without registration. Please see announcement for more details.

Go Back   Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums > Community > Carseat Chat

Notices

Carseat Chat Introductions and Miscellaneous Child Passenger Safety Topics and Chat. Discuss Ratings, Laws, News, Etc. No Off-topic Discussions!

Carseat Chat is sponsored by Kids-N-Cribs.com

Old 08-24-2011, 05:13 PM   #1
bnsnyde
CPS Technician

bnsnyde is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Authorbnsnyde is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Author
What do you think of this?

http://airprotect.safety1st.com/stories.php

This is pretty smart marketing. Maybe Dorel really is taking my suggestions about having some third party testimony about their technology.

One of my undergrad majors was advertising so I'm drawn to analysis of these sorts of things.

It's interesting, at any rate.
(Yes, it could have been any seat, perhaps, etc. but the WAY they produced this ad is effective).
ERF Radian (2.5 years old)
Chaperone (8 mos.) 2011 Odyssey

#ADS
Car-Seat.Org
Please Support Our Sponsors!

Car-Seat.Org is online  

RECARO Child Safety – Child restraints inspired by decades of safety in racing seat technology.

Visitors are welcome to post a question anonymously, without registration. Please see announcement for more details.

Old 08-24-2011, 05:27 PM   #2
LISmama810
Moderator - CPS Technician

LISmama810 is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireLISmama810 is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireLISmama810 is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireLISmama810 is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireLISmama810 is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireLISmama810 is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireLISmama810 is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireLISmama810 is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireLISmama810 is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireLISmama810 is a CPS Guru ExtraordinaireLISmama810 is a CPS Guru Extraordinaire
Smart marketing, yes.

Makes me want to barf, but yes, smart on their part.
LISmama810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:03 PM   #3
Brianna
Car-Seat.Org Benefactor

Brianna is a Car-Seat.org LeaderBrianna is a Car-Seat.org LeaderBrianna is a Car-Seat.org LeaderBrianna is a Car-Seat.org LeaderBrianna is a Car-Seat.org LeaderBrianna is a Car-Seat.org LeaderBrianna is a Car-Seat.org LeaderBrianna is a Car-Seat.org LeaderBrianna is a Car-Seat.org Leader
They make it sound like the air cushions saved her- but isn't her head below them?

Godmom to J, September 2009
Brianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:26 PM   #4
southernveg

southernveg has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by briheartzu
They make it sound like the air cushions saved her- but isn't her head below them?
Genius marketing, but I was wondering the same thing. Especially considering she grew between accident and promo-shoot.
southernveg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:32 PM   #5
cowgirlsmommy
CPS Technician

cowgirlsmommy has disabled reputation
Dorel really does have a wall at their factory with stories from families about their seats saving life. If you ever visit, the place does make you feel all warm and fuzzy. That video made me cry. I can't even think about being in a crash with my kids.

cowgirlsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:33 PM   #6
cowgirlsmommy
CPS Technician

cowgirlsmommy has disabled reputation
It is good marketing but I think they're just saying it did what it should've done. I didn't really take it as the air part doing all the work.

cowgirlsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:41 PM   #7
amelia222
CPS Technician

amelia222 is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Authoramelia222 is a Car-Seat.Org Editor's Choice Author
Re: What do you think of this?

Awesome marketing! It made me cry, so.....yeah. They could've given the parents some credit for installing and buckling properly though. Air protect bubble anyone?

amelia222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:46 PM   #8
creideamh
CPS Technician

creideamh is almost a CPS know-it-allcreideamh is almost a CPS know-it-allcreideamh is almost a CPS know-it-allcreideamh is almost a CPS know-it-allcreideamh is almost a CPS know-it-all

LOL, it made me tear up, too.
And ya, DD's head is still below the air cushions in the OB35Air and she's 8 months old...
Old 08-24-2011, 06:52 PM   #9
hrice
CPS Technician

hrice is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!hrice is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!hrice is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!hrice is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!hrice is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!hrice is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!
What about replacing the seat? Her parents brought her in the same one? I saw they gave her a new one but I wish they would have mentioned the need to replace.

And how do I get a monogrammed CA? That was pretty cool!
Peyton 4y8m & 35lb RF & FF in R120/FR90/FR85
hrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:54 PM   #10
firemomof3
CPS Technician

firemomof3 IS a CPS Know-It-All!firemomof3 IS a CPS Know-It-All!firemomof3 IS a CPS Know-It-All!firemomof3 IS a CPS Know-It-All!firemomof3 IS a CPS Know-It-All!firemomof3 IS a CPS Know-It-All!firemomof3 IS a CPS Know-It-All!firemomof3 IS a CPS Know-It-All!

Yup, I was crying
firemomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:19 PM   #11
Jessica61624
CPS Fanatic

Jessica61624 is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Jessica61624 is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Jessica61624 is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Jessica61624 is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Jessica61624 is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Jessica61624 is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!Jessica61624 is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrice
What about replacing the seat? Her parents brought her in the same one? I saw they gave her a new one but I wish they would have mentioned the need to replace.

And how do I get a monogrammed CA? That was pretty cool!
Same thoughts here. Hopefully they ERF!
Jessica61624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:53 PM   #12
AnnaC
Carseat Crazy

AnnaC is a Car-Seat.org recognized contributor

And this is why my DH wanted to get a CA.
AnnaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:01 PM   #13
monica-m
CPST Instructor

monica-m is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!monica-m is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!monica-m is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!monica-m is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!monica-m is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!monica-m is a top author and CPS Guru wannabe!

It's effective marketing, it speaks to a parent's desire to keep their child safe. I wanted to scream that proper use is what's going to keep your child safe, not air pillows.
Thank You from:
Old 08-24-2011, 09:09 PM   #14
Kat_Momof3
CPS Advocate

Kat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org LeaderKat_Momof3 is a Car-Seat.org Leader

I've seen it... it is what it is... great marketing.

I'm just happy the seat is shown to have clearly been used properly and we can assume installed properly.

they aren't saying what SK/Diono says... that theirs is "the safest"... just that their seat kept a baby safe... they make you think about the people working there... they're trying to market themselves as a company that cares and makes good seats... which is true.

Check out my new hair blog - Ruthie-dos

Support our Forums at Car-Seat.Org!