Question 2011 Honda Odyssey 3 car seats in 2nd row

U

Unregistered

I'm considering purchasing a 2011 Honda Odyssey. Honda claims that this new model allows for 3 car seats in the second row. I saw with my own eyes that all 3 seats do have Latch, and the two outside chairs slide out a bit for a "wide mode" which supposedly leaves enough room for the seats. This is a huge selling point to me, but I can't find any information about the safety of this set up or whether any car seats will fit, or if you need to buy smaller sizes.

I don't have the 3 car seats to test yet - my twins are due in September. But I can't necessarily buy special seats to fit the car because I'm also getting a stroller which only accepts certain brand car seats. And the safety is my real concern. Is that middle seat strong enough to hold the car seat in place? Or does the Latch system make that irrelevant?

Does anyone know where I can find more information on this?

ADS

bnsnyde

We bought this van. Yes, you can fit 3 carseats in the second row, and you can probably chose from a variety of seats. The wide mode makes it very doable.

We currently have the infant seat in that middle seat, middle row (Britax Chaperone). It's a huge seat and works fine, and is latched. The middle seat is wonderful and even slides back or forth, which means you can fit nearly anything next to it. Next to ours behind the passenger is an Advocate RF, also a huge seat with side wings. The third seat is open so we can access the kiddos in the back, but you could put a seat there. Then I'm not sure how you'd get to the back, exactly, if you did have 3 carseats in the second row. But maybe you don't need access back there?

I am so pleased we chose this van because it seems to make fitting the maximum # of seats in very easy. Right now all four kids fit great, and there is room for more.

mlohry

We have a 2005 and I got 3 rear facing seats in the 3rd row. One Britax RA 50 and 2 Graco Snugrides 30 for me twin nieces. I set the bases at different levels and they all fit great.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC