Check my Regent install

firemomof3

Here is ds's new Regent :love: I forgot how much I love this seat! I just wanted another opinion and to be sure I did this right ;) The dom of the Regent is 8/09, ds stats are in siggy and vehicle is 06 Sedona (which states to defer to car seat for latch limit).
I have it installed using the short belt path with latch & tethered.
IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

There is a gap between the Regent and vehicle seat but its not as bad vs the Frontier
IMG_0270.jpg

ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Did you need an opinion or were you just showing off the new seat? Everything looks great to me.

Posted by a robot and susceptible to unrelated and potentially inappropriate AutoCorrects.

mommyx4

I would have to go look at mine in the truck bc for the life of me I can't remember if the buckle goes inside or outside the recline bar. I'm guessing inside like you have it. I love my Regent too. Much more than the Frontier.

firemomof3

Oh no showing off, thats not what I was trying to do. Didn't Britax change their stance on when to use the short vs. long belt path depending on the dom? That is why I posted, I wanted to be sure I was using the correct belt path.

luckyclov

I'm so jealous - how did you score a new Regent? I miss ours terribly. It was an awesome seat.:love:

Install looks perfect, the gap is fine as long as you've met all the other installation criteria (80% or more of bottom on vehicle seat, 1" or less of movement at beltpath, Regent bottom flat on vehicle seat, blahblahblah).

I'm going off memory here, but IIRC, DD's Regent was a 2007 (maybe 2008) DOM, post-advisory w/ recline bar. We installed via LATCH LBP first, then switched to LATCH SBP until she max'ed out the lower anchor weight limit, then seatbelt SBP. I always just went by what the label said on the side of the seat.

firemomof3

It was actually just a goof that I found it. It was through a friend's friend who had bought it new and kept it in his guest bedroom still in the box with tags. He decided to sell it because he ended up not needing it. So, I bought it and he brought it over brand spanking new :2thumbsup:

mommyfrog

I just pulled out my Regent manual to make sure I was remembering correctly. For a 42 pound child you need to be using the short belt path, which you are. But it says if the car doesn't specify a LATCH limit to assume it is 40 pounds and use the seat belt. Unless they changed that from 2008 to 2009. So if I'm correct, you should be doing short belt path and with the lap/shoulder belt you would go outside the recline bar. I love my Regents too!!

firemomof3

Thank you! Yes, I could have sworn it was 48lbs. but my Regent also says 40lbs. So I reinstalled it using the lap/shoulder belt OUTSIDE the recline bar and it was easy peesy :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC