New triumph will rear face to 35 pounds!!!

cadensmommy

Senior Community Member
this is the email i got from them!!

Good morning Clarissa,

Thank you for visiting safetymadeeasier.com! We appreciate your input!

Your wish is our command; come July the Triumph and Titan Convertible
Seats will have a rear facing weight limit of 35lbs!

We had so many requests through the website that it helped to complete
our testing early and make the announcement early.

Thanks again for visiting safetymadeasier.com! Fee free to email us
any
time with questions!

ADS

ThreeBeans

With a rearfacing weight of 35 lbs and a forward facing weight of 50, this becomes a seat competitive with the Britax seats. Hurrah for more affordable GOOD seats on the market.

Graco's ass is showing, isn't it? *snickers*

musicmaj

I got an e-mail from them too. I am excited about this. I really like my triumph, but I was planning on buying my 20 month old a new seat because I want him rearfacing longer and harnessed longer. He should still fit in his triumph rearfacing for another couple of months and then maybe I will buy him this new one. I was debating between the uptown, and the fpsvd - but maybe I will like the new triumph better! It will be afordable too. I have heard that they will be between $130 and $150.

I like the triumph rearfacing because his legs have lots of room - more room than scenera. I like how well it installs in our van - super easy and rock solid. He seems very comfortable in it. My only two complaints were the harness slots being so far apart and the short shell. Now that they fixed these it sounds great.

Kellyr2

Ooooh, this would make a good grandma seat. it would last longer than a scenara or uptown, which are my other ideas for grandma seats. Not that he'll ride in their cars often enough to warrant a seperate seat.

Loves2sing

This now makes this an awesome seat to recommend to the people who really care about $ over safety! Do you know if it's coming to Canada at the same time?

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Alright, now I feel like I might need to give this seat a try. :whistle:

I am still not thrilled with the knobs, but I will give it a try when it comes out. Maybe it is better than it used to be...

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
This now makes this an awesome seat to recommend to the people who really care about $ over safety!

:( Or to people who are trying to decide whether to feed their kid or keep them safe in the car.

Seriously, though, it's not really fair to make that judgment (i.e., "They don't care enough.") There's absolutely ZERO evidence that more expensive seats are safer. It's even possible that this new Evenflo seat would kick Britax's metaphorical butt in crash tests, if we had public crash tests in the US. We don't know.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Is it still going to have the ucky double harness? That's the main reason I never liked it.

I :love: the double harness. That memory harness meant I could leave this seat with trusted people to babysit (installed in their vehicle) and did not have to worry about whether the straps were tight enough or not!:D I do realize that the memory harness was an either love it or hate it item on the seat... I was just in the love it category.;)

LeeLi

The new Triumph keeps looking more and more awesome. They fixed all the things I don't like about mine-short shell, the double "memory" harness, and low RF/FF weights. The new infinite adjust harness looks really nice, I hope it works as well as it seems in videos.

LuvBug

no it doesnt have the memory harness anymore, yay!
I hope the shell really is a good bit taller and the top slots are too. If so this is gonna be a great affordable seat!
I wonder how wide it will be? I wonder if I can get 3 across with it, a marathon, and a safeseat? lol!

Splash

This is now my new favorite seat, and I see no reason to ever waste time with Britax again.

Dear Evenflo,

I love you.

Signed,
Me

And their customer service can't be beat!

Loves2sing

:( Or to people who are trying to decide whether to feed their kid or keep them safe in the car.

Seriously, though, it's not really fair to make that judgment (i.e., "They don't care enough.") There's absolutely ZERO evidence that more expensive seats are safer. It's even possible that this new Evenflo seat would kick Britax's metaphorical butt in crash tests, if we had public crash tests in the US. We don't know.

When I made that statement I was merely thinking of my SIL in paticular, who seems to think the only thing that matters about a car seat is cost, and how cushy the seat is. If this was coming just a little sooner, I could probably get her to buy this seat over the AO, which her DS is about to grow out of at 2 years old, and he will be 2 this Friday. I didn't mean to make a judgement about people buying more expesive seats being safer, all I meant is that it gives more options to recommend to get them closer to a High weight seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC