Full Desktop Site Register
Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums
Car Seat.Org - Carseat, Automobile & Child Passenger Safety Community Forums

Carseat Chat>FR85/RN/RN in an Elantra?
bccrst 05:24 PM 06-08-2011
Can it be done? One RN can be RF or FF, one must be FF.

Aurezalia 05:30 PM 06-08-2011
What year?
Older body style - no way. RN/RN/RN is pretty much all you can count on. I believe the newer body style is wider though, it *might* be doable.
bccrst 05:40 PM 06-08-2011
2009+, the newer, larger one
Mingie 06:03 PM 06-08-2011
I have a 2009 as a rental right now. No way those 3 will work and highly unlikely many 3 across will work with the way the seat curves up at the sides.
The Elantra has a new style for 2011. Not sure what the back seat is like for this. I will peek in when I pick up my van from the dealer in a few minutes just for my own curiosity.
gsdguenter 07:05 PM 06-08-2011
I drive a 2010 Elantra and can fit MT, ffing RN, and rfing RN. As well as rfing RN, ffing RN, and rfin RN. I know I tried some combination with the MR as well and it worked, but I can't remember.

I don't have a FR85, but can try out MR/RN/RN if you want or Scenera/RN/RN. Or CA/RN/RN. Just let me know.

FYI All of my RNs are the newer boot.
bccrst 09:55 PM 06-08-2011
Originally Posted by gsdguenter:
I drive a 2010 Elantra and can fit MT, ffing RN, and rfing RN. As well as rfing RN, ffing RN, and rfin RN. I know I tried some combination with the MR as well and it worked, but I can't remember.

I don't have a FR85, but can try out MR/RN/RN if you want or Scenera/RN/RN. Or CA/RN/RN. Just let me know.

FYI All of my RNs are the newer boot.
I'd appreciate that, thanks! Can you try MR/FFRN/RFRN as well as both RNs FF? I don't really care where the seats are in relation to outboard etc.

I may look at a PW for D2 in the near future, but don't know how easy it would be to buckle a booster in a tight back seat.
Judi 01:40 AM 06-09-2011
The bolsters make the Hyundai's hard for 3 acrosses.
ketchupqueen 03:30 AM 06-09-2011
I've found the easiest way to do a booster in a tight 3 across is to leave it buckled, and have the kid pull a little slack into the belt and wiggle under, then tighten it up. Not the most convenient thing but it can work.
gsdguenter 06:40 PM 06-09-2011
I can try this tomorrow. It's been a looooong day today

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org
bccrst 08:51 PM 06-09-2011
Originally Posted by gsdguenter:
I can try this tomorrow. It's been a looooong day today

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org
It's alright. After talking to more people, I've had to accept that a sedan is rahter impractical for our lifestyle. I'm looking at the 2006 and newer Kia Sedonas now
Dillipop 08:02 AM 06-10-2011
Originally Posted by bccrst:
It's alright. After talking to more people, I've had to accept that a sedan is rahter impractical for our lifestyle. I'm looking at the 2006 and newer Kia Sedonas now
We have a 2005 Elantra with a 3-across right now. I currently have a ffing radian, rfing shuttle33, and OS parkway. It is really tight, but works. I think I might be able to fit a radian rfing in the shuttle33 spot, but I haven't tried it yet. In the parkway spot, I can also do a monterey (not latched though, since we pull the booster to the side to buckle) or a turbobooster, although the turbo fit isn't as great as I'd like.

I agree with others, though, about the van versus the car. We just traded in our Buick Century for a Toyota Sienna. The extra space is sooooo nice. No more fighting, no more struggling to get the kids in, etc. The Buick was big enough that is was *ok* to deal with 3-across on a regular basis. If the Hyundai Elantra had been our primary vehicle, we would have gotten a new vehicle a lot sooner than now.

Reply Up

Forum Home | Sponsors: Clek | Nuna | Maxi-Cosi | Britax | Graco | Kids-N-Cribs | Amazon