Question 3 across in 03 Odyssey???

mamabearof3

Does anyone know if the Parkway SGs will fit 3 across in the 3rd row of a 2003 Odyssey? Or 2 Parkways and a HB Turbobooster?

Thanks,
Stacy, chief monkey wrangler to 4

ADS

mamabearof3

Bump :)

I am looking for a booster combo that would work for my 7yo, 5.5yo eventually and playdate friends. I have the captain's chairs already filled. Would 2 Parkway SGs and a LBB fit???

Thanks,
Stacy

4boysmom

Does the 2003 have the two part center seat belt that comes from the ceiling like the 2002? It isn't very good for boosters.

mamabearof3

Yes it does. Does that mean I can never have a playdate over? Crap! Moving one of the girls back there for a quick trip here and there sucks and is just not feasible.

mamabearof3

Thanks! Guess there are no play dates until April. :)

Generally, what are the issues with the seat belt that comes from the ceiling?

Thanks,
Stacy

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It's just that the lapbelt is a manual (pull the tail to tighten, tip to loosen, like an airplane belt) lapbelt, so it has to be set for the person sitting there... an adult has no trouble tugging the tail to tighten and loosen it, but a kid has a hard time, especially working around a booster armrest), and then the shoulderbelt hooks into that, so it's just more unwieldy next to booster armrests in general. The manual doesn't prohibit booster use, and it's not an unsafe type of seatbelt by any means, but it takes a lot more proactive work on mom's part to make sure the belts are all tightened and buckled properly. (My 11 yo dd used to go into a fit of tears when confronted with that belt, so we had a few lessons on how it works and now she's cool with it, finally!).

scootiemom

I have an 05 and there is very little room between our SG and TB in the third row. Enough for a child in a RSTV, but not enough room for another seat. Even buckling the RSTV can be a challenge.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC