Is this Regent install correct?

lovemyfamily

This is a rock solid install, it doesn't even move a millimeter, but DH thinks the shoulder belt should be up higher on the seat, toward the top, more than on the side like it is, in which case then the belt is too short to buckle. This is using the long belt path. What do you all think?
47b7da09b3127cce832c5e71eb4500000025118AZuGbds3Ytc

47b7da09b3127cce832c5c7d6a7800000025118AZuGbds3Ytc

47b7da09b3127cce832c5ce2ebd700000025118AZuGbds3Ytc

ADS

twom

It's fine how it is. :) It just depends on where the belt comes out in the vehicle. If you check the manual on the long belt path install pages, it shows in an illustration the two different ways the shoulder belt might go depending on your vehicle shoulder belt anchorage.

lovemyfamily

Thanks. I thought that it looked like that was a place for it to go across, but Dh was thinking it needed to go up over the top of the seat. I am glad this is how it should be, we were SO proud when we got it in that tight.

Jordynsmama

Oooh no wonder I couldn't get mine to install with the long belt path-I needed to do it like yours otherwise mine is too short as well. Oh well. I am not doing it again.

scatterbunny

When I use my Husky (same as Regent) with a lapbelt-only (thus requiring the recline bar) in my dh's truck, it's very reclined. It bothers me a little, too, but that's how it's got to be.

My preferred method is lap/shoulderbelt, long belt path, no recline bar, tethered, but right now I am using the recline bar as an experiment. It really does help dd sleep better on road trips.

For the OP, I think it's fine. :) In my Windstar the shoulderbelt naturally falls on the higher part of the top of the shell, but I think your positioning is just fine. That's where your belt naturally falls. It looks good to me! ;)

lovemyfamily

When I use my Husky (same as Regent) with a lapbelt-only (thus requiring the recline bar) in my dh's truck, it's very reclined. It bothers me a little, too, but that's how it's got to be.

My preferred method is lap/shoulderbelt, long belt path, no recline bar, tethered, but right now I am using the recline bar as an experiment. It really does help dd sleep better on road trips.

For the OP, I think it's fine. :) In my Windstar the shoulderbelt naturally falls on the higher part of the top of the shell, but I think your positioning is just fine. That's where your belt naturally falls. It looks good to me! ;)

Thanks for the reply Jenny, and taking the time to look at the photos. It feels so tight in there, I am really happy with it, and comfortable.
I didn't like how it fit with the recline bar either.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC